Bigfoot Silva outclasses Fedor revisited

No, this is not accurate. He definitely blitzed dudes throughout his career, but Fedor was not always some wild, brawling striker.
Fedor has a great right hand lead, but in later years led with his right almost exclusively. Watch Fedor-Nog 3 and you’ll see Fedor use his jab quite a bit to lead. Watch his Strikeforce run, and I don’t recall that he ever threw a single jab against Rogers, Werdum, Bigfoot, or Hendo. Fedor in his prime also worked hand traps very well, and used his strikes to set up grappling exchanges.
It is true that Fedor got away with some things because of his speed and timing in his younger days. As his reflexes declined, it was harder to get away with those things. Add to that the fact that his chin was never the same after the Bigfoot fight, along with injuries adding up which forced him to grapple far less, and that’s the basic recipe for post-prime Fedor. But it’s not fair to act like he was some wild man that tried to Zulu everyone the way he sloppily did to Dan Henderson.
As I mentioned there are definitely fights where Fedor had a more technical stand up than usual. But he also fought Tim Sylvia almost the same way he fought Zulu, and it worked because Tim was so uncoordinated and slow in comparison. But it could have easily turned into Bigfoot or Hendo fight with a slightly different opponent. I also think Arlovski could have won a decision relatively easily if he would have just stuck to boxing.

That fight just hit different to Fedor/Werdum. The loss to Werdum could be (and largely was) looked at as Fedor just making a split second mistake. A lot of people thought Fedor would come back with a vengeance and run right through Bigfoot, instead we got a definitive, prolonged beatdown that 100% confirmed that Fedors time was over. It was sad, but you cant take away from Bigfoots performance.

View attachment 834199
Oh snap. I was there in the 11th row on the floor. I got a picture with Renzo. I’m not posting that one because I look like a douche. Lots of Russian “business men” around me. Very tense when he lost.

You had great seats too. That place was so electric that night for Fedor. I think i paid over $600 per seat. It was so worth it.

Bigfoot didn't have a TRT exemption for any of his fights until he fought Mark Hunt in the UFC. Also Big foot had a legit condition with his acromegaly.

The first and only fight for which Bigfoot got a TRT exemption was the Hunt fight, where he then tested positive for elevated testosterone. He originally applied for a TUE for the Cain fight but didn't get it because there wasn't enough time for NSAC to evaluate his paperwork.

Below is the list of fighters that applied for a TRT exemption with the dates. Bigfoot only applied for a trt exemption in 2013 not 2011 when he fought Fedor

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...eived-therapeutic-use-exemptions-testosterone

So all we know is that Bigfoot tested positive for a steroid in 2008, and for elevated testosterone in the Hunt fight -- which is kind of funny because there's a good chance they wouldn't even have tested his actual testosterone level if it weren't for the TRT TUE, they probably just would have done the usual piss test.

"Prior to fighting Fedor Emelianenko in February 2011, Silva underwent a battery of tests ordered by the New Jersey Athletic Control Board, which wanted to ensure his condition (acromegaly) didn’t endanger him inside the cage." -- this makes me think that if he had elevated testosterone and/or PEDs in his system for the Fedor fight, those would have been found by this "battery of tests".

http://mmajunkie.com/2013/12/antoni...-post-fight-drug-test-stripped-of-50000-bonus

(10th paragraph down)

Bottom line is that Bigfoot passed the same tests Fedor did and then some. And Bigfoot was in the same condition for that fight as when Cormier and Cain walked right through him.
06bf8ddd9ecb0385503547b82b705212.gif

As I mentioned there are definitely fights where Fedor had a more technical stand up than usual. But he also fought Tim Sylvia almost the same way he fought Zulu, and it worked because Tim was so uncoordinated and slow in comparison. But it could have easily turned into Bigfoot or Hendo fight with a slightly different opponent. I also think Arlovski could have won a decision relatively easily if he would have just stuck to boxing.

You watch the fight and Arlovski actually lands very little on Fedor, even if he was becoming more of a head hunter he was still very good defencively slipping punchs and theres pretty much no way that fight was going to a decision with Fedor going after him like that. Even the finish wasnt any terrible mistake by Arlovski, it was just Fedor picked out the flying knee early, he actually landed the counter almost before Andrei even got off the ground.

