Benson Henderson

Melendez should fight Maynard. Also if Eddie Alvarez signs he gets an immediate title-shot

Alvarez has to "earn" a Title Shot. Probably 2 fights, as per a recent Dana statement.
Melendez gets the next Title Fight. Maynard requested the Melendez fight and was told by the UFC that "Melendez is getting the Title Fight".
No way can the UFC take a chance on Melendez losing against any UFC top LW if they want to make a Melendez/Title Fight. So much for that.

I get that some people would rather see the Pettis fight first but the Melendez fight makes just as much sense and isn't a rematch thus I'd prefer it.

Actually I didn't say "X will never beat Y"... BEFORE you typed bugger off.
0wned...
next...

How is that even relevant? You are embarrassing yourself, this is not how you win arguments on the internet.

I get it would be Champion vs Champion, but how could the UFC sell that aspect but then not give all the other final SF title holders instant title vs title fights? UFC gets to pick and choose what SF titles are worthy and which ones are not? Either they're all of value or none are.

That's flat out ridiculous. Silva is a title holder. Does Dominick Cruz have the same reputation as Silva simply because he's also a champ? No, obviously he doesn't. There is more to ranking a fighter's talent than their belt. It's amazing that you need to have this pointed out to you.

You said "You try to make it like Pettis destroyed Benson." Benson got his ass handed to him.

No one gives a shit that he "tried to strike with a known striker." He got his ass kicked, Showtime won, we all went home.

What was the official scorecard for that fight?
0wned...
next...

Gilbert's a much easier fight than Pettis so I can't really say I blame them.

How is that even relevant? You are embarrassing yourself, this is not how you win arguments on the internet.

No, because you said bugger off BEFORE I made X beat Y statement.
and all the statements I've made BEFORE X beat Y statement made perfect sense.
0wned...
next...

Why do so many people think that Pettis can beat Benson.
Didn't he get destroyed by Guida?
Benson can do everything Guida does... better...
Benson would have won the first fight if he was in a better team... with better trainers... with better game plan...

Because he has already
And of you think Guida destroyed him your trolling or you never watched the fight. Guida laid and prayed and did nothing... not even ground and pound. Pettis won every striking exchange and attacked with multiple subs instead of getting up because he thought he could submit Clay.
Benson would have won if he was a better fighter... he isn't so he didn't

You said "You try to make it like Pettis destroyed Benson." Benson got his ass handed to him.

No one gives a shit that he "tried to strike with a known striker." He got his ass kicked, Showtime won, we all went home.

Lol, somebody didn't actually watch Bendo/Pettis. If you had you'd know that it was very close.

No, because you said bugger off BEFORE I made X beat Y statement.
and all the statements I've made BEFORE X beat Y statement made perfect sense.
0wned...
next...

Again, how is this relevant?

I get it would be Champion vs Champion, but how could the UFC sell that aspect but then not give all the other final SF title holders instant title vs title fights? UFC gets to pick and choose what SF titles are worthy and which ones are not? Either they're all of value or none are.
Gil Melendez is a longtime champ, unlike the other strike force champs. He's also been at the top of the rankings for years now.

Malki Kawa, manager of UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson, thinks Gil Melendez (21-2) deserves a title shot.

j9udy9.gif

Not interested. Pettis has been getting shitted out of a title shot since 2011. The last guy to beat Ben is Pettis.
If Frankie could get a rematch after a close loss, then Pettis should get one.

That or the fact that I believe Gil is extremely overrated but thats just me.

Why do so many people think that Pettis can beat Benson.
Didn't he get destroyed by Guida?
Benson can do everything Guida does... better...
Benson would have won the first fight if he was in a better team... with better trainers... with better game plan...

While it's true that Bendo is vastly superior to Guida, Bendo doesn't lay n pray either.

Don't get me wrong, I'd call Bendo in the rematch but your argument doesn't hold at all.

Not interested. Pettis has been getting shitted out of a title shot since 2011. The last guy to beat Ben is Pettis.
If Frankie could get a rematch after a close loss, then Pettis should get one.

It wasn't even a close loss.

Lol, somebody didn't actually watch Bendo/Pettis. If you had you'd know that it was very close.

Very? Eh, a stretch to call it that, it was close though. It has been over 2 years now, but I don't recall that it was that close.

Benson didn't exactly come out dominating in that fight, either. :)

While it's true that Bendo is vastly superior to Guida, Bendo doesn't lay n pray either.

Don't get me wrong, I'd call Bendo in the rematch but your argument doesn't hold at all.

That's why I said...
"Benson can do everything Guida does... better..."
learn to read first.
0wned...
next...

Back