Bigfoot Silva outclasses Fedor revisited

Beating former UFC champs, who none of which were still in the UFC shouldn't carry much weight. There's a HUGE difference between beating a former UFC champ who's still a top contender in the UFC. And beating a former UFC champ who's no longer in the UFC and on a rapid downward spiral. When ever has an ex-champ, still top level fighter in the UFC left the UFC to fight elsewhere? How about someone who's beaten the most current UFC champs?
I agree there’s a difference between fighting a long ago former champs whose career is on a death spiral, but that’s not what we’re talking about here.
Tim Sylvia, for example, was only 2 fights removed from being champ. And when the UFC had issues with Couture and wanted to crown an Interim champ. the fight they made was Sylvia vs Nog (someone else Fedor beat, twice). That was Sylvia’s fight just prior to the Fedor fight. When Fedor fought Sylvia, he was fighting one of the UFC’s top 3 heavyweights.
In Arlovski’s case, he was a bit further away from his title reign, but not on a spiral. He lost the title to Sylvia, rematched Sylvia and lost, then went on a streak in which he beat Marciano Cruz, Fabricio Werdum, Jake O’Brien, Ben Rothwell, and Roy Nelson. Then he fought Fedor. That’s a legit winning streak, and Arlovski was a top heavyweight.

I don’t think I know what you mean by “beating current UFC champs.” Once a fighter beats the current champ in their division, they become the current champ. How many more current champs can one beat? Unless you mean former champs who are still in the UFC, like when Jones beat Rampage or Machida. But the only distinction between those fights and the Sylvia/Arlovski fights is the org it took place in. And those fighters left the UFC specifically to fight Fedor. Couture was trying to do the same. They weren’t on skids, they weren’t cut.

Last edited:
Beating former UFC champs, who none of which were still in the UFC shouldn't carry much weight. There's a HUGE difference between beating a former UFC champ who's still a top contender in the UFC. And beating a former UFC champ who's no longer in the UFC and on a rapid downward spiral. When ever has an ex-champ, still top level fighter in the UFC left the UFC to fight elsewhere? How about someone who's beaten the most current UFC champs?

Look how many new stars like Blaydes, Ngannou, Volkov base their resumes upon beating former champions who went on decline like Cain, Junior dos Santos, Werdum, Arlovski, Overeem...
And without beating those well known names new stars would not get their recognition and high status.

It was the same thing back then, with Fedor, Minotauro, Cro Cop beating Coleman, Randleman, Vovchanchyn, Sakuraba, Volk Han....

I think Vadim was bad for Fedor in the long run. He got him payed, but Fedor could have done better with different management imo. I think if he would have spent some time in the States at a premiere mma gym, and hired a dietitian and Strength and conditioning coach (like all of the other top fighters were doing at that time) he could have stayed on top for a while longer; because If you look at the fights he had in M-1 after Strikeforce folded you can see that he could still move well.
Fedors management asked for to much but they were right to stay away from the UFC. He ended up getting a much better deal from Strikeforce. For a short period of time Strikeforce had a roster comparable to the UFC. Their heavyweight division was arguably better than the UFC's.

I agree there’s a difference between fighting a long ago former champs whose career is on a death spiral, but that’s not what we’re talking about here.
Tim Sylvia, for example, was only 2 fights removed from being champ. And when the UFC had issues with Couture and wanted to crown an Interim champ. the fight they made was Sylvia vs Nog (someone else Fedor beat, twice). That was Sylvia’s fight just prior to the Fedor fight. When Fedor fought Sylvia, he was fighting one of the UFC’s top 3 heavyweights.
In Arlovski’s case, he was a bit further away from his title reign, but not on a spiral. He lost the title to Sylvia, rematched Sylvia and lost, then went on a streak in which he beat Marciano Cruz, Fabricio Werdum, Jake O’Brien, Ben Rothwell, and Roy Nelson. Then he fought Fedor. That’s a legit winning streak, and Arlovski was a top heavyweight.

I don’t think I know what you mean by “beating current UFC champs.” Once a fighter beats the current champ in their division, they become the current champ. How many more current champs can one beat? Unless you mean former champs who are still in the UFC, like when Jones beat Rampage or Machida. But the only distinction between those fights and the Sylvia/Arlovski fights is the org it took place in. And those fighters left the UFC specifically to fight Fedor. Couture was trying to do the same. They weren’t on skids, they weren’t cut.
Arlovski was ranked #2 in the world when Fedor beat him. Sylvia was in the top 5 as well. So yes those were both huge wins at the time. Dana had a very tough time talking smack after those fights. Really all he could say is Fedor will run out of opponents soon which didn't happen. Both fighters left the UFC for huge money and the chance to fight Fedor. I really miss those days of MMA. It was exciting and similar to the Monday night wars that happened in pro wrestling a decade before.

