News Beterbiev vs Bivol Oct.12th in Saudi ESPN+

Who wins ?

• Total voters
24:0 ARTUR BETERBIEV
Finally fight for the undisputed light heavyweight champion.
Bivol seems like a boxer who does not lose focus at all what is very important for his style of fighting.
Locks shoulders with every shot, mix long guard and high guard, movement speed, constantly rhythm in all 3 fields (upper body movement, punching and footwork) synchronized every move, duplicate jab, lean back counters, flurry of punches, high pace.
Beterbiev applies pressure and chases his devastating shot, but what I see as a deficiency is that his output decreased a lot, earlier he threw a lot more punches when does pressure and it was practically impossible to survive 12 rounds against a monster like him.
Only someone like Bivol who can minimize his accuarcy of punching, he is the best defensive currency fighter.
Bouncing, Lead Hand Control - SSSR Style
To have better vision, make it difficult for him to find distance and bait his reaction to use the other defensive tools to counter them like, lean back, pivot, rear hand, drop step counter, check hook, high guard...
It creates illusion of distance by his bouncing, flat footed fighters will be an easy target for his straight punches.
He moves much more unpredictably than before, he improved it from Smith onwards.
Bait & Reset opponent via pawn jab/lean back/drop step counters.
When someone manages to cut the distance and learn chest to chest, they often raise his guard high.
After every combination he comes out safely and quick.
Even during hitting, he is technically quite covered.
Other lacks when start punching they give a lot space for counter, it is the best part of his defense...
This is most important due to the fact that it is often difficult to amortize counter punches in half-rhythm.
In addition, he grinds round after round with a huge output.
What Beterbiev can do?
Looking for the body shot or accumulated damage 12 rounds which is difficult because of the mentioned thing.
Knocking him out with one punch is difficult because of absorb, vision and defense that Dmitry possesses.

UD 117-111

25:0 DAVID BENAVIDEZ
Benavidez works similarly to Bivol offensively, only he doesn't care about the defense.
He does pressure while punching and throws massive output. Different of current version of Beterbiev, but doesn't even have half of his KO power.
Both fighters throw out big volume.
Bivol will return to the center via jabbing.
The big difference is that it will be much easier for Bivol to reach the counter. In that pace of 12 rounds, that will be crucial.
Bivol is expected to counter his body head combinations, which Bivol often lets through the guard, which can be fatal if it happens against mexican.
He did half beat counters very well against Zinad.
Bait him on the check hook, change the angle and load him with punches.
With his style, round after round, Benavidez opens holes of the opponent to which he can capitulate.
If Dmitry leaves him to shoot his combinations, he can fall into a trap, it is necessary to cut him off with a counter as soon as Benavidez starts.
Dmitry will compensate with long combinations and make the biggest advantage from a distance...
Withstood the strongest punches of Canelo and didn't show any drop in concentration.
Jabbing, changing angles, resetting on the center, compense via long combos too, bait & counter, lead hand control, ring craft, dont give him to tie combo.
Benavidez needs a lot more adjustments to win.

UD 115-113

26:0 JOSHUA BUATSI
Buatsi doesn't use reach, push pace and going forward.
He does bob n weave to cut the distance to find his opponent.
Conducting rhythm behind the jab in order to take the center.
In pocket body/head, hook/uppercut combos are his best weapon.
Swarming a lot.
Counter over the jab very well.
It is easy to distract him with any fake to the body and set up your punch.
He cannot accommodate too many in the guard, fighters who do flurries do not suit him.
He avoids such situations most often by lowering his head
which won't help him against Dmitry, who will reset & shoot again.
He is not so durable as far as guards are concerned.
Slow returning hands in the guard.
Bivol is antidote for him with his lean back/drop step counters, flurries...
Will punish his every step.
Buatsi hasn't met anyone that he will have to chase in order to fulfill his output, with the fact that he will constantly run into jabs.
I expect from Bivol to changing rhythm a lot, any round to fight on lead foot, any round to dance over him.
What Smith did to Dmitry can be repeated in this fight, because Buatsi does an excellent job of the over the jab counter last fight.

