• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BETA Academy owner explains ending relationship with Lloyd Irvin

Yes BJJ United is no longer with TLI. Jared and Wilson both left. Justin "Chim" Garcia has also left, of course Nak has left. I've heard rumors that Dominic Cruz has left as well. Don't be surprised if more people jump off. Some medal chasers may be stuck there as lloyd controls most of their lives. Some of them get all of their living expenses, room/board etc all paid by lloyd. It could be rumor but I didn't think you could hold an outside job if you were a Medal Chaser. So it might be harder for some to leave than others. The times, they are a changing.

Thank you!!

Oh my god, TLI is game over////

Thank you!!

Oh my god, TLI is game over////

Jared wrote on Facebook at least a month ago that he was leaving, and hasn't said a word since about it that I know of. He wrote something like, even though he's leaving, he wouldn't tolerate any negative comments about TLI on his Facebook page. Must have been a tough decision for him. He was Lloyd's first black belt. He's a full-time cop, though, so doesn't need to rely solely on the school's income.

Jared wrote on Facebook at least a month ago that he was leaving, and hasn't said a word since about it that I know of. He wrote something like, even though he's leaving, he wouldn't tolerate any negative comments about TLI on his Facebook page. Must have been a tough decision for him. He was Lloyd's first black belt. He's a full-time cop, though, so doesn't need to rely solely on the school's income.

People on the Ug kinda doubted his motives. They said that he was distancing himself, but setting it up for a quick and painless return.

Will see though.

This, in my opinion, is the right way of walking away from all this.

special effects were cheesy even for its time....

If there is a movie people want to obsessed over when it comes to be mafia/self made, I think Godfather is way more respectable of a movie..

the only special effects were blood. please point to the scene with the cheesy special effects You might not know what words mean. now, if you say the soundtrack is cheesy, all i have to say is "rush rush to the yayo"

both are great movies, not sure why all the butthurt over scarface. it is fucking classic. plus the geto boys 1990 cd would not have half the songs on it without the movie.

in the words of tony montana "fuck em all"

Oh, thanks.

Maybe JT as well///

I'm partial to Miller's Crossing myself

I love Miller's Crossing. One of the most underrated movies ever.

It's gettin' so a businessman can't expect no return from a fixed fight. Now, if you can't trust a fix, what can you trust? For a good return, you gotta go bettin' on chance - and then you're back with anarchy, right back in the jungle.

I love Miller's Crossing. One of the most underrated movies ever.

It's gettin' so a businessman can't expect no return from a fixed fight. Now, if you can't trust a fix, what can you trust? For a good return, you gotta go bettin' on chance - and then you're back with anarchy, right back in the jungle.

I

^ holy shit lol. wayback machine indeed

i totally forgot that one of Simco's celebrity endorsers was Shannon the Cannon
one of the worst jobbers in MMA history. probably done tongue in cheek, but good lord

I'm feeling less lazy. Let me start the Simco vs LI similarities. Of course, there are differences, but there is just too many similiarities, that it's eerie.

<Full disclosure. I used to passively participate in Simco's forum in the mid 2000's, but I checked the forum almost daily, so I knew what was going on at that time. It was an entertaining site especially with some ninja dude who was really hilarious. All the drama at the end before the forum's demise, made it even more entertaining.>

- Both had celebrity/famous people endorsing them
- Both had star students who competed well in competition (i.e. Glover, Brian)
- Both had some sexual criminal past
- Both used some heavy over-the-top marketing tactics, not often seen in BJJ. You can say perhaps pioneers in the space in BJJ, whether you like it or not. I have to say, they were very clever/innovative in some of the things they did. Books by Simco, having forum etc., was pioneering. LI w/ blueprint, kumite etc. are also very innovative.
- Both were successful at running BJJ as a business. LI is definitely more successful, but Simco had a big school and making good income, until he got exposed.
- Both show off their bling (Simco used to brag about his Mercedes, and other blings all the time)
- Both show off how rich they have become from hard work in BJJ. Simco used to say that he was millionaire, would use that as defense that he was right/good/cool over others.
- Both deleted negative messages posted against them. Simco did so on his forum, and LI on facebook. Simco would eventually close down the forum, because there was so much negativity. LI did at one point as well.
- Both had cult followings who would defend them almost to death. Simco's forum was a very active forum with some now famous BJJers actively participating in it. Everybody seemed to love Simco, until one day it started turning slowly. This was even before the sexual harassment suit. But there were some loyal cult following who would just over the top defend Simco, without any logic. It's like devnull, and others on this forum, who just defend Simco with half-logics, and idiotic reasonings. The types of defense that you see from TLI defenders and Simco are so eerily similar, which is what reminded me of Simco in the first place.
- Both had ex-cult followers turn against them. In Simco's case, everyone pretty much turned against Simco at the end of the day. The loyal cult followers, who were even worse than devnull, eventually just started bashing on Simco. I remember a guy who went by "TheTrain" or something. He was devnull x5, and then turned into the biggest Simco hater. Once they turn, they go all out, (i.e. Nakapan), which makes me wonder, if they knew how shitty Simco/LI had been, why were they part of the cult for so long??? I guess that's what Cult is about. It makes you become extremely illogical, and attached to the cult leader, even though you may have a lot of doubt inside.

Main difference between LI and Simco is that LI is a legit BJJ competitor, whereas Simco has some dubious record, which was one of the debated subjects in the forum. Simco also never rolls. Not sure if LI does, but even if he doesn't, no one questions his skills.

Really want to hear what devnull and Chulo have to say now that KC and others have become h8rs and are leaving their beloved innocent not-a-rapist master.

Where has Devnull gone?

People once again were trying to out his RL identity.

He's in full damage control now that Keenan have left his team, and with the pending rumours that's bound to come out in the next few days/hours.

If he were in damage control, he'd be here posting about how Keenan's departure is no big deal and trying to squash whatever the new juicy rumor is about Irvin.

Back