Benson Henderson

I'm down with whatever match-up lol. Benson/Melendez, Benson/Pettis II whatever. All entertaining.

Why do so many people think that Pettis can beat Benson.
Didn't he get destroyed by Guida?
Benson can do everything Guida does... better...
Benson would have won the first fight if he was in a better team... with better trainers... with better game plan...

WHAT????? Benson has been in the MMA Lab John Crouch from the very beginning

Benson is on the same team with the same trainers same sparring partners as he was then that he is now. his team had the right game plan but Benson deviated from the plan. he learned a lot from that fight it made him better.

Last edited:
I like the match up. it should be Benson/Melendez next. Considering Benson has just beat Nate. They can sell it right away

In other thoughts, Eddie Alvarez can be welcomed in the UFC by Mr. Jim Miller

I like the match up. it should be Benson/Melendez next. Considering Benson has just beat Nate. They can sell it right away

In other thoughts, Eddie Alvarez can be welcomed in the UFC by Mr. Jim Miller

I'm fully confident Eddie beats Jim.. And if Gil managed to win that fight you know Eddie is getting first shot with the amount of shit those guys talk about eachother.

That will be interesting, I see a back a and forth. If Melendez can keep it standing and take Bendo down when he leg kicks he has a chance. If Bendo outmuscles him then this could be a quick one but we'll see.

Great. Gil vs benson is the fight to make. Part of me wants it on fox, they could bill it as the unification of the lightweight title.

They had that chance when the WEC ended and they didn't. Why would they do it now? Strikeforce is over now anways. No more belts, it will all be refered as the final or former blah blah champ.

Bendo wins via 50-45 UD. I could see him finishing with a guillotine, or some GnP. We all see how Ben is becoming a monster. Gil is a great fighter and great addition to the UFC but Ben is going to be the LW GOAT.

Gotta be done really. Bendo's ready to go, Pettis/Cerrone yet to happen and Melendez will probably be ready before the winner of that one. Have Henderson/Melendez in May, Pettis/Cerrone winner gets the shot end of summer!
I would assume that Henderson/Melendez will happen on the FOX San Jose Card in April. That fight would headline and Cormier/Mir a co main. No?

I honestly think Bendo is trying to avoid Pettis as long as he can.

Whats wrong with bendo ?

His last defeat came against Pettis, instead of sayin "I wanna avenge my L, i want Pettis"
but no, he calls out Melendez.

Bendo knows something we dont, Pettis is a bad match up.

Bendo/Melendez is the fight to make, if you think otherwise your a fool.

Actually I didn't say "X will never beat Y"... BEFORE you typed bugger off.
0wned...
next...

umm little girl?....you really have to stop saying owned, next....it just makes you look stupid and childish more and more every time you say it

I honestly think Bendo is trying to avoid Pettis as long as he can.

Whats wrong with bendo ?

His last defeat came against Pettis, instead of sayin "I wanna avenge my L, i want Pettis"
but no, he calls out Melendez.

Bendo knows something we dont, Pettis is a bad match up.

that fight was extremely close. They want Melendez because a Strikeforce/Ufc title merger is a bigger fight.

That's why I said...
"Benson can do everything Guida does... better..."
learn to read first.
0wned...
next...

I am quickly becoming fond of your trolling technique. Before long you'll be where I am with dubbs and I can be promoted to banned. You make me very proud son.

I get it would be Champion vs Champion, but how could the UFC sell that aspect but then not give all the other final SF title holders instant title vs title fights? UFC gets to pick and choose what SF titles are worthy and which ones are not? Either they're all of value or none are.

No, Melendez is way more dominant than any other SF champ.

Back