Better chance against Jones? Mousasi or Gus?

the guy that has been training TDD and wrestling - i'm hoping it is mousasi - but both fighters are probably long shots to win. it will be interesting to see the approach and game plan jones takes.

Mousasi's TDD looks to be improving but Gus has always had great TDD and he looks to move better and seems to fight better on the outside, these are some of the reasons I think he would have a better chance.

I think the fighter with the best movement at 205 is either Jones, Machida or Gus.

wow Jones must be some super hero now damn, lolz jones wont even survive a tag team from Jose Aldo and Benson Henderson let alone 2 LHW at the same time

I will take that bet,

I think one elbow from jones would take out Aldos teeth and he can then start his run at Benson after prying him off his back.

Last edited:
If Jones had KO power, I'd give him a good shot. As it is, though, he tries a choke or a takedown, and the other one's punting his damn skull.

Listen I would love to play along with this fantasy that is jones vs Henderson and Aldo but its silly.

An elbow from jones on any of those two miniature men would put them out for weeks, neither are stronger then jones nor are they strong enough to stop jones slamming either on the ground with one hand. Jones also has reach for days, can wrestle like jesus of Nazareth and is a big LHW fighter.

Jones has staggered rampage with kicks, dropped machida with shots and is big and strong and knows how to throw large men across the ring with his wrestling.

Jones is just too big for those small men, a fantasy of benson and Aldo trying to cut down jones is comedy.

If he can break Veras eye socket, he can break those kids in half.

I love the fantasy play but jones is just too big for those kids and he is strong enough to manhandle both with very little energy.

Last edited:
Jones beats both but I think Gus's size will help a lot. Gus is an inch taller and has about 78 inches of reach.

Will be interesting to see if Jones alters his tactics.

EDIT: Wiki says that Gus only has a 76.5 inch reach...seems kind of weird for someone who is 6 foot 5? Guess Jones won't need to alter his tactics after all!

Gus has like T-rex arms. Its kind of freakish looking.

Mousasi rarely takes any damage or is threatened, but Jones is another beast entirely. I think his TDD would allow Jones to hit the mat on top, and Mousasi will be stuck and eating elbows. That being said, Mousasi has a better chance of a KO than Gus IMO. Both have only a slim chance here, but Mousasi has shown more in a variety of situations, and has immense calm under fire, so I'll go Mousasi - he happens to be a favourite of mine also.

Gustafsson. I think Gus has good movement and his height helps. Gus still gives up a lot of reach and Jones is a solid wrestler. I think Jones has no match at LHW.

Back