Arlovski was ranked #2 in the world when Fedor beat him. Sylvia was in the top 5 as well. So yes those were both huge wins at the time. Dana had a very tough time talking smack after those fights. Really all he could say is Fedor will run out of opponents soon which didn't happen. Both fighters left the UFC for huge money and the chance to fight Fedor. I really miss those days of MMA. It was exciting and similar to the Monday night wars that happened in pro wrestling a decade before.
Exactly, I totally agree. Whether it was PRIDE, Strikeforce, Afflicton or some other org, MMA is better when there’s competition. While the UFC has *most* of the top MMA talent today, newer fans don’t understand that it wasn’t always that way.

See post #22

See this post dummy.

BF didn't need TRT in Strikeforce because he was on steroids while he was there just like all the other juicers were. In case you forgot this was 2011 when people like Shane Carwin were passing tests conducted by the same athletic commissions. BF was clearly geared up when he fought Fedor and tested positive in the UFC shortly after. You're only going to these lengths to tell everyone how BF wasn't on TRT when he fought Fedor because you're a in the closet Fedor hating chump.

"BF wasn't on TRT in the Fedor fight so that means he must have been clean. Derp derp"

Screenshot_20210307-000913_Google.jpg

That arm and vein can be seen from a mile away as a product of juicing not to mention BF popped in the UFC as well. TS is a dummy.

Last edited:
Fedor would have had mixed results in the UFC in 2011 because by that point he was 6 years past his best days.

Conor's prime was in 2015. Look at him now 6 years later having mixed results and shit. Its almost as if his best days are behind him.

Smh. Fedor hating clowns are so dumb lol

Last edited:
Bigfoot didn't have a TRT exemption for any of his fights until he fought Mark Hunt in the UFC. Also Big foot had a legit condition with his acromegaly.

The first and only fight for which Bigfoot got a TRT exemption was the Hunt fight, where he then tested positive for elevated testosterone. He originally applied for a TUE for the Cain fight but didn't get it because there wasn't enough time for NSAC to evaluate his paperwork.

Below is the list of fighters that applied for a TRT exemption with the dates. Bigfoot only applied for a trt exemption in 2013 not 2011 when he fought Fedor

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...eived-therapeutic-use-exemptions-testosterone

So all we know is that Bigfoot tested positive for a steroid in 2008, and for elevated testosterone in the Hunt fight -- which is kind of funny because there's a good chance they wouldn't even have tested his actual testosterone level if it weren't for the TRT TUE, they probably just would have done the usual piss test.

"Prior to fighting Fedor Emelianenko in February 2011, Silva underwent a battery of tests ordered by the New Jersey Athletic Control Board, which wanted to ensure his condition (acromegaly) didn’t endanger him inside the cage." -- this makes me think that if he had elevated testosterone and/or PEDs in his system for the Fedor fight, those would have been found by this "battery of tests".

http://mmajunkie.com/2013/12/antoni...-post-fight-drug-test-stripped-of-50000-bonus

(10th paragraph down)

Bottom line is that Bigfoot passed the same tests Fedor did and then some. And Bigfoot was in the same condition for that fight as when Cormier and Cain walked right through him.

Bigfoot later failed tests for elevated testosterone and steroids. To think he was clean against Fedor seems like willful ignorance.

Sure he was regressing a bit but he was still 31. Look at how well guys like Arlovski and Reem did well after the age of 31 and having been KOd numerous times. Lets not act like Fedor was in his 40s. The guy also fought another 11 times.

Everyone is different. Life circumstances, ambition, etc.

I see the fight as 1 round a piece. Though to be fair I give round 2 an easy 10-8 for Silva. Fedor basically got stuck under a dude how outweighed him by probably 50+ pounds who had great top control and BJJ. Bigfoot was also just as exhausted as Fedor after the 2nd round.

We don't know how round 3 would have gone if the eye wasn't swollen shut. I'm a huge Fedor fan and my guess is probably Silva back on top and possibly finishing him via ref stoppage with Fedor stuck on the bottom again. But we've also seen Fedor land a haymaker vs AA and Rogers for example.
Except there wasn’t a round 3 cause Big Foot beat the shit out of him. It’s so stupid to say. If McGregor didn’t knock out Alvarez in the second we don’t know how it would’ve went. If Francis didn’t KO everyone we don’t know how it would’ve went. Big Foot smashed him pretty bad. Big Foot was a gate keeper at best, Fedor is someone who got by on myth but when he entered sanctioned competition we got to see how he fared.

tHu9pcv.gif

So you’re saying the victory was down to Bigfoot’s skills and not the fact that he outweighed Fedor by like 60lbs and was also juiced to the gills?
he also outweighed DC and cain by the same amount, yet they had the wrestling skills to defend and the striking skills to pummel bigfoot. if muscles were the only thing that mattered then Hongman choi, Giant Silva and Bob sapp would be the only champions.

Back