Big John Quickly Dismantles Brendan Schaub's Claim All The Best Fighters Are in The UFC

Douglas Lima would beat Marty Usman. Patricio Pitbull would beat Alex Volk

This is even stupider than people claiming that Rory was the WW in the world after he left the UFC on a two fight losing streak.

Usman is stylistic poison for Lima.

Lima would lose to Usman, Covington, Woodley and Edwards.

Schaub is right.

Lima stuffed all of Rory’s takedowns easily in the rematch in October. I wouldn’t expect a casual like you to know that tho

If Covington lands at will, best believe Lima will.

Yes, because shot Rory is the exact same calibre of wrestler as Usman.

Usman easily overpowered Woodley 30 seconds into the fight when Woodley was still fresh.

Lima would stuff Usman’s TDs and KO a fading Usman stiff

Usman ain't Woodley. He has insane cardio. We just saw him match a pace with Covington for five rounds.

This is even stupider than people claiming that Rory was the WW in the world after he left the UFC on a two fight losing streak.

Usman is stylistic poison for Lima.

Lima would lose to Usman, Covington, Woodley and Edwards.

MMA hipsters always have their darlings that aren't in the UFC. There was Hector Lombard, Gegard Mossasi, Shinya Aoki, etc... They try and act like they know something other people don't because they follow JMMA and other lesser known organizations.

Such a stupid argument.

It's obvious that a) the UFC has the overwhelming majority of top fighters (I would estimate 80-90 percent of the top 10ish guys worldwide), and b) there is overlap in performance between the best non-UFC leagues and UFC (low-tier UFC guys are probably not better than top Bellator guys, etc...).

New MMA Pundit Clash Gets Personal

hi-res-6199720_crop_north.jpg

“Brendan, you fought in the UFC,” McCarthy said. “Congratulations, that was great. You had a couple of good fights. But I can point out fights that he had against guys that beat him that lost to guys outside of the UFC.

Fedor-214-e1548179371704.png

“Back when [Schaub] was fighting, if they had brought Fedor Emelianenko over, because Brendan is a UFC fighter, he’s better than Fedor Emelianenko?” McCarthy continued. “He’s going to win? Does that make sense? You’re a UFC fighter, you’re better? It just doesn’t add up.”

Reduction ad absurdum is not effective. The vast bulk of the best fighters are in the UFC. Fodor's abstinence from joining is the exception, which actually proves the rule.

John McCarthy is extremely knowledgable, and spot on.

If you think that just because a fighter is in the ufc that they are the absolute best fighter out there, you're an idiot. Especially in this day and age when the UFC seems more concerned about physical appearance and what you can say on a microphone.
He didn't say he was wrong, he just said he was annoying, which he is.

Okay what Schaub meant to say was the overwhelming majority of the world's best MMA fighters are in the UFC.

Better?

Big John & Schaub are probably the 2 dumbest men involved in the mma media.

Shaub would've beat fedor quicker than he beat Cro Cop

Love john, don’t mind Brendan, but they aren’t arguing the same point and John should know better. Brendan is saying essentially that the UFC is the best in terms of recognized talent and John is saying there are guys outside of the ufc that can beat guys inside the ufc. Well no shit, and it’s also very possible that the best fighter in any particular weight class is outside of the ufc, but the ufc is definitely the most packed with talent and so winning a title there is the most prestigious title in the world and grants that fighter the title of best in the world even if they may not be, because they’ve done more to prove it than anyone outside of the ufc.

John McCarthy is extremely knowledgable, and spot on.

If you think that just because a fighter is in the ufc that they are the absolute best fighter out there, you're an idiot. Especially in this day and age when the UFC seems more concerned about physical appearance and what you can say on a microphone.

Why? Because hes a middle aged white man? Since that's what society hates today.

1. Big John needs to shut the fuck up tbh.
A lot of you know I am not a Silva supporter and I’ve been outspoken about him cheating and his resume not being as impressive as some claim... but it’s leagues and leagues better than MVP’s road....

2. Fedor lost to UFC fighters basically. They were Strikeforce but UFC bound. Every single legitimate loss he has is someone who either was in the UFC then Strikeforce then back to the ufc, or Strikeforce but UFC bound or left UFC to go to Bellator. So people need to stop acting like Fedor couldn’t be beaten in the UFC...

3.Im not gonna make predictions about a what if fight but Brendan KOing Fedor and CroCop would be the the greatest pain to Sherdog ever. I would literally bathe in the tears of Sherdoggers who have offed themselves.

If Fedor beat Brendan then so what?
If Brendan knocked Fedor out....
<JonesLaugh>

It would’ve been thee best.

Last edited:
It's pretty much the truth, they have the biggest roster and do scouting with their DWCS, etc. They are the #1 organization, why wouldn't they have the best fighters? When a fighter leaves the UFC for Bellator, it's not a good sign.. they have their own talent pool but the UFC is the highest. Look what happens when fighters lose, they end up in Bellator or BKFC.

UFC has put on some bad fights, but Bellator put on Ken Shamrock vs. Kimbo Slice, Ken Shamrock vs. Royce Gracie, Kimbo vs. DaDa 5000, instead of investing in other organizations and bringing in fighters from them, like the UFC has done with LFA, etc. I don't want to agree with Schaub, but the dude is right. These guys are leaving the UFC not on winning streaks, and then losing in Bellator. That's a bad look.

Big John should stick to reffing fights, ever since the guy has gotten a mic I can't fucking stand him.

It's pretty much the truth, they have the biggest roster and do scouting with their DWCS, etc. They are the #1 organization, why wouldn't they have the best fighters? When a fighter leaves the UFC for Bellator, it's not a good sign.. they have their own talent pool but the UFC is the highest. Look what happens when fighters lose, they end up in Bellator or BKFC.

UFC has put on some bad fights, but Bellator put on Ken Shamrock vs. Kimbo Slice, Ken Shamrock vs. Royce Gracie, Kimbo vs. DaDa 5000, instead of investing in other organizations and bringing in fighters from them, like the UFC has done with LFA, etc. I don't want to agree with Schaub, but the dude is right. These guys are leaving the UFC not on winning streaks, and then losing in Bellator. That's a bad look.

Big John should stick to reffing fights, ever since the guy has gotten a mic I can't fucking stand him.
Bader is a good example to solidify the point of UFC >Bellator.
Was on a 5 fight win streak, lost to Rumble Johnson, won two, went to Bellator to become a double champ, including murking Fedor.

Back