UD 117-111

27:0 DAVID MORRELL
Whoever imposes his own rhythm will win.
Bivol should occupy center.
A lot of jab/cross combos.
Bivol's biggest advantage is his speed of movement and hitting.
Morrell will simply have problems with timing, because of that speed of movement.
Cubanian is dangerous in the center line, Bivol could change angles and score over him.
Uppercuts are easy for counter, best Morrel's weapon.
He doesn't have a straight pace, but depends a lot on the opponent,
which can be a problem against fighters who have the same pace for all 12 rounds, like Bivol.
What differs from other Cubans is that he is not so responsible defensively.
Telegraph too much and doesn't have punch placement.

UD 118-109

28:0 OLEKSANDR GVOZDYK
Bivol to revenge loss in amateur days.
Gvozdyk often lands that left hook clean on the chin.
It depends too much on whether they control the center.
In the later rounds, he becomes an easy jab target.
When they meet, Gvozdyk will be old.
Speed is on Bivol's side.
It's one-dimensional boxer, looking for a jab-cross.
Throws alibi punches.
As for damage, Bivol makes more.
Readable.
Uppercut for begging of a combination could use Bivol.
His reaction is not the best. Bivol will punish it.

Bivol 10 RD KO/TKO

29:0 ANTHONY YARDE
Yarde can knock out anyone in that mid range.
He has that catch n counter style.
Left hook from the hell.
What his fighting style requires is to create pressure and concentration that he does not have.
He is dangerous in the first rounds.
It is often predictable.
He can't take too much punches.
It can be neutralized with a good and quick movement.
Bivol will outbox him via in n out movement.
Control the range and set up rear hand.
Yarde throws everything with full power.
His cardio and output for 12 rounds is poor.
An easy target for a jab.

Bivol 8 RD KO/TKO

30:0 KHALIL COE
Khalil reminds me of a calmer and better version of Malik Zinad.
His infighting is only effective when he is the ring general.
He has perhaps best jab in the division next to Bivol.
Jab helps him to cut the distance and set up his body punches.
It looks pointless from a distance outside that jab.
Dmitry could counter him moving backward via via jab reset and punish.
Coe telegraphs rear straight and his lead hand is not in the block.
He knows to levitate with his chin up.
Diversity of weapons is on the Bivol's side.
We haven't seen him in the later rounds and what his pace is like.
There are a lot of unknowns regarding him and experience is on Bivol's side.
Before they meet, I expect Coe to make great progress and to be one of the leading characters in that division.

UD 116-112

BONUS PAWEL STEPIEN
One slightly easier opponent.
He does not throw counters at all.
Flurry prone.
It is easy to impose a rhythm against him.

UD 120 - 107
Reads like you processed it through chatgpt

24:0 ARTUR BETERBIEV
Finally fight for the undisputed light heavyweight champion.
Bivol seems like a boxer who does not lose focus at all what is very important for his style of fighting.
Locks shoulders with every shot, mix long guard and high guard, movement speed, constantly rhythm in all 3 fields (upper body movement, punching and footwork) synchronized every move, duplicate jab, lean back counters, flurry of punches, high pace.
Beterbiev applies pressure and chases his devastating shot, but what I see as a deficiency is that his output decreased a lot, earlier he threw a lot more punches when does pressure and it was practically impossible to survive 12 rounds against a monster like him.
Only someone like Bivol who can minimize his accuarcy of punching, he is the best defensive currency fighter.
Bouncing, Lead Hand Control - SSSR Style
To have better vision, make it difficult for him to find distance and bait his reaction to use the other defensive tools to counter them like, lean back, pivot, rear hand, drop step counter, check hook, high guard...
It creates illusion of distance by his bouncing, flat footed fighters will be an easy target for his straight punches.
He moves much more unpredictably than before, he improved it from Smith onwards.
Bait & Reset opponent via pawn jab/lean back/drop step counters.
When someone manages to cut the distance and learn chest to chest, they often raise his guard high.
After every combination he comes out safely and quick.
Even during hitting, he is technically quite covered.
Other lacks when start punching they give a lot space for counter, it is the best part of his defense...
This is most important due to the fact that it is often difficult to amortize counter punches in half-rhythm.
In addition, he grinds round after round with a huge output.
What Beterbiev can do?
Looking for the body shot or accumulated damage 12 rounds which is difficult because of the mentioned thing.
Knocking him out with one punch is difficult because of absorb, vision and defense that Dmitry possesses.

