Bigfoot Silva outclasses Fedor revisited

Theproof

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

I decided to re-watch this fight tonight and was able focus focusing on Bigfoots's gameplan and man....what a performance. Slipping shots, well timed counters, takedowns at the right time and knew exactly when to push the pace. You can really appreciate the fight I.Q. displayed by bigfoot in this one.

Fedor is arguably one of the best HW's of all time. To see him being thrown around the cage and being outclassed like that was strange and weird to see. This is the fight that made me start to question if Fedor would have struggled in the UFC. He doesn't seem to have a good track record against the elite inside of cages.

I decided to re-watch this fight tonight and was able focus focusing on Bigfoots's gameplan and man....what a performance. Slipping shots, well timed counters, takedowns at the right time and knew exactly when to push the pace. You can really appreciate the fight I.Q. displayed by bigfoot in this one.

Fedor is arguably one of the best HW's of all time. To see him being thrown around the cage and being outclassed like that was strange and weird to see. This is the fight that made me start to question if Fedor would have struggled in the UFC. He doesn't seem to have a good track record against the elite inside of cages.

More like out muscled.

Bigfoot won utizing his skills though.

tHu9pcv.gif

So you’re saying the victory was down to Bigfoot’s skills and not the fact that he outweighed Fedor by like 60lbs and was also juiced to the gills?

If there's one thing about Khabib and Fedor it's this,

Khabib is much better off his back and with grappling in general while Fedor was more of a lethal striker.
If there is one thing about Khabib and Fedor it's that Fedor fights guys with a 30lbs advantage roided to the gills. While Khabib fights former featherweights while being a former Welterweight himself.

If there's one thing about Khabib and Fedor it's this,

Khabib is much better off his back and with grappling in general while Fedor was more of a lethal striker.

Not true. Fedor in his prime was amazing off his back.

Difference between Khabib and Fedor is that Khabib is more wrestling-based while Fedor was more Judo-based.

Both Emelianenkos are terrible off their backs

Ismailov and Bigfoot both exposed them

Just because Fedor armbarred white belts like Choi and Coleman off his back doesn't mean he had any real technique in that department.

More like out muscled.

Whatch the first few minutes. Bigfoot outboxed Fedor, landed a good shot and got Fedor frustrated and winded.
tHu9pcv.gif

So you’re saying the victory was down to Bigfoot’s skills and not the fact that he outweighed Fedor by like 60lbs and was also juiced to the gills?

Didn't know he was juiced before posting this.

Either way. I hope you aren't one of the guys who praised Brock for beating Randy Couture back in the day.

Back