Betch: "I'm going to go in there and box with her". LOL.

Except he didn't. Bethe is the only fighter Ronda has fought that wasn't in some sort of combat sport 4 years ago. Even Dana acknowledges that Bethe's title shot is built on bad blood, talk, and timing rather than her career wins.

Cat- fighting since '08, decorated grappler.
Davis- fighting since '07, 2 black belts, 20+ mma fights
McMann- fighting since '11, wrestling for 20 years
Tate-- fighting since 07, wrestling/grappling 10+ years
Liz- fighting since '10, 5 years in USMC with 3 tours of the middle East
Kaufman- fighting since '06
Budd- fighting since '10, racked up a 10-2 kickboxing record prior including giving Carano her only Muay Thai loss

He was merely correcting the post about these women being housewives, nannies and secretaries 4 years ago, which he was right about (it being BS).

Why is it you people so profoundly lack reading comprehension? Several of you keep suggesting I said Ronda's opponents were nannies and secretaries 4 years ago and then trying to "disprove me" and all you are doing is showing that you did not read that post or any of my posts since with any understanding.

WMMA is infantile. These women were housewives, nannies and secretaries 4 years ago. Ronda is one of the few exceptions who has trained lifelong.

I never said that Ronda has only fought housewives and nannies. That comment was about WMMA in general, which is true. Of course Ronda is facing the toughest competitors in WMMA, minus a select few like Cyborg. That doesn't change the fact that the "toughest" among a shallow pool is still pretty shallow competition.

Just because Ronda's immediate opponents have trained longer than most of the women in MMA doesn't change the fact that the talent pool is clearly more shallow than the men's divisions. Far less competitors and less average time in combat sports. Nobody in this thread has actually tackled the arguments I ACTUALLY presented. You guys keep tackling straw men. Setting up arguments I never made to knock them down and pretend you accomplished something.

If you look up the women Ronda has faced, many of their wins came off of women who have no wiki page, women with only a few MMA wins. In other words, although Ronda built her reputation against legit competitors, they built their reputation often off of relative nobodies.

Now look up the guys Werdum, Jones, Cormier, Weidman, Lawler, GSP, RDA, Aldo, etc have faced. There is a big difference. You won't find many fighters with less than 10 MMA wins, less than 5 years in the sport, no wiki page, etc.

Last edited:
Want to see something funnier than Bethe not being able to drop Shayna after throwing 384932493242 punches?

Someone go make a GIF of 31:37 to 31:42 of this video - pretty please (Bethe managed to throw even more comical punches in a controlled environment LOL):

[YT]PRQMoayLs4E[/YT]

EDIT: Thanks, Jblizzle:

My god she throws punches so badly. They've gotta be some of the ugliest punches I've ever seen.
For real.. the worst... actually makes me laugh! It's hard to believe any professional fighter could have such horrible punching technique.
EvenPassionateBarb.gif

Can't wait to see her boxing in action tonight lol

Back