Better striker, Conor or Dustin?

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score
I see a lot of Sherbros claiming Conor is clearly the superior striker but I'm not so sure.

He very well could be but there's definitely a conversation to be had...

Conor is the better kicker without a doubt. I'd also say he uses his reach better for sure.

Once we look at the boxing, it gets interesting. Conor can counter clean and put your lights out with his cross but Dustin goes to the body, puts combos together better and can finish you with a counter himself....

Remember how he timed Gaethje's inside kick to land his own left bomb?
45f77d046cb0d5bcc9734e2c01821139.gif

That was the finish basically. Beautiful stuff.

Also, Dustin's activity over the past couple years has got to count for something. He hasn't fought too often but much more often than Conor and he's proven that he can win a gruesome, long, damaging fight.

All in all, super geeked for this scrap and I gotta go with Poirier here. I think he overwhelms Conor with some combos in the 3rd and gets him out of there.
(Barring MIND FUCKED from first fight)

Discuss

Last edited:
Remember when you also said if Khabib stands with Gaethje for even a minute he was getting knocked out and had no chance on the feet?

<seedat>
I'm not sure I said he can't even stand for a minute.
Please share link.
But either way, if I did, oh well.
It isn't the first or last time I've gotten a pick completely wrong.
That's why MMA is so exciting.

Dustin and Justin are no champ material and Conor beats both of them easily.

he would definitely struggle with Tony as I doubt he could know him out clean and on the other hand would most probably not stay focused as Gaetje, moreover, I think Tony might have learned that he has to switch his tactics if standup does not work and could maul Conor on the ground.

Dustin has great boxing and it's definitely improved over the last few years. I still think Conor is the better overall striker, but it's not a huge discrepancy.

Will be interesting to see what happens if the fight gets to the ground though. Dustin likely has the better ground game. But he prefers to brawl on the feet so that is likely where the fight will take place.

Conor is overall the better striker. If you were simply talking orthodox boxing it would be Dustin, but if you were to ask who is the better boxer it would then be Conor IMO his unorthodox boxing style is better than Dustin’s orthodox style.

The question you asked is who is the better striker though and it’s clearly Conor despite Dustin’s improvement over the years he’s still behind significantly.

Conor, at least in terms of timing and power.

That being said, Conor's cardio has been a liability more than once and with a perfect gameplan i can see Dustin beat Conor, especially if the fight goes longer.

Dustin and Justin are no champ material and Conor beats both of them easily.

he would definitely struggle with Tony as I doubt he could know him out clean and on the other hand would most probably not stay focused as Gaetje, moreover, I think Tony might have learned that he has to switch his tactics if standup does not work and could maul Conor on the ground.
But I highly doubt Tony can take Conor down... Conor would destroy Tony with the standup...worse than Gaethje did.

You're kinda stupid for asking this, Conor is Top 3 MMA strikers ever, and has literally already KOd Dustin, along with the fact that Conor just clearly has better striking in every single department of striking

Back