Betch: "I'm going to go in there and box with her". LOL.

Miesha is a lifelong athlete that was wrestling against men in high school. Sara McMann is another lifelong athlete that honed her craft to the point of reaching the Olympics and medaling. Davis wrestled in high school and has been practicing BJJ since she was 18 and had fought 22 times before crossing paths with Ronda.

I'm not saying Ronda's competition is equivalent to this or that person's (though Ishi does fight at HW, and non-UFC HW at that, which is an appalling weight class), but the opposite extreme that she "just fought housewives, nannies and secretaries" is just as ridiculous.

I never said that Ronda has only fought housewives and nannies. That comment was about WMMA in general, which is true. Of course Ronda is facing the toughest competitors in WMMA, minus a select few like Cyborg. That doesn't change the fact that the "toughest" among a shallow pool is still pretty shallow competition.

SOME of the ones she has faced are good athletes, yes, but their MMA skills are still rudimentary. I was comparing it to mens MMA from days gone by. Sure, 1998 had a fair amount of lifelong wrestlers and such, but how many truly talented fighters were there in comparison with what we have today? Thats where WMMA is at. I guarantee you that if you were to fast forward and take the best WMMA fighters 10 years from now, Ronda would be struggling. She might still be champ, maybe, but she would not be racking up the under 1 minute kills.

Ronda is not just an athlete but a naturally talented fighter. Most of the women she is facing are not. They are athletes who have struggled to really adapt to MMA. They are the ones who would be fighting in other organizations if they came 10 years later... and most of THEIR wins are the nannies and housewives.

Sorry Bethe, you don't get to decide where the fight takes place.

Want to see something funnier than Bethe not being able to drop Shayna after throwing 384932493242 punches?

Someone go make a GIF of 31:37 to 31:42 of this video - pretty please (Bethe managed to throw even more comical punches in a controlled environment LOL):

[YT]PRQMoayLs4E[/YT]

EDIT: Thanks, Jblizzle:
Holy fucking arm punching.

wow...what are those punches...

those are lightning and thunder and Ronda does NOT wanna be on the receiving end of those bad boys!! :icon_lol::icon_lol:

I agree on the main points of your post. However when talking about Ishii and why he (and other judokas) cant do what Ronda can when transitioning to MMA I think you are forgetting the single most important factor: depth of talent
WMMA is infantile. These women were housewives, nannies and secretaries 4 years ago. Ronda is one of the few exceptions who has trained lifelong.

troll response :eek:

This is going to be your typical Ronda Rousey fight:
  1. Beth closes the distance
  2. Ronda clinches, then judo throws the hell out of her
  3. Ronda transitions to an armbar, at which point it's "tap or snap"

This fight won't go to the second round.

I always find it inexcusable when a brazilian lacks proficiency in BJJ. Come on people, it's your national pride. This fight would be much more interesting if she was a black belt.

I always find it inexcusable when a brazilian lacks proficiency in BJJ. Come on people, it's your national pride. This fight would be much more interesting if she was a black belt.

agree if she had more of a ground game she would have a shot

troll response :eek:

How interesting given that what I said was not an opinion but a fact. Of course you could be mistakenly thinking I was specifically talking about the women Ronda has faced in the UFC, which I already addressed... or you could mistakenly be taking "nannies, housewives and secretaries" literally in which case I'll dumb it down for you in case you don't understand figurative speaking. WMMA is still largely composed of women who were either homemakers or in careers that did not revolve around athletic competition 4 years ago. There are still far less females in MMA at 135 than there are males. Both of these facts are impossible to factually dispute and both of them contribute to WMMA having a far smaller depth of competition. Period.

I thought baszler was beating her in the first round of their fight, dunno wtf happened in the second.

rousey going to maul her.

I hope Ronda finishes it or goes 5 rounds on her feet. I know she wants the rest of the division thinking she's more than a 1 trick pony.

I don't blame Bethe for believe in herself or putting up a front.

I blame the UFC for making this fight happen so soon in her career.

Even if Bethe wins by a 'pigeon wing fatality', she does not belong in that cage against Ronda yet.

Bethe begged and demanded this fight over and over again and every time she did there were people out here screaming that Dana should make it happen.

She also really really hopes Ronda doesn't try any of that grappling voodoo.

Miesha is a lifelong athlete that was wrestling against men in high school. Sara McMann is another lifelong athlete that honed her craft to the point of reaching the Olympics and medaling. Davis wrestled in high school and has been practicing BJJ since she was 18 and had fought 22 times before crossing paths with Ronda.

I'm not saying Ronda's competition is equivalent to this or that person's (though Ishi does fight at HW, and non-UFC HW at that, which is an appalling weight class), but the opposite extreme that she "just fought housewives, nannies and secretaries" is just as ridiculous.

It's a form of figurative language called hyperbole, dude. He's not being literal. :rolleyes:

This is going to be your typical Ronda Rousey fight:
  1. Beth closes the distance
  2. Ronda clinches, then judo throws the hell out of her
  3. Ronda transitions to an armbar, at which point it's "tap or snap"

This fight won't go to the second round.

1a. Throws a looping right hand

Back