• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BETA Academy owner explains ending relationship with Lloyd Irvin

KJGould

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/2/1...explains-ending-relationship-with-lloyd-irvin

Following terminating his relationship with Lloyd Irvin, BETA Academy owner Nakapan Phungephorn explains the situation, including claims of shady business tactics and bully behavior.

As previously reported here at Bloody Elbow, BETA Academy, one of the largest Team Lloyd Irvin affiliates, ended their relationship with TLI. Today, Nakapan Phungephorn, owner of BETA Academy, sent out a letter explaining why he terminated his relationship. Included in the letter is an explanation of Lloyd's business practices with his MMA Millionaires Association or "MMA Cartel" along with this disturbing claim from Nakapan:
Bullies attempt to intimidate those whom they perceive to be weak. Bullies make threats. Bullies exploit others to make themselves feel powerful. Lloyd has attempted to intimidate me, even going so far as to bring a gun to a business meeting to encourage my silence and continued cooperation. Lloyd has made what I, and many others, consider a veiled threat against my wife via Facebook. He uses petty intimidation tactics and threats that are unbecoming of a martial arts instructor. Lloyd Irvin Jr. is a bully. This realization has affirmed my decision to completely disassociate from him and his MMA Millionaires Cartel.

Full letter on link above

...This doesn't end, does it? Or at least not with Lloyd Irvin still teaching BJJ.

Wow good on Nak. It's never too late to come out about something bad

From what Ryan and Nak have said, lloyd Irvin is absolute scum

You could even tell from photos of the last MMA Blueprint Seminar that it was all about up selling. I'm glad that people are finally revealing how LLoyd is just using the worst kind of MLM, and not trying to help gym owners.

Respect to Nakapan for speaking out.

Is/was TLI on the BJJ or MMA radar in the UK before or after the NYE incident? How is Lloyd and his team perceived across the pond?

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/2/1...explains-ending-relationship-with-lloyd-irvin

Following terminating his relationship with Lloyd Irvin, BETA Academy owner Nakapan Phungephorn explains the situation, including claims of shady business tactics and bully behavior.

As previously reported here at Bloody Elbow, BETA Academy, one of the largest Team Lloyd Irvin affiliates, ended their relationship with TLI. Today, Nakapan Phungephorn, owner of BETA Academy, sent out a letter explaining why he terminated his relationship. Included in the letter is an explanation of Lloyd's business practices with his MMA Millionaires Association or "MMA Cartel" along with this disturbing claim from Nakapan:
Bullies attempt to intimidate those whom they perceive to be weak. Bullies make threats. Bullies exploit others to make themselves feel powerful. Lloyd has attempted to intimidate me, even going so far as to bring a gun to a business meeting to encourage my silence and continued cooperation. Lloyd has made what I, and many others, consider a veiled threat against my wife via Facebook. He uses petty intimidation tactics and threats that are unbecoming of a martial arts instructor. Lloyd Irvin Jr. is a bully. This realization has affirmed my decision to completely disassociate from him and his MMA Millionaires Cartel.

Full letter on link above

Well, if what Nak says is all true then i do not like this Lloyd Irvin. Seems like he hasn't changed at all from 1989.

Who brings a gun and puts it on the table to a business meeting?

Is/was TLI on the BJJ or MMA radar in the UK before or after the NYE incident? How is Lloyd and his team perceived across the pond?

I've never heard of a TLI gym anywhere in Europe.

I've never heard of a TLI gym anywhere in Europe.

I know he doesn't have any gyms in Europe, but to people who follow BJJ or MMA closely, he has to have a reputation. I was just wondering if it was similar or different to his reputation here in the states.

I'm glad Nakapan spoke out. It takes bravery.

This keeps getting crazier and crazier. I don't really know what to think at this point other than I am glad I didn't join the local Lloyd Irvin school....

Seriously, what is the end game here.

His students all end up leaving one by one?

TLI is shunned at all the major tourneys?

Well, if what Nak says is all true then i do not like this Lloyd Irvin. Seems like he hasn't changed at all from 1989.

Who brings a gun and puts it on the table to a business meeting?

Seriously. I have met and been around NAk, to be able to say that he is a stand up person. I feel that he prolly got sucked into LI7s crap and when he wanted out, he was threatened, his wife as well.

This situation made it so that he could extradite himself, while LI couldn't do anything

If I understand correctly, the "endgame" seems like it is seeing justice done and helping future martial arts students/teachers. Seems like a lot of people have seen a lot of bad things and they're tired of letting it continue to happen to unsuspecting new marks.

Social responsibility is kind of an obvious positive motivation that doesn't really need any justifying.

wow, good shit man.

I think we can all agree that all Lloyd cares about is himself and money. He never has or never will do anything for BJJ. He only does things for Lloyd.

Some day Lloyd will make a thread to the wrong man's wife and that will be that. Of course Lloyd couldn't understand caring about anything more than he cares about money. He fits right in with all those idiot rappers he tries to emulate in his cray cray vids he puts out now.

funny, when he spoke about being robbed at gunpoint, he kept saying "the guy is pointing a gun at my head, that is a red light. the guy points the gun at my wife's head that is green light". I thought that was funny but maybe i was just jumping to the wrong conclusion. but no, i think he meant that it was fine for his wife to get shot in the head if he could disarm the guy, but he would not let himself get shot in the head. Most sane people would not say this out loud. Maybe Lloyd suffers from delusions of grandeur.
Still saying he pulls some dave chappelle in dbol's pigeon coup shit soon.

This keeps getting crazier and crazier. I don't really know what to think at this point other than I am glad I didn't join the local Lloyd Irvin school....

Wonder if anyone has dropped out(I mean regular students), or is this flying totally under the radar?

What I would like to see happen in the end? Lloyd Irvin's bankruptcy.

What I would like is for the negative things that LI has done to come to light so that we can expel the negative aspects of his business program from BJJ. While he has done interesting things such as the BJJ Kumite, using the manipulative mastermind and mma blueprint programs to fund such things will not serve BJJ in the long term.

Back