Better striker, Conor or Dustin?

dustin has improved a lot in his boxing but what sets Mcg apart it's his distance and range. Alvarez didn't do shit at all because of the huge reach disadvantage AND the fact Mcg kept him at bay. i think in the 1st round both guys were at Mcg arm reach and he did 2 lazy jabs, Eddie lean a bit forward and he got hit by the left straight; also when Eddie tried to bum rush he got countered.

The key here is for dustin to beat Mcg is by not standing still to give Mcg a read on distance, move a lot and feint to keep mcg guessing. Khabib did this on the 3rd round and despite losing it he didn't got hurt by Mcg; while Mcg didn't do enough and did a lazy superman punch to close distance but got countered.

Also making Mcg gas by doing clinching, wrestling and anything to make him tired.

Conor is still on a higher level and would make quick work of him if the rematch happens.

Conor Lights him up again. He’s too accurate, too powerful.

You're kinda stupid for asking this, Conor is Top 3 MMA strikers ever, and has literally already KOd Dustin, along with the fact that Conor just clearly has better striking in every single department of striking
He also has a psychological advantage. Dustin got knocked out by this guy badly already. Landed next to nothing and was put to sleep. You don’t forget that.

Dustin and Justin are no champ material and Conor beats both of them easily.

he would definitely struggle with Tony as I doubt he could know him out clean and on the other hand would most probably not stay focused as Gaetje, moreover, I think Tony might have learned that he has to switch his tactics if standup does not work and could maul Conor on the ground.
how tony take anyone down ? imani roll lmao ?

Conor no question, Porrier is a good inside fighter with solid technical combos but he is regularly countered, his defence is not that great. Conor is a lot more creative, much better footwork, much better at range and has a few extra tools. Conor struggles with maintaining pressure though, when the going gets tough he gets lazy, slows down and eats a lot of shots. This fight will be a matter if Porriers chin can hold up for a few rounds because he will be taking some punches early on.

Also, Dustin's activity over the past couple years has got to count for something. He hasn't fought too often but much more often than Conor

Why go with "over the years"? Dustin's activity in 2017 or whatever other year is rather irrelevant as he's not near there either, no more than Conor. They've both fought 1x this year.

I'd also point out that Conor fought and headlined a pre-COVID full on PPV, meanwhile Poirier headlined an empty arena COVID Fight Night. Given the pressure of a Conor PPV that Dustin hasn't experienced, coming off headlining against Hooker doesn't really mean much activity wise. I'd say Conor has the more relevant experience here.

and he's proven that he can win a gruesome, long, damaging fight.

As opposed to Conor who won the Diaz rematch, which involved more strikes by a significant margin than any fight Poirier's been in right?

Poirier also has never come back from a 10-8 round, meanwhile Conor did against Khabib.

Conor no question, Porrier is a good inside fighter with solid technical combos but he is regularly countered, his defence is not that great. Conor is a lot more creative, much better footwork, much better at range and has a few extra tools. Conor struggles with maintaining pressure though, when the going gets tough he gets lazy, slows down and eats a lot of shots. This fight will be a matter if Porriers chin can hold up for a few rounds because he will be taking some punches early on.
Nobody can implement that pressure outside of a Diaz bro on the feet.

Theres nobody else who can walk through shots like that so good luck implementing forward pressure on the feet.

Diaz is such a horrible frame of reference.

Why go with "over the years"? Dustin's activity in 2017 or whatever other year is rather irrelevant as he's not near there either, no more than Conor. They've both fought 1x this year.

I'd also point out that Conor fought and headlined a pre-COVID full on PPV, meanwhile Poirier headlined an empty arena COVID Fight Night. Given the pressure of a Conor PPV that Dustin hasn't experienced, coming off headlining against Hooker doesn't really mean much activity wise. I'd say Conor has the more relevant experience here.

As opposed to Conor who won the Diaz rematch, which involved more strikes by a significant margin than any fight Poirier's been in right?

Poirier also has never come back from a 10-8 round, meanwhile Conor did against Khabib.

Conor has how fought and won how many long fights? Nate and......I'll wait.

Meanwhile, Dustin had gruesome scraps with Eddie, Justin, Max and Hooker. And he won them all.

Nobody can implement that pressure outside of a Diaz bro on the feet.

Theres nobody else who can walk through shots like that so good luck implementing forward pressure on the feet.

Diaz is such a horrible frame of reference.

Same thing happened in the Floyd fight, same thing happened in the Khabib fight and from memory, even the Mendes fight. He gets tired and his defence becomes open, leaving lesser strikers with the opportunity to capitalize.

Same thing happened in the Floyd fight, same thing happened in the Khabib fight and from memory, even the Mendes fight. He gets tired and his defence becomes open, leaving lesser strikers with the opportunity to capitalize.
Dont think you have a clue what you're talking about bud.

Dont think you have a clue what you're talking about bud.
I don't think you even understand what I'm saying so let me dumb it down for you. Conor is not known for his cardio, if he faces resistance he shows sign of struggle. It's well documented.

Porier throws better combos, better jab and switches up footwork

Conor easily punches harder

Conor and it's not even close.
Dustin has heavy hands, throws combinations and is gutsy, but his balance is not very good and his striking IQ leaves a lot to be desired.

Conor. Lmao cmon guy.

Back