UD 117-111

25:0 DAVID BENAVIDEZ
Benavidez works similarly to Bivol offensively, only he doesn't care about the defense.
He does pressure while punching and throws massive output. Different of current version of Beterbiev, but doesn't even have half of his KO power.
Both fighters throw out big volume.
Bivol will return to the center via jabbing.
The big difference is that it will be much easier for Bivol to reach the counter. In that pace of 12 rounds, that will be crucial.
Bivol is expected to counter his body head combinations, which Bivol often lets through the guard, which can be fatal if it happens against mexican.
He did half beat counters very well against Zinad.
Bait him on the check hook, change the angle and load him with punches.
With his style, round after round, Benavidez opens holes of the opponent to which he can capitulate.
If Dmitry leaves him to shoot his combinations, he can fall into a trap, it is necessary to cut him off with a counter as soon as Benavidez starts.
Dmitry will compensate with long combinations and make the biggest advantage from a distance...
Withstood the strongest punches of Canelo and didn't show any drop in concentration.
Jabbing, changing angles, resetting on the center, compense via long combos too, bait & counter, lead hand control, ring craft, dont give him to tie combo.
Benavidez needs a lot more adjustments to win.

UD 115-113

26:0 JOSHUA BUATSI
Buatsi doesn't use reach, push pace and going forward.
He does bob n weave to cut the distance to find his opponent.
Conducting rhythm behind the jab in order to take the center.
In pocket body/head, hook/uppercut combos are his best weapon.
Swarming a lot.
Counter over the jab very well.
It is easy to distract him with any fake to the body and set up your punch.
He cannot accommodate too many in the guard, fighters who do flurries do not suit him.
He avoids such situations most often by lowering his head
which won't help him against Dmitry, who will reset & shoot again.
He is not so durable as far as guards are concerned.
Slow returning hands in the guard.
Bivol is antidote for him with his lean back/drop step counters, flurries...
Will punish his every step.
Buatsi hasn't met anyone that he will have to chase in order to fulfill his output, with the fact that he will constantly run into jabs.
I expect from Bivol to changing rhythm a lot, any round to fight on lead foot, any round to dance over him.
What Smith did to Dmitry can be repeated in this fight, because Buatsi does an excellent job of the over the jab counter last fight.

UD 117-111

27:0 DAVID MORRELL
Whoever imposes his own rhythm will win.
Bivol should occupy center.
A lot of jab/cross combos.
Bivol's biggest advantage is his speed of movement and hitting.
Morrell will simply have problems with timing, because of that speed of movement.
Cubanian is dangerous in the center line, Bivol could change angles and score over him.
Uppercuts are easy for counter, best Morrel's weapon.
He doesn't have a straight pace, but depends a lot on the opponent,
which can be a problem against fighters who have the same pace for all 12 rounds, like Bivol.
What differs from other Cubans is that he is not so responsible defensively.
Telegraph too much and doesn't have punch placement.

UD 118-109

28:0 OLEKSANDR GVOZDYK
Bivol to revenge loss in amateur days.
Gvozdyk often lands that left hook clean on the chin.
It depends too much on whether they control the center.
In the later rounds, he becomes an easy jab target.
When they meet, Gvozdyk will be old.
Speed is on Bivol's side.
It's one-dimensional boxer, looking for a jab-cross.
Throws alibi punches.
As for damage, Bivol makes more.
Readable.
Uppercut for begging of a combination could use Bivol.
His reaction is not the best. Bivol will punish it.

