Better chance against Jones? Mousasi or Gus?

I agree with you there but I read it as greener in terms of a younger less experienced fighter. Gus has his areas of the game that are better than Mousasi, undeniably true. He has better wrestling and a better long range striking game just to name a couple.
To an extent yes, but not so much as it should be decisive against Jones. Mousasi is a very difficult opponent no doubt. I like them both.

I agree with you there but I read it as greener in terms of a younger less experienced fighter. Gus has his areas of the game that are better than Mousasi, undeniably true. He has better wrestling and a better long range striking game just to name a couple.

Personally with gustaffson i see an overhyped green fighter (with al due respect). His last fight with Rua was sloppy.

He lets himself be counter punched all the time, lets Rua control the clinch and almost get subbed.

Gegard is no out of prime shogun, he wont need so many chances.

Judo trip and Kimura before the round is over (if he doesnt choose to gnp him into a quick tko).

I like Mousasi a lot and agree his experience is a huge factor. My biggest complaint of Mousasi is the Jardine fight. Every fighter has bad or average moments, but he should have been able to finish Jardine, just as Rockhold was able to. Mousasi's submission of Mark Hunt might be most impressive victory but not sure. Either way, we will know in April who Jones or Sonnen's next opponent will be.

I like Mousasi a lot and agree his experience is a huge factor. My biggest complaint of Mousasi is the Jardine fight. Every fighter has bad or average moments, but he should have been able to finish Jardine, just as Rockhold was able to. Mousasi's submission of Mark Hunt might be most impressive victory but not sure. Either way, we will know in April who Jones or Sonnen's next opponent will be.

Not to pull the excuse card but Gegard said he had a rough flue days prior to the fight which made him gass quicker.

True or not he did put an insane beating on Jardine from ANY position. With each takedown Jardine was ''controlling' him while eating 10 thick punches to the skull and not landing anything himself.

Total robbery.

Personally with gustaffson i see an overhyped green fighter (with al due respect). His last fight with Rua was sloppy.

He lets himself be counter punched all the time, lets Rua control the clinch and almost get subbed.

Gegard is no out of prime shogun, he wont need so many chances.

Judo trip and Kimura before the round is over (if he doesnt choose to gnp him into a quick tko).
Funny you should say that, because he admitted it was sloppy himself. He pretty much fought his idol,yet won with ease. Mousasi is a tougher test, and Judging from interviews with Gustavsson, he seems to alude to this himself.

Mousasi for sure. Probably via submission. Gus is a poor man's JJ. He has nothing on the current champion.

After seeing King Mo hold him down for 3 rounds, easily, I doubt Mousassi would be able to sub Jon. Mousassi did damage from the bottom, but King Mo was not very active from the top, he threw punches but didn't really do much. Jon has the most damaging top game in MMA, and regardless of what Vitor did in grabbing an arm temporarily, he's not subbing Jon.

Based purely on Gegard's lack of TDD, I'd say Alexander. He's big and moves well. He also has some good TDD if I remember correctly.

Subbing Hunt isn't really something to write home about, he's never had a great ground game, it's improved by leaps and bounds lately though.....had he KO'd Hunt, like Manhoef, that'd be something

Funny you should say that, because he admitted it was sloppy himself. He pretty much fought his idol,yet won with ease. Mousasi is a much tougher test, and Judging from interviews with Gustavsson, he seems to alude to this himself.

Im happy for Alex that he's so honoust to himself and prepares himself for the biggest test hell ever face.

Getting tagged numerous times isnt a good thing when you want to fight for the title against jones:)

If u want to beat a very talented and gifted fighter like JBJ, u need to match him up against someone who is also talented and gifted, so it must be Mousasi, Gus is like a warm up for JBJ

Jones is rightly a favorite against either of them. I think Gus has the better chance.

But if there is a dark horse to beat Jones I think it's Mousasi - assuming he freakin' trains hard. He has some skills and is clever so he may be able to find a way to pull off a big upset.

Im happy for Alex that he's so honoust to himself and prepares himself for the biggest test hell ever face.

Getting tagged numerous times isnt a good thing when you want to fight for the title against jones:)
Mousasi better come prepared, or his stint in the UFC might get of to a very bad start, watching in the stands Gus take the tilte. :D

Jones beats both but I think Gus's size will help a lot. Gus is an inch taller and has about 78 inches of reach.

Will be interesting to see if Jones alters his tactics.

EDIT: Wiki says that Gus only has a 76.5 inch reach...seems kind of weird for someone who is 6 foot 5? Guess Jones won't need to alter his tactics after all!

First off, there has been a lot of photos surfing around that suggests AG isn't 6ft5in, but actually a bit shorter.

Secondly, AG has very narrow shoulders.

As for who has a better chance against Jones, neither.

Guys guys! Are we really looking past chael?

/sa..

Just to please you guys;

Mousasi vs Kyotaro (making some extra pocket $ in japan on new years eve) clubbing it out with a top kickboxer who has wins over Le Banner, Aerts, Saki and Manhoef.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2GEoDE9E-Y

Gegards hands and headmovement are something else.

**notice round 2

the guy that has been training TDD and wrestling - i'm hoping it is mousasi - but both fighters are probably long shots to win. it will be interesting to see the approach and game plan jones takes.

First off, there has been a lot of photos surfing around that suggests AG isn't 6ft5in, but actually a bit shorter.

Secondly, AG has very narrow shoulders.

As for who has a better chance against Jones, neither.

So you are saying that they have statistically the exact same chance to beat him, that seems extremely unlikely. Neither will be favorites but to say they have the exact same chance is silly.

If they fight against Jones at the same time I give them a 5% chance.

wow Jones must be some super hero now damn, lolz jones wont even survive a tag team from Jose Aldo and Benson Henderson let alone 2 LHW at the same time

Gus more likely, but I dont see anyone beating JJ. Whoever beats him will be the guy that is built to have the most luck with an big punch from inside.

Back