Big John Quickly Dismantles Brendan Schaub's Claim All The Best Fighters Are in The UFC

Can't wait for Schaub, Rogan and Chael to discuss the Jon McCarthy comments on their own podcasts.

Schaub was right and Big John is purposely misconstruing him and arguing against a straw man. I like both guys.

Exactly, Big John’s argument is pretty ridiculous. Of course there are numerous fighters out there not in the UFC that are great. Everyone knows that.

He’s acting like Schaub is saying all UFC fighters are better than anyone outside the UFC. Schaub’s point is that the UFC has the has more elite talent and a deeper roster than Bellator, One FC, and so on. This happens to be a fact.

Unbiased opinion from someone with no financial stake in those other orgs ...
And plus Fedor's not even really good anymore - and he only came up with one example!

Results are inconclusive.

Harsh, that’s all Schaub has to say to make his MMA career feel worthwhile because he knows he was never top 5 in any organization around the world.

So I was in the UFC, the UFC is the only place for the best. Yawn

I don't think anyone thinks the worst fighter in the UFC is better than the best fighter outside the UFC anyway. Not sure where Big John is going with this.

Are there good fighters outside the UFC? Absolutely.

Do you need to come over to the UFC to prove you're the best in the world? Absolutely.

It wasnt a tv, it was a $5500 4k projector kid, but yeah, completely different and not even comparable to the discussion we're having, you fucking dork.
Spending $5500 on a 4k projector is a pretty big dork move. Just saying.

Spending $5500 on a 4k projector is a pretty big dork move. Just saying.

When $5500 isnt that much to you because you have the money, because you have a great job, its really not a big deal. Just sayin. Get better at life bud.

Unbiased opinion from someone with no financial stake in those other orgs ...
He does make a point on the Fedor thing at least, there's a reason HWs at the time where either leaving or trying to leave the UFC for a chance to fight and prove themselves against the man they regarded as the best in the world.

Fedor never fought in the UFC and is still one of the most well known fighters in history which is actually an accomplishments in it's self.

John McCarthy is extremely knowledgable, and spot on.

If you think that just because a fighter is in the ufc that they are the absolute best fighter out there, you're an idiot. Especially in this day and age when the UFC seems more concerned about physical appearance and what you can say on a microphone.
Big John is knowledgeable and still quite annoying.

He does make a point on the Fedor thing at least, there's a reason HWs at the time where either leaving or trying to leave the UFC for a chance to fight and prove themselves against the man they regarded as the best in the world.

Fedor never fought in the UFC and is still one of the most well known fighters in history which is actually an accomplishments in it's self.
True, but let's acknowledge that the only reason Fedor didn't fight in the UFC was because his mob bosses, er, I mean management, tried to strong arm the UFC out of an arm and a leg. Dana would have been insane to accept their terms.

Every time they bring over fighters from "lesser" orgs they tend to clean house. We all saw what C-level Strikeforce fighters accomplished in the UFC. Only thing UFC has that is the best is their marketing team

If they ever were to fight, Schaub would absolutely pummel Fedor. There's a reason why everyone calls Schaub "El Grande legend killer"

Maybe Bellator would be more respected if their match making wasn't so fucking awful
MVP isn't the only fighter that gets fed cans in that company
Not only that, they make all their money of past-prime half dead UFC and Pride reject contenders

Bellator just ain't shit overall compared to the UFC

Great point.... but it is funny how you avoid touching what he said and rather attack who he is....

...maybe that's because you are an UFC Schill? Or you would (at least) talk about the argument, not his job.
Huh? I didn't attack who BJM is. I only met him once in the old days, briefly, and he seemed like a decent guy. But he's calling out Brendan for pushing the UFC because he has a personal and financial interest, and BJM is doing so by pushing other orgs in which he has a personal and financial interest. Now, if Brendan addressed his original comments to John, then I'm wrong and John absolutely had the right to fire back. Otherwise, John is just creating an opportunity to push his investment.

As for the shill comment, the only person connected to the UFC to ever pay me was Rich, but that came from him (or maybe it was American Fighter, I honestly don't remember how the money flowed). But UFC had nothing to do with it.

Tbf, 2010-2014 Schaub would have had a decent to good chance (20-40%) to KO Strikeforce Fedor.

True, but let's acknowledge that the only reason Fedor didn't fight in the UFC was because his mob bosses, er, I mean management, tried to strong arm the UFC out of an arm and a leg. Dana would have been insane to accept their terms.
True but that works both ways since Dana tried to do the same to him.

Fedor didn't need the money, he was already rich so he would have been insane to sign away his likeness rights and get handcuffed by a contract that automatically renewed as long as he kept winning.

Plus at the time the majority of the top HWs weren't in the UFC anyway which is one of the main reasons Zuffa bought out Strikeforce.

Huh? I didn't attack who BJM is. I only met him once in the old days, briefly, and he seemed like a decent guy. But he's calling out Brendan for pushing the UFC because he has a personal and financial interest, and BJM is doing so by pushing other orgs in which he has a personal and financial interest. Now, if Brendan addressed his original comments to John, then I'm wrong and John absolutely had the right to fire back. Otherwise, John is just creating an opportunity to push his investment.

As for the shill comment, the only person connected to the UFC to ever pay me was Rich, but that came from him (or maybe it was American Fighter, I honestly don't remember how the money flowed). But UFC had nothing to do with it.
Sorry, but you are just wrong and assigning bias where none exists. he is using logic.

BJM is answering about all organizations. He is not talking about his organization.
If he did specifically spoke about his organization, then you'd have a point. But you are trying to make a claim that is pure and simply not there.

If anyone was biased, it was Schaub.
...Or you, for attacking BJM trying to give a meaning he certainly did not add to his response.

When $5500 isnt that much to you because you have the money, because you have a great job, its really not a big deal. Just sayin. Get better at life bud.
I have a great life. $5500 isn't a lot to me I have a very good job. I made $107k this year and my bonus was $34k alone. I work at Lincoln electric. Bragging about money like you just did is also a loser dork move. You sound like you either were bullied or have no friends or probably both. I think you need a better life if bragging to people on the internet about how good you have it is what makes you happy. Also my son turned 1 today spending g money on him makes me 100x happier than a ridiculous $5500 tv would.

I dont have a problem with you u was just playing devil's advocate.

I have a great life. $5500 isn't a lot to me I have a very good job. I made $107k this year and my bonus was $34k alone. I work at Lincoln electric. Bragging about money like you just did is also a loser dork move. You sound like you either were bullied or have no friends or probably both. I think you need a better life if bragging to people on the internet about how good you have it is what makes you happy. Also my son turned 1 today spending g money on him makes me 100x happier than a ridiculous $5500 tv would.

Hahahahahahaha.

You mad.

You only make 107?

Back