Bivol 10 RD KO/TKO

29:0 ANTHONY YARDE
Yarde can knock out anyone in that mid range.
He has that catch n counter style.
Left hook from the hell.
What his fighting style requires is to create pressure and concentration that he does not have.
He is dangerous in the first rounds.
It is often predictable.
He can't take too much punches.
It can be neutralized with a good and quick movement.
Bivol will outbox him via in n out movement.
Control the range and set up rear hand.
Yarde throws everything with full power.
His cardio and output for 12 rounds is poor.
An easy target for a jab.

Bivol 8 RD KO/TKO

30:0 KHALIL COE
Khalil reminds me of a calmer and better version of Malik Zinad.
His infighting is only effective when he is the ring general.
He has perhaps best jab in the division next to Bivol.
Jab helps him to cut the distance and set up his body punches.
It looks pointless from a distance outside that jab.
Dmitry could counter him moving backward via via jab reset and punish.
Coe telegraphs rear straight and his lead hand is not in the block.
He knows to levitate with his chin up.
Diversity of weapons is on the Bivol's side.
We haven't seen him in the later rounds and what his pace is like.
There are a lot of unknowns regarding him and experience is on Bivol's side.
Before they meet, I expect Coe to make great progress and to be one of the leading characters in that division.

UD 116-112

BONUS PAWEL STEPIEN
One slightly easier opponent.
He does not throw counters at all.
Flurry prone.
It is easy to impose a rhythm against him.

UD 120 - 107
TL;DR. Who are you picking between Beterbiev & Bivol? Give us a succinct answer.

I think Beterbiev gets it done. Likely by late stoppage. If it goes the distance then I think he could win there too on knockdowns scored. Nobody has ever stayed on their feet against him (or survived for that matter).
I don’t know who this dude is but he’s claiming (at 9:05) that he’s heard Beterbiev is looking old in sparring, sounds like BS but who knows. What do you think?

https://youtu.be/Vm5QG46ZjKs?si=-dZmokdnf0iGaYHn

Bivol will be hard to beat as he is very elusive and has improved his inside game.

Light heavyweight fight of the century !

I don’t know who this dude is but he’s claiming (at 9:05) that he’s heard Beterbiev is looking old in sparring, sounds like BS but who knows. What do you think?

Looking old can simply equate looking human. For example, when he fought Yarde we all saw him look like he was “slowing down” but after 1, maybe 2 stiff rounds and looking a little tired Artur seemed to bounce right back into form while Yarde instead faded and was finished.

I’m gonna be honest, I think even an old Beterbiev wipes the division, and i think that finally comes true on the 12th!!!’

I really am not sure who to bet on if I were to bet, but I think Bivol is the favorite.

I'm considering a few factors.

Bivol is a volume puncher with quicker hands and feet. He'll control the distance and outland Beterbiev for sure. The thing about Beterbiev is that he really just fights at one pace. Which is the same thing I thought about Spence and which is why I thought Bud would easily beat him because Bud can go into different gears. Once Bud figured Spence out, there's nothing different Spence could do but Bud can shift gears. The same applies for this match up.

Beterbiev fights best when he's on the front foot fighting at his pace. If he gets touched, his rhythm gets disrupted and he has to reset. I can see Bivol timing him with the jab as Biev steps in and then following up with combinations then stepping back out to create distance. Biev will then reset and try to do it all over again. The volume of Bivol is going to pose a big problem for Biev.

Between the two of them, Bivol is the only one who's fought a fighter with truly great boxing skills. Canelo was smaller sure, but it's not like Bivol simply used his size to bully him. That experience against a great fighter gives him the edge.

We have to consider Beterbiev's age as well. He's been looking like a beast but you never know when father time will catch up to you.

