Dana White admits that putting on Sphere cards isn't really financially viable

blaseblase

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

"All these fights are happening, it takes a Saudi fucking trillionaire, every fucking guy that tries to do the boxing thing ends up losing shitloads of money. The model doesn't work. A Saudi unlimited amount of money pops up, and that's what makes these fights happen."

Of course he's talking about the big boxing fights, specifically the Ngannou fights. But it applies equally to him since his company rushed to have Saudi Arabia sponsor UFC Noche and even changed the name of the card to reflect that. Not saying he's wrong for specific fights but its hilarious he's saying this after his company took advantage of the Saudi money coming in.

arab-money.gif

I dont get it, Dana came out and said said it was a one and done card obviously that's because it's not financially viable. this is something that he's admitted and explained several times already.

What is TS even on about? is this a sad attempt at a point and laugh at dana thread?

Which company, promoter or fighter isn't taking advantage of the Saudi money coming in if it's available?

Exactly

Last edited:
Tbh I love that the saudis are putting money into making huge fights, but I actually hate the atmosphere of those cards. Boring crowds and stupid concerts.

The atmosphere of Usyk vs Joshua at Tottenham absolutley destroyed the atmosphere of Usyk vs Fury, even though that was a much more important fight.

The Beterviev/Bivol hype video movie tho was insane.

Paying fighters isn't financially viable either.
<31><{Heymansnicker}>
Francis apparently made more from the UFC than "the Sphere"

Back