Best chin : Hunt vs Nelson vs Hendo

Let's see.

Nelson been KOd.

Hunt been KOd.

Hendo has not.

Nelson and Hunt has rocks for stones but I wouldn't freaking put them as top 3.

Hendo vs Anderson vs Shogun

That's the right question, so edit that title.

SHOGUN

Yes, but Hendo has been knocked down and hurt by a punch.

Ok then genius,

Go back and watch Cro Cop's fights with Hunt and you count how many LHK's Hunt took to the head, it wasnt one i can tell you that.

And that kick he took from Cro Cop in K-1 was a perfect shot and Hunt's head was even moving into it,

That shot was just as devastating if not more than the shots Cro Cop hit Wandy and Igor with.

And as a little side note, Cro Cop knocked Alexander silly with a LHK even tho Alex was taller than him and moving away from it.

OK then genius,

Crocop knocked Hunt off his feet with a headkick, and in that sport Hunt got to take a count rather than get swarmed on and finished. Had that fight been in MMA, he'd have got pulverized and stopped after getting floored by that kick, so where would that leave your theory?

Not everyone that Crocop ever kicked was knocked out, so are they all the best chins ever?

As I said earlier, it is reductive to have the whole debate reduced to one strike. If we're going to do that, Hunt is ruled out because he couldn't handle a punch from Manhoef. You see? Reductive. Whole careers must be considered.

Do you even know who Melvin Manhoef is?

You have only ever watched UFC, how soon after reading this did you look him up on wikipedia. :D

PS - Your favorite ever fighter list says it all.

I have watched a few Melvin fights. His fight vs. Lawler was pretty great.

those are all big names and they have great chins. I've noticed that Rick Story has an awesome chin. Check out his fights.

I'd give it to Hunt because he has had more war's with heavy hitters where he ate some huge shots. People keep talking about the lhk, but the fights with LeBaner showcased his chin the best. I just can't see either Nelson or especially Hendo taking that amount of punishment.
Rothwell has to be mentioned too, he took more of a beating from AA than Nelson to go down.
But if you exclude K1 and just look at mma, then Nelson has shown the best chin imo.

Overall, Hunt has the best chin, because he was hit harder than anybody else in his career. This is why I am very excited to see Hunt fighting JDS!

Pound-for-Pound chin goes to Shogun.

Jason "Mayhem" Miller has an underrated chin. I don't think anybody has mentioned Bonnar in this thread.

Anderson might have been knocked to the ground by Chael but 1. Chael was roiding, and 2. He wasn't even rocked. Anderson took Hendo's punches without even wobbling.

Hendo got rocked by Fedor until he came back, and he's been rocked by quite a few people, he just stays on his feet and swings.

Hunt got KO'd by Manhoef but Melvin could KO any living person if he hit them bang on the chin.

Nelson could JDS' best shots and didn't seem rocked.

It's hard to say really.

Nelson fell down from getting hit in the face by JDS. Nelson was hurt in round one badly.

He never went out, but he was definitely rocked.

Hunt? I don't think he's belonged in this type of debate for many years now. I got Nelson.

Everyone who didn't say Yatsu is completely fucking wrong.

fujita easy sure he has a few tko losses but thats due lack of proper defence

theres a lot of candidates but no one has an article written about them like fujita
im not sure how to post links but all you have to do is google the unfortunate history of fujita's skull

theres a lot of candidates but no one has an article written about them like fujita
im not sure how to post links but all you have to do is google the unfortunate history of fujita's skull

Interesting, Thanks for the info i'll look into it :p

Back