If Bivol stays extremely disciplined and sticks to his game plan, I think he wins this fight handily. Might even make it look easy. But the if is a big asterisk.

He does have a habit of going straight back and into the ropes. This would be very dangerous against Biev. I think its obvious Biev is much stronger and will push Bivol against the ropes and maul him.

Bivol also sometimes has a habit of just sitting on the inside with his guard up and waiting for an opportunity to counter. This will also be dangerous for the same reason as above.

Bivol messed up the timing against Smith and got cracked by the big right hand as he was trying to time Smith with a left hook.

Beterbiev also has a pretty sneaky pull counter game so Bivol has to play it very safe and be very disciplined. He can't be going after Beterbiev after landing a combination. He has to do enough to score and win rounds.

So I think there's a good chance Bivol will win and possibly make it look easy unless he loses focus and gets cracked. I'm envisioning a fight where Bivol outboxes Beterbiev for most the fight while Biev runs around the ring trying to catch Bivol, then Bivol gets dropped by a right hand in the later rounds during a lapse in focus, recovers and continues to play it safe and win a decision. But of course there's a chance Bivol won't recover and gets stopped.

I really am not sure who to bet on if I were to bet, but I think Bivol is the favorite.

Bivol is a volume puncher with quicker hands and feet. He'll control the distance and outland Beterbiev for sure. The thing about Beterbiev is that he really just fights at one pace. Which is the same thing I thought about Spence and which is why I thought Bud would easily beat him because Bud can go into different gears. Once Bud figured Spence out, there's nothing different Spence could do but Bud can shift gears. The same applies for this match up.

Beterbiev fights best when he's on the front foot fighting at his pace. If he gets touched, his rhythm gets disrupted and he has to reset. I can see Bivol timing him with the jab as Biev steps in and then following up with combinations then stepping back out to create distance. Biev will then reset and try to do it all over again. The volume of Bivol is going to pose a big problem for Biev.

Between the two of them, Bivol is the only one who's fought a fighter with truly great boxing skills. Canelo was smaller sure, but it's not like Bivol simply used his size to bully him. That experience against a great fighter gives him the edge.

We have to consider Beterbiev's age as well. He's been looking like a beast but you never know when father time will catch up to you.

If Bivol stays extremely disciplined and sticks to his game plan, I think he wins this fight handily. Might even make it look easy. But the if is a big asterisk.

He does have a habit of going straight back and into the ropes. This would be very dangerous against Biev. I think its obvious Biev is much stronger and will push Bivol against the ropes and maul him.

Bivol also sometimes has a habit of just sitting on the inside with his guard up and waiting for an opportunity to counter. This will also be dangerous for the same reason as above.

Bivol messed up the timing against Smith and got cracked by the big right hand as he was trying to time Smith with a left hook.

Beterbiev also has a pretty sneaky pull counter game so Bivol has to play it very safe and be very disciplined. He can't be going after Beterbiev after landing a combination. He has to do enough to score and win rounds.

So I think there's a good chance Bivol will win and possibly make it look easy unless he loses focus and gets cracked. I'm envisioning a fight where Bivol outboxes Beterbiev for most the fight while Biev runs around the ring trying to catch Bivol, then Bivol gets dropped by a right hand in the later rounds during a lapse in focus, recovers and continues to play it safe and win a decision. But of course there's a chance Bivol won't recover and gets stopped.
Interesting, but Bivol is linear in his distance management, not enough lateral movement to be a “gear shifter” the same as Crawford was over Spence. His “fencing” style, IMO, has him eating way more punches than people picking him want to admit apparently, but I think he will be winning the “boxing match” at the time of the stoppage, not that being ahead before you got KOd counts for anything, but Bivol will have a nice account for himself, I just don’t believe he wins.

Surprised that Beterbiev won the poll. Bivol is a cut above everyone Beterbiev has boxed so far.
Bivol gonna fence, Beterbiev gonna slug, but the moment Beterbiev commits to the punch, Bivol's already gone.
I don’t think Bivol is a cut above a prime Gvozdyk.

