Best chin : Hunt vs Nelson vs Hendo

I have to go with Nelson on this one. He's taken 15 minutes of abuse from Werdum and JDS and walked away to talk about it. During those 30 minutes he took ridiculous punches and knees to the chin and kept staggering forward.

He outlasted most of JDS' opponents by 12 minutes.

Hunt. I don't even know how people can argue this. It took him charging in to a Manhoef right hook to go to sleep.

Shogun or Hunt. Nelson and Hendo are top 5 though

Which one of those three you think has the best chin ? Personally i have to go with Hunt. He's probably the only man on earth who can take a flush LHK from a prime Cro Cop and not even be rocked by it :)

I know he was KOed by Manhoef but i still think Hunto may have the GOAT chin in MMA.

Discuss

Nah, not Hunt. People overstate the Crocop kick. Crocop is not a robot programmed to kick a kickbag with the exact same leverage, energy, technique and precision every time. He is a human being who is in constantly fluctuating state of consciousness, emotion, pain, energy (because he is fighting), and is moving while trying to hit a moving target - thus there is no way of knowing if the kick he hit Hunt with was as hard or as well-aimed as the kicks which took out Igor or Wandy or whoever. Basing a massively comprehensive decision such as best chin ever on ONE SINGLE STRIKE is insanely reductive. There are far, far, far too many intangibles to consider.

I really don't know what the right answer to this question is, it's so difficult. I know I've never been as consistently impressed by a guy's chin as I was all through Nelson's fight with Werdum when Roy kept eating flush knees to the face from a massive guy who was throwing them with good MT technique. But, Nelson has been properly knocked out while Hendo hasn't, and Hendo has been fighting the best guys for so, so long, and occasionally taking a lot of punishment.

I think I have to go with Henderson, but I think age may have chipped away at his resistance to the point where he could get worn down and TKO'd by someone like Bones Jones sometime soon, because Dan is no longer cut out for these five round fights. But at his best, he was true iron.

hendo>hunt>nelson.

Honerable mention to Shogun, A Silva and Maldinado

Hunt

Yeah he was ko'd by a weird punch from Melvin but his chin has received to much more damage than the others...

He took some many hard shots from CC, JLB, Sefo, etc.

Nah, not Hunt. People overstate the Crocop kick. Crocop is not a robot programmed to kick a kickbag with the exact same leverage, energy, technique and precision every time. He is a human being who is in constantly fluctuating state of consciousness, emotion, pain, energy (because he is fighting), and is moving while trying to hit a moving target - thus there is no way of knowing if the kick he hit Hunt with was as hard or as well-aimed as the kicks which took out Igor or Wandy or whoever. Basing a massively comprehensive decision such as best chin ever on ONE SINGLE STRIKE is insanely reductive. There are far, far, far too many intangibles to consider.

I really don't know what the right answer to this question is, it's so difficult. I know I've never been as consistently impressed by a guy's chin as I was all through Nelson's fight with Werdum when Roy kept eating flush knees to the face from a massive guy who was throwing them with good MT technique. But, Nelson has been properly knocked out while Hendo hasn't, and Hendo has been fighting the best guys for so, so long, and occasionally taking a lot of punishment.

I think I have to go with Henderson, but I think age may have chipped away at his resistance to the point where he could get worn down and TKO'd by someone like Bones Jones sometime soon, because Dan is no longer cut out for these five round fights. But at his best, he was true iron.

Ok then genius,

Go back and watch Cro Cop's fights with Hunt and you count how many LHK's Hunt took to the head, it wasnt one i can tell you that.

And that kick he took from Cro Cop in K-1 was a perfect shot and Hunt's head was even moving into it,

That shot was just as devastating if not more than the shots Cro Cop hit Wandy and Igor with.

And as a little side note, Cro Cop knocked Alexander silly with a LHK even tho Alex was taller than him and moving away from it.

None of that matters to me. Mark was still ko'd by a mw

Do you even know who Melvin Manhoef is?

You have only ever watched UFC, how soon after reading this did you look him up on wikipedia. :D

PS - Your favorite ever fighter list says it all.

Back