Better chance against Jones? Mousasi or Gus?

I like Gegard, but he lost to King Mo. I think thats more than enough said on his chances of beating Bones. Gus is a much better fight and its not even close

I believe that Gegard overall, is the more skilled fighter. However, I think Gustafsson's size and skillset would provide a more competitive fight for Jones.

Gus, cause hes taller might play a role, better stand up. Gegard has non existent TDD and once Jones has you on the ground you're done.

His tdd does seem to have improved a lot more now that hes decided to 'play the game a bit more' (think he said something about it after that disgraceful 'draw')
Its always struck me from watching him that its as much will as ability thats the problem
and as for the ground bit.........king mos giant swollen face would disagree there hes very good at tieing people up in guard and mauling them from there(which I fell may be part of the reason he hasnt cared that much about tdd for so long)

I think both of them get beat by Jones. King Mo was able to take down Mousasi with ease and Phil Davis did the same to Gus. I think Jones could get them both down and they would be in trouble (and I'm a fan of both Gus and Mousasi).

His tdd does seem to have improved a lot more now that hes decided to 'play the game a bit more' (think he said something about it after that disgraceful 'draw')
Its always struck me from watching him that its as much will as ability thats the problem
and as for the ground bit.........king mos giant swollen face would disagree there hes very good at tieing people up in guard and mauling them from there(which I fell may be part of the reason he hasnt cared that much about tdd for so long)

Being full mounted by OSP does not sound like a good sign for any fight against a UFC top 10 wrestler.

Capture-300x226.jpg

Being full mounted by OSP does not sound like a good sign for any fight against a UFC top 10 wrestler.

Capture-300x226.jpg

I recall that came from scramble from a gegard escape from the bottom and was very nicely done by OSP...but gegard was out of it in no time.
I agree His tdd still could use work but like I said hes a handful when taken down anyway

Only one will now face Jones, at least in the near future. Ironically, while Gus might do better against Jones, I think Mousasi beats Gus.

Look, Jones is the champ. Its only right to assume he will win impressively. But I think Gus will crack him like no one else has. Thats just me.

Only one will now face Jones, at least in the near future. Ironically, while Gus might do better against Jones, I think Mousasi beats Gus.
He subs Gus and gases against Jones. Which Gus will never do. neither get KO'd.

You did see what happened when mousasi fought king mo right? What Jones will do to him will be 10 times worse.

Jones finishes either guy on the ground, but Gus is the better fighter between him and Mousasi. His TDD defense is better, Mousasi is too small, and Gus foot work and movement will allow him to more or less pick Mousasi apart on his way to a UD.

Mousasi is sort of a poor mans Gustafson.

Lol at Mousasi winning by submission ONE guy in Jones fight history has managed to come close to a sub, A guy who is a BJJ black belt and ADCC competitor for years now, and people somehow think this is the key.

Ow the Guy who got subbed by Reem?

They both get taken down and beat up. Maybe Gegard has a better chance with a submission but it's a pretty small chance IMO.

At the moment, no one weighing 205 on Friday is ready for Jones on Saturday.

They both get taken down and beat up. Maybe Gegard has a better chance with a submission but it's a pretty small chance IMO.

At the moment, no one weighing 205 on Friday is ready for Jones on Saturday.
Not Gus, that easily. Jones have never faced a tall strong agile fighter like Gus.

The answer is whoever dominates the other. Honestly, if these guys have trouble with each other, Jones will eat them.

The answer is whoever dominates the other. Honestly, if these guys have trouble with each other, Jones will eat them.
Not that easy.

Jones have only (b)eaten shorter, slower, weaker opponents. Reach and size is most of his game.

Back