Benson Henderson

MMAfanWA

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Malki Kawa, manager of UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson, thinks Gil Melendez (21-2) deserves a title shot.

Still much rather have Pettis face him first. Pretty sure everyone else does too.

Great. Gil vs benson is the fight to make. Part of me wants it on fox, they could bill it as the unification of the lightweight title.

Of course he wants Melendez... It's a favorable matchup and he doesn't want to get Showtime kicked again

And every time I see Malki kawa mentioned I think of Mitrione firing him on live tv lol

A title fighter with unique circumstances where the contender is coming off a win? That's rare nowadays.

Still much rather have Pettis face him first. Pretty sure everyone else does too.

Why do so many people think that Pettis can beat Benson.
Didn't he get destroyed by Guida?
Benson can do everything Guida does... better...
Benson would have won the first fight if he was in a better team... with better trainers... with better game plan...

Tis the fight to make... and probably will be his next fight

Of course Henderson wants that fight. It's an easy fight for him and Melendez will have hype when he first comes over to the UFC.

I thini its only a matter of days before they announce it as the main event of FOX 7 woth Cormier vs Mir as co main.

Didn't he get destroyed by Guida?
Benson would have won the first fight if he was in a better team... with better trainers... with better game plan...

You need to actually watch the fight before you can claim guida destroyed pettis

I get it would be Champion vs Champion, but how could the UFC sell that aspect but then not give all the other final SF title holders instant title vs title fights? UFC gets to pick and choose what SF titles are worthy and which ones are not? Either they're all of value or none are.

Melendez has earned a shot. He should get one.

Meh, there are entertaining fights and then there are relevant fights. In terms of the best in the world facing each other, Melendez is the better fight hands down. Melendez has a somewhat credible claim to being the best LW in the world, I can see why Bendo would want to take that away from him.

I get it would be Champion vs Champion, but how could the UFC sell that aspect but then not give all the other final SF title holders instant title vs title fights? UFC gets to pick and choose what SF titles are worthy and which ones are not? Either they're all of value or none are.

Gilbert has been a long time champion,
which makes the difference

Didn't he get destroyed by Guida? (lol wut)

Because he's already done it once.

Nice excuses, by the way.

Back