Economy Biden wants to limit overdraft fees

AWilder

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
This is a pretty big deal. I had a roommate that got hammered with overdraft fees every month. I was wondering why her bank was sending so many letters until i saw one opened in the trash. she must have paid $300 a month in fees, easily. I can't even remember the last time I had an overdraft, well over 20 years, but i remember it being around $30 for a few cents over my balance. I hope this helps people out.

• The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau unveiled a highly anticipated rule proposal targeting big banks' overdraft fee practices.
  • Since 2000, American consumers have paid an estimated $280 billion in bank overdraft fees, according to CFPB data.
  • "Banks call it a service—I call it exploitation," said President Joe Biden.

1*jvkWOEK_xmEl1tThJ48e-A.png

I'm actually more on board with this than anything. Make it idiot proof.
Been a long time since I had an overdraft, I don’t know if you can opt out or what.
But, it seems like it is designed to bilk money from the irresponsible (which I reckon tend to be the people who can least afford it). I’d be ok with a 3 strikes and then charge maybe, or an overdraft limit.

Serious question.

If Biden is doing such a great job and the country is as wonderful as everyone on the Left is claiming, then why are you even worried about Trump?

If you got a legitimate 81 million votes before in 2020, then it should be no problem for him to get 90 million this time.

Right?

Been a long time since I had an overdraft, I don’t know if you can opt out or what.
But, it seems like it is designed to bilk money from the irresponsible (which I reckon tend to be the people who can least afford it). I’d be ok with a 3 strikes and then charge maybe, or an overdraft limit.

Agreed. Reminds me of this old Louis CK bit.

Back