News Official: Benoît Saint-Denis VS Renato Moicano at UFC PARIS on September 28

Who wins?

• Total voters
Does this mean Ciryl Gane will not be on the card? Or will Bon Gamin fight in the co-main event

Don't know. I can say that the French mma media that I follow suggest that BSD has taken over in france as the face of French MMA, so having ciryl co main to him wouldn't shock me, especially if they can't get ciryl a big name opponent.

Anyways I like both BSD and moicano a lot, but I'm siding with the much younger BSD in this one. Although I think moicano might be a bit cleaner striker, I don't think he has the power to take advantage of BSD'S poor defense in boxing range. On top of that, moicano was getting hurt by body kicks in his last fight and BSD throws nasty body kicks, and moicano gets rocked a lot lately. I can see BSD forcing a brawl at some point and breaking moicano down. Both guys have slowed down in the past, too, so that is an x factor.

The grappling exchanges are going to be phenomenal.

I think it's a great matchup. BSD fighting Poirier was too ambitious and he got knocked out. Now he's fighting someone two ranks above him and that's a way better matchup. If he makes it look easy, then that's a totally valid outcome and then they can move him further up the ranks

Incredible fight but super weak main event. That’s disappointing. Was really hoping for Gane to fight in the headliner.
Problem is there is no sensible fight for Gane. Stipe and Jones are booked, so is Aspinall and Blaydes. Almeida is boring and fought recently. Volkov is a good fight but Gane beat him quite comfortably.

The one good fight I can think is Gane vs Salsa Boy Acosta

Looks like Cyril gane must have taken too many takes for his movie role, cause he should have been able and ready to fight by September I thought.

might just be that no logical opponent is available. Most of the top 5 are booked or just fought

Problem is there is no sensible fight for Gane. Stipe and Jones are booked, so is Aspinall and Blaydes. Almeida is boring and fought recently. Volkov is a good fight but Gane beat him quite comfortably.

The one good fight I can think is Gane vs Salsa Boy Acosta

It wouldn't be an unreasonable turnaround for Almeida, who would be the ideal test to see if Gane has patched up the holes in his game.

Acosta is a wild pick IMO. He isn't even ranked.

Back