Best fighter to never win a title

He was also fighting vastly inferior LW's in the UFC than what was happening outside of it lmao

Lol who's fault is that? The UFC gave him the best guys they could offer at that time. And he beat all 12 of them except former champs: Penn, Sherk, Aldo who were all in their primes. And also to an undefeated prime Maynard. And he was too green and only had 3 pro fights during his TUF loss to Diego. Different eras, but doesn't make Kenflo less of a great fighter who never won a title that time.

Not Joe B imo because he had 5 ts and lost every Ts.

Which shows he's just not champ material

I'm guessing people are talking about UFC? I've seen Mousassi mentioned and Cro Cop, Both held belts outside of the UFC. Mousassi actually in every org he has fought in.

Before and up until he breakdanced with a cable and destroyed his knee it was Tony. If he wasn't crazy before (Which he was), that would have been enough to drive anyone mad.

Lol who's fault is that? The UFC gave him the best guys they could offer at that time. And he beat all 12 of them except former champs: Penn, Sherk, Aldo who were all in their primes. And also to an undefeated prime Maynard. And he was too green and only had 3 pro fights during his TUF loss to Diego. Different eras, but doesn't make Kenflo less of a great fighter who never won a title that time.

But he never won a title at that time because he simply wasn't good enough. I get that he was good. But he wasn't a great that only lacked a title to crown his career. He needed to be a lot better. That's the exact same thing as everyone else that is not good enough to be champ.

He got beaten HANDILY every time he fought anyone at championship level.

But he never won a title at that time because he simply wasn't good enough. I get that he was good. But he wasn't a great that only lacked a title to crown his career. He needed to be a lot better. That's the exact same thing as everyone else that is not good enough to be champ.

He got beaten HANDILY every time he fought anyone at championship level.

Well isn't that what the thread is all about? I'm not saying he IS the correct answer, but imo he is one worth mentioning. TS got Joe B. as his example.

Well isn't that what the thread is all about? I'm not saying he IS the correct answer, but imo he is one worth mentioning. TS got Joe B. as his example.

That wasn't my interpretation. I thought it was more about guys that were good enough but unlucky in some way. I feel that he was kind of the polar opposite in that the UFC moved a lot of pieces around to get him his title shots. I don't think only ever fighting once at a weight and getting a title shot puts him in that catagory. Especially having just lost in a title fight.

As far as UFC title goes:

HW: Overeem
LHW: Rumble Johnson
MW: Yoel Romero
WW: Carlos Condit (only if you exclude Interim, otherwise Jon Fitch)
LW: Tony Ferguson (only if you exclude Interim, otherwise Michael Chandler)
FW: Chad Mendes

dont care about the midget divisions

I am pretty much for this list. Particularly Yoel and Fitch.

That wasn't my interpretation. I thought it was more about guys that were good enough but unlucky in some way. I feel that he was kind of the polar opposite in that the UFC moved a lot of pieces around to get him his title shots. I don't think only ever fighting once at a weight and getting a title shot puts him in that catagory. Especially having just lost in a title fight.

Fair enough. I just think that when the UFC brought back the LW division, Kenflo is one of the guys who revolutionized the division as one of the guys who is finishing fights left and right along with the TUF 5 cast which imo followed on that same lead. That 6 fight win streak with 5 finishes which eventually was halted by the champ BJ, a win vs Gomi in a highly anticipated debut, and a bloody war vs Guida is one of the most impressive and notable streaks at that time and arguably he's the 2nd best guy in the UFC LW division before the WEC/SF merge era.

If only he didn’t run away to fight welterweights in Bellator
Still showing your ignorance. Bisping was afraid to lose titlel to Mousasi and tried to make things work for most of a 90 day nego .He even signed the rockhold fight but the misunderstanding of UFC still offering the slight bump to his already finished shitty contract put a stop to that.
This is a guy who says " no" to no one and undefeated in open weight.
You dumb shit.
When DC went down, Gegard Mousasi ( middleweight)begged for shot to fight the larger rumbleJohnson. .Anthony declined .... and took alot of shit for it.
Mousasi, arguably, was the #1 middleweight at the time . Maybe the only true brainfart in UFCs history.

Lol, outside izz and rob- what's so great about UFC middle?.... and for awhile now.
He didnt even want to punish Rory- that's on Rory. Lima was bigger than Mousasi on fight night and, lmfao, a better win than beating Bisping . Gegard was a -160 fave over Lima. Bisping doesnt decline title fight, Mousasi wouldve been a -270, -280 fave at the time . Yoel wouldve been a -330, -340 favorite over Bisping. Bisping opted to fight the unranked 66 year old Hendo as his " title defense" .... and almost lost that.

Is this about UFC title or major promotion titles. Wasnt made clear cause Gegard owns a myriad of major titles. Theres no doubt in my mind that he wouldve won UFC title but that's my opinion.

Eh

I dont think Mirko or Overeem were good enough to get the belt,because they werent able to do it. The promotions they fought in would have loved it,but it was not to be. But I still dont mind or question if people have them as their best fighter in those divisions never to win the title.

Eh

I dont think Mirko or Overeem were good enough to get the belt,because they werent able to do it. The promotions they fought in would have loved it,but it was not to be. But I still dont mind or question if people have them as their best fighter in those divisions never to win the title.

Mirko and Overeem both held belts. Not in the UFC, but held belts.

Back