Looking old can simply equate looking human. For example, when he fought Yarde we all saw him look like he was “slowing down” but after 1, maybe 2 stiff rounds and looking a little tired Artur seemed to bounce right back into form while Yarde instead faded and was finished.

I’m gonna be honest, I think even an old Beterbiev wipes the division, and i think that finally comes true on the 12th!!!’
Yeah. Some fighters also aren’t gym fighters but they perform well under the lights. Muhammad Ali was like that. Then other fighters look like sugar Ray Robinson in the gym but not so much in the ring.

His “fencing” style, IMO, has him eating way more punches than people picking him want to admit apparently
compubox has him in second place with fewest punches landed on him per round, with 6. the only one being hit less in shakur with 5.3.

he has the lowest opponent total connect percentage, with 13%. making him arguably the best defensive boxer right now.

compubox has him in second place with fewest punches landed on him per round, with 6. the only one being hit less in shakur with 5.3.

he has the lowest opponent total connect percentage, with 13%. making him arguably the best defensive boxer right now.
Quick reminder that compubox is just a couple of nerds hand counting punches lol. People make it out to be more definitive than it is, it’s an interesting data point that is directionally informative, but that’s all it is.

There’s a rhyme and reason to how and when Beterbiev resets…it’s part of his pressure strategy. This rinse and repeat Bivol inside outside pendulum system won’t work exactly as you predict it might because he will be pressured and cornered, the question is his durability. Because once that starts happening his original game plan will be irrelevant. It’s a tough fight to predict, and a lot will depend on Artur’s knee. But Canelo had Bivol cornered many times and he was tee’ing off on him, Canelo has slow plodding feet and is a low volume puncher, if he can do that then Beterbiev can as well.

i think Bivol is being highly overated here, i could be wrong and i have been in the past and will be again, but i think the constant pressure of Beterbiev gets to him in the end

anyone can get old overnight though, and Betty is no spring chicken, so he could simply not be able to get off on the night, and that wouldnt surprise me either, but if i was betting, i would put it on Betty

There’s a rhyme and reason to how and when Beterbiev resets…it’s part of his pressure strategy. This rinse and repeat Bivol inside outside pendulum system won’t work exactly as you predict it might because he will be pressured and cornered, the question is his durability. Because once that starts happening his original game plan will be irrelevant. It’s a tough fight to predict, and a lot will depend on Artur’s knee. But Canelo had Bivol cornered many times and he was tee’ing off on him, Canelo has slow plodding feet and is a low volume puncher, if he can do that then Beterbiev can as well.
If he's pressured and cornered, Bivol is screwed. I don't think he's good on the inside. As for Canelo, I was thinking about how Canelo covers distance vs how Beterbiev does it, I think Canelo does it better. He plods but he sneakily gets in range but inching subtly forward and he'll mix it up by suddenly exploding forward with a hook. But Beterbiev always comes forward with a step in jab. Sometimes he doubles it up. It's a lot more predictable than Canelo's style. But of course one thing Beterbiev has is size and strength. Dude is a tank and that will add to the pressure.

If he's pressured and cornered, Bivol is screwed. I don't think he's good on the inside. As for Canelo, I was thinking about how Canelo covers distance vs how Beterbiev does it, I think Canelo does it better. He plods but he sneakily gets in range but inching subtly forward and he'll mix it up by suddenly exploding forward with a hook. But Beterbiev always comes forward with a step in jab. Sometimes he doubles it up. It's a lot more predictable than Canelo's style. But of course one thing Beterbiev has is size and strength. Dude is a tank and that will add to the pressure.
One thing I’m confident in is that Beterbiev is absolutely better at closing the distance than Canelo, go watch the Marcus Browne fight…Beterbiev has very underrated athleticism and foot speed. Canelo is an aura merchant…he’s very slick and looks in control and confident in all his movements which leads people to vastly overestimate his effectiveness.

Back