Sylvia he catches him early using a hand trap, pushes Tims head down into the uppercut then follows up with several punchs on a hurt opponent, almost all of which land. I'm not seeing anything sloppy there...

jqrtqp_jpg.gif

Whilst he wasnt looking his best again the Hendo fight seems to be were the reality of what happened has been forgotten, you'd think Henderson KOed him with the typical overhand the way people talk when in reality Fedor knocked him down and then got reversed and caught in the grappling.

Do people not know TRT is steroids? And yes strike force didn't test as much as UFC. That's why less people were popped on their shows .

You have no clue what the hell you are talking about. Before USADA the UFC didn't directly test people, the athletic commissions did. Just like how they implement the referees and the judges. The same went for Bellator, IFL, Affliction, etc...

And TRT was a legal Loophole that fighters would use so they could take test, but still get a pass from the athletic commissions. Plus it was monitored by them so if their levels got too high they would still face punishment, so saying a fighter was on TRT or illegally taking steroids are two different scenarios.

Last edited:
So when Fedor beats bigger guys he gets all the credit but when he loses to bigger guys theres no fault?

Nah just when he's slow, done with a 10 year undefeated streak, careless, sloppy, and assumes all fight results are God's will. That's when there's no fault.

You had great seats too. That place was so electric that night for Fedor. I think i paid over $600 per seat. It was so worth it.
Oh yeah. It was my first/only MMA live event. Even watching guy who I had who they were had me on the edge of my seat. It really makes a difference being there. My tickets weren’t that expensive but still pretty pricey.

This was before Bigfoot started producing milk from his teets from all the roids he was shooting up

tHu9pcv.gif

So you’re saying the victory was down to Bigfoot’s skills and not the fact that he outweighed Fedor by like 60lbs and was also juiced to the gills?

Seems like everyone on TRT has amazing skills though, which deserted them when they cut the PEDs. Might be that extra strength and endurance makes your skills work 2x better.

So tired of this excuse. The fight was held in New Jersey, and because of Bigfoot's pituitary gland issues due to his acromegaly NJ only licenced him so long as he passed extra blood tests, brain scans, MRIs, urine tests, and everything under the sun "short of rabies" leading up to the fight. Meanwhile Fedor just had the standard fight night piss test that a monkey could pass.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020...never-happened-fight-saved-antonio-silva-life

It was the most tested fight of Bigfoot's life before states began implementing standardized random blood testing years later. This is the one fight before that period you can't reasonably say he might have been on something due to how closely NJ was monitoring solely him. Fedor got his ass kicked, that's it.

And even IF Bigfoot was on something, Cormier crumpled him the very next fight. Why couldn't Fedor do that?

Bigfoot was 285 Pounds, on Steroids

Look how completely shitty he looked once they took away his TRT loophole, which he was using to abuse steroids.

Still, Prime Fedor beats any version of BigFoot.

Bigfoot was KO'd by Cormier in his very next fight lol

Fedor was really only good off his back against those who weren't fully trained in defensive BJJ, he wasn't good at reversal and getting back to his feet. Bigfoot just muscled his way through and got the W. Impressive because fast strikers like Fedor were usually the key to beating Bigfoot.

Its the nature of people having put Fedor on an impossible pedestal.

Bigfoot got summarily knocked out by Cormier in his very next fight. DC isn't any bigger than Fedor and he wrestled at 184lbs as a 5th year senior in college. Werdum and Cain both smashed Bigfoot in the same two year run, the same guy on the same sauce.

Fedor was a very good fighter for his generation, but its a thin division and he didn't have the most impressive strength of schedule. Yes his record is padded but so is virtually everyone else fighting out of Japan back then.

He's likely a top 5 all time heavyweight when it comes to skill. That in of itself is very impressive and should be enough. The rest was just marketing and fandom.

I was there about three rows back.from.the cage. Sat next to rolles Gracie who was eating French fries like he was going to.the electric.chair. I met gsp, kenflo, weredum, pre bathroom hi jinx Brett rogers, Jorge Santiago, Sergei, arlovski...and yes I shook.hands and hugged Fedor on his way out of.the cage after the fight. This man is so special he shook everyone's hand and let us hug him while walking back from a beating. He had his moments in that fight. That crowd was screaming for Fedor. There were a lot.of.Russian celebrities and tons of Russian flags everywhere. It was electric.
Me too bro. I was next to you all night.

Back