Better chance against Jones? Mousasi or Gus?

iLesnar

Every dog has his day in MMA
@red
Reaction score
Styles makes fight, and honestly I just want the toughest fights for Jones, just to keep this division interesting.

Gerard should be favorite against Gus, but I think Gus has a better chance against Jones. Jones will take down Gerard and beat him up for a couple of rounds, while Gus has great feet movement, beast chin, big KO power and has the ability to leap in and out quickly to surprise Jones.

What say you?

I like both fighters, and I honestly want the guy that can give Jones a tougher fight to win.

Jones beats both but I think Gus's size will help a lot. Gus is an inch taller and has about 78 inches of reach.

Will be interesting to see if Jones alters his tactics.

EDIT: Wiki says that Gus only has a 76.5 inch reach...seems kind of weird for someone who is 6 foot 5? Guess Jones won't need to alter his tactics after all!

Jones isn't going to be having much trouble with any current LHW.

But to answer your question, probably Gus.

Gustafsson, at least he has some TDD. Jones dismantles both though.

gus's foot movement and size and chin and overall workrate are whats gonna beat gegard anyways...

if jones doesn't wanna strike with gegard he doesn't have to! gegard is a technically proficiant striker but he is not mobile his ttd will never be good enough for jones

gus's tdd is underrated and improved and he's rangy he has cardio and does accumilative damage whereas gegard will fade...

Mousasi is not even top 5 out of lhw's in UFC.

If they fight against Jones at the same time I give them a 5% chance.

I do not give either fighter too much of a chance but Alexander is a much more intriguing fight with his size and height.

Mousasi for sure. Probably via submission. Gus is a poor man's JJ. He has nothing on the current champion.

Gustaffson is a physically different match up that Jones hasn't seen yet, and has shown that he can handle wrestlers better than Mousasi can.

stylistically, Mousasi could do well but is at a significant size disadvantage

Both would get torched by Jones

Cormier is the only one who can give Jones a challenge at 205
(Ok maybe Machida if he is on a perfect day)

Gus, cause hes taller might play a role, better stand up. Gegard has non existent TDD and once Jones has you on the ground you're done.

I think both guys would get manhandled on the ground with Jones on top of them

Gus has a better chance and should be favored against Mousasi.

Gustafsson has the better chance against Jones.

Gus he is just taller. Mousasi would get taken down and lose a decision so will probably Gus but the height is at least something Jones hasn't really dealed with yet

Mousasi for sure. Probably via submission. Gus is a poor man's JJ. He has nothing on the current champion.

You did see what happened when mousasi fought king mo right? What Jones will do to him will be 10 times worse.

Jones finishes either guy on the ground, but Gus is the better fighter between him and Mousasi. His TDD defense is better, Mousasi is too small, and Gus foot work and movement will allow him to more or less pick Mousasi apart on his way to a UD.

Mousasi is sort of a poor mans Gustafson.

Lol at Mousasi winning by submission ONE guy in Jones fight history has managed to come close to a sub, A guy who is a BJJ black belt and ADCC competitor for years now, and people somehow think this is the key.

Back