Benson Henderson

Because he's already done it once.

Nice excuses, by the way.

LOL
You try to make it like Pettis destroyed Benson.
And yes, he would have won with a better game plan.
He was striking way too much with a known striker. That's a bad game plan...
0wned...
next...

LOL
0wned...
next...

Ah, the excuse fairy is out today. Pettis beat Benson. Whine all you want about gameplans - but the FACT is - Pettis beat Benson. So yeah, YOU have been owned.

Now begone, White Belt.

Still much rather have Pettis face him first. Pretty sure everyone else does too.
Disagree, you can set up the Bendo/Melendez fight now for the 4/20/13 FOX card, and then Pettis/Cerrone winner fights the winner of that fight in July or August. The only complication would be the Eddie Alvarez situation, not sure what's going to happen there and with this "intent" for him to get an immediate title shot if he enters the UFC.

Melendez as a long time champion deserves the immediate title shot. Alvarez, while a hell of a fighter, isn't the champ in Bellator and does not deserve the immediate title shot. I don't see why the UFC even threw that in the contract, it makes zero sense since it's a lot easier for Bellator to give Alvarez a title shot after that sick first fight vs. Chandler than it is for the UFC with deserving guys like Pettis (should he beat Cerrone) and Melendez.

Disagree, you can set up the Bendo/Melendez fight now for the 4/20/13 FOX card, and then Pettis/Cerrone winner fights the winner of that fight in July or August. The only complication would be the Eddie Alvarez situation, not sure what's going to happen there and with this "intent" for him to get an immediate title shot if he enters the UFC.

Melendez as a long time champion deserves the immediate title shot. Alvarez, while a hell of a fighter, isn't the champ in Bellator and does not deserve the immediate title shot. I don't see why the UFC even threw that in the contract, it makes zero sense since it's a lot easier for Bellator to give Alvarez a title shot after that sick first fight vs. Chandler than it is for the UFC with deserving guys like Pettis (should he beat Cerrone) and Melendez.

The UFC can let whoever they want fight for the title. Pettis and Melendez don't really have anything to say in the matter. Just look at Hendricks. Very legitimate contender, but the UFC preferred another fight so he is on the sidelines at the moment.

Ah, the excuse fairy is out today. Pettis beat Benson. Whine all you want about gameplans - but the FACT is - Pettis beat Benson. So yeah, YOU have been owned.

Now begone, White Belt.

LOL
so your only reason is... because Pettis beat him way back...
makes sense... when he got exposed in the Guida fight...
Blue print to beating Pettis has been laid out...
Any decent wrestler with decent submission defense can beat Pettis...
0wned...
next...

LOL
so your only reason is... because Pettis beat him way back...
makes sense... when he got exposed in the Guida fight...
Blue print to beating Pettis has been laid out...
Any decent wrestler with decent submission defense can beat Pettis...
0wned...
next...

Nobody is getting owned in this thread but you. Bugger off.

Still much rather have Pettis face him first. Pretty sure everyone else does too.

Even if he loses to Cerrone?

Pretty sure I'd rather see the top two lightweights fight instead.

Nobody is getting owned in this thread but you. Bugger off.

I don't understand... why people are so upset that Pettis can't and never will beat Benson again...

LOL
0wned...
next...

[YT]LH7oRb5Knjc[/YT]

anthony-pettis-showtime-kick-big.gif

Stings, doesn't it?

Melendez should fight Maynard. Also if Eddie Alvarez signs he gets an immediate title-shot

I don't understand... why people are so upset that Pettis can't and never will beat Benson again...

I'm not upset and I don't care for Pettis, but your argumentation is flawed and making declarations in the form of "X will never beat Y" in an unpredictable sport like MMA is silly.

If I were Ben's Manager Melendez would certainly be my choice.
You think the Henderson Camp is anxious to take on Maynard?
And Pettis still has the Cerrone fight looming. If Anthony wins he should just wait.
If Cerrone wins he has to face, and win, against a top fighter, possibly Gray before a Title Fight.

That's a weird statement considering that Frankie Edgar is clearly the no.1 LW in the world.

You just proved my point... durrr...
0wned...
next...

You said "You try to make it like Pettis destroyed Benson." Benson got his ass handed to him.

No one gives a shit that he "tried to strike with a known striker." He got his ass kicked, Showtime won, we all went home.

You said "You try to make it like Pettis destroyed Benson." Benson got his ass handed to him.

No one gives a shit that he "tried to strike with a known striker." He got his ass kicked, Showtime won, we all went home.

Dude, it was a super close fight that was clinched by that super kick. It wasn't a one sided beat down by any stretch.

I'm not upset and I don't care for Pettis, but your argumentation is flawed and making declarations in the form of "X will never beat Y" in an unpredictable sport like MMA is silly.

Actually I didn't say "X will never beat Y"... BEFORE you typed bugger off.
0wned...
next...

Back