Better chance against Jones? Mousasi or Gus?

Jones will win against both, but Gus has the best chance IMO. He's got size, heart and skills. He's improved since losing to Davis and he trains with Davis now on a daily base....so he knows what it is to fight a wrestler with a similar physique.

Still......Jones would win a decision.

Gegard should be favorite against Gus
To you and all guys that think that, I really hope you are betting a fairly big amount on him. The odds are saying something completely different.

Gus for sure if you ask me, sick chin and a size that can match jon jones for once. Mousasi would just get taken down and hellbowed into oblivion, gus got TDD at least.

Not that easy.

Jones have only (b)eaten shorter, slower, weaker opponents. Reach and size is most of his game.

Rampage are Rashad are both stronger than Jon. Vitor and Lyoto, and maybe Rashad and Shogun are faster than Jones. Jon is still taller and longer than Gus or Gegard.

Both Gus and Mousasi will get taken down, elbowed into a bloody mess, and submitted.

Lyoto actually has a better chance against Jones, if they give him the rematch.
I think Hendo would have a better chance than Gus or Mousasi as well, if he ever gets the fight.

Rampage are Rashad are both stronger than Jon. Vitor and Lyoto, and maybe Rashad and Shogun are faster than Jones. Jon is still taller and longer than Gus or Gegard.
No they are not. If the where, both would grapple with him, not strike. Tallness and lenght gives you a major strenght advantage in leverage. Gus is both strong, tall and fast. Equally as fast as anybody Jones have faced.

Gus has a better chance because he can use his size/pace to tire Jones and beat him late in the fight--the only weakness jones has showed is a less than stellar gastank.

No they are not. If the where, both would grapple with him, not strike. Tallness and lenght gives you a major strenght advantage in leverage. Gus is both strong, tall and fast. Equally as fast as anybody Jones have faced.

They don't want to go on the ground b/c Jon's BJJ is better than theirs, and they both over-rate their own striking. Also, while being tall helps for Greco, most of the best freestyle wrestlers are short and stocky.

Gus no question

Gus has the better chance, he is bigger, has better range, has better footwork and has great TDD.

Gus seems like a bigger version of Machida but with a kick boxing style instead of karate.

They don't want to go on the ground b/c Jon's BJJ is better than theirs, and they both over-rate their own striking. Also, while being tall helps for Greco, most of the best freestyle wrestlers are short and stocky.
My point was the second part of my comment.

Obviously jones is the stronger guy than both of them, just because of his size/strenght. Brute strenght alone has nothing to do in mma anyway, so please leave that to the side.

Gus has the better chance, he is bigger, has better range, has better footwork and has great TDD.

Gus seems like a bigger version of Machida but with a kick boxing style instead of karate.
+ Underrated strenght and a granite chin.

You did see what happened when mousasi fought king mo right? What Jones will do to him will be 10 times worse.

Jones finishes either guy on the ground, but Gus is the better fighter between him and Mousasi. His TDD defense is better, Mousasi is too small, and Gus foot work and movement will allow him to more or less pick Mousasi apart on his way to a UD.

Mousasi is sort of a poor mans Gustafson

Lol at Mousasi winning by submission ONE guy in Jones fight history has managed to come close to a sub, A guy who is a BJJ black belt and ADCC competitor for years now, and people somehow think this is the key.

Hhahah i feel replacement shame reading this.

A poor mans version of Mousasi with a 16 fight record and Rua and Silva as only top beats.

Gegard has a 38 record with wins over Kyle, Babalu, Jacare, manhoef, hunt (hw title contender haha), cyborg, lombard etc.

Gustafson is green compared to Mousasi in every aspect of the game.

A poor mans version of Mousasi with a 16 fight record and Rua and Silva as only top beats.

Gegard has a 38 record with wins over Kyle, Babalu, Jacare, manhoef, hunt (hw title contender haha), cyborg, lombard etc.

Agree with you 100%
I'm not saying that Mousasi will win, but you can be sure his boxing is going to be a lot better than Jones, and he can hold his own off his back. He can pose a lot of problems for Jones, I still see Jones being a favourite but Gegard could pull it off. I think they both are scary guys for Jones though, to be fair to Gus.

Although Mousasi is a top lhw fighter, and one of my favs. He is absolutely not greater in every aspect than Gus. Thats just ignorant bordering on nuthugging.

Gustaffson via takedown defense. I'd still favor Jones but at least Alex would have a chance.

Although Mousasi is a top lhw fighter, and one of my favs. He is absolutely not greater in every aspect than Gus. Thats just ignorant bordering on nuthugging.

I agree with you there but I read it as greener in terms of a younger less experienced fighter. Gus has his areas of the game that are better than Mousasi, undeniably true. He has better wrestling and a better long range striking game just to name a couple.

Back