Media Beneil Dariush speaks after Tsarukyan loss: "I just wanna know if I still got it"

He needs to fight down the rankings a little. I wouldn't mind a rematch with Klose. The first one was a classic, and they just fought on the same card.

He wants BSD next? Lol. That'll be his third consecutive concussion. I feel bad for him. He just doesn't have the striking defence or athleticism to compete with the top dogs. Looking back Gamrot was probably the best stylistic fight in the top 10. Hooker might be a good stylistic fight for him too.

Perfectly nice guy but a good lesson that if you don't stand for yourself and demand what is owed to you (title shot in this instance) and instead just be content with doing whatever your boss wants for you then you're going to get shafted in general in life.
You get shafted and that window of opportunity gets narrower because you get older.

He never had it to start off with.

I feel like he has peaked but is a great test for the elite 55ers

It's good to see he's wondering if he's still got it, because he sure doesn't look like it anymore at his age.

Hopefully he gets out after 1-2 losses and doesn't go full Tony.

Still my boy
<StillMyBoy>

Hope he can rebound and continue to find success at the very top, one of the most genuinely likeable fighters out there

Really sorry to say.. but he never had "it". His best win is probably a takedown-spamming machine Gamrot. He didn't fight the actual good fighters.

Now he's starting to fight the better fighters and only to lose and even got finished quickly

The problem isn't even just that he's lost a few, it's that his losses are KOs. It's not really a matter of still got it or not, his skills are fine, but he's never been able to take damage and fight through it or recover.

next opponent should be someone like bobby green / dan hooker. that's it. dude needs to take time off, especially after that one. let USADA go, get on some real whey protein, and start getting that confidence back.

Give Drakkar his rematch. It’ll show where Beneil is at and shut Klose up. Win Win

Never been a fan but damn did this guy get utterly fucked by the UFC lol

Guys like Colby sit out for half a decade with a ruptured rectum and get a gift title shot then dudes like Dariush go on a 8 fight win streak and just gets thrown to the wolves lol
{<jordan}{<jordan}

Not a fan of this guy at all, but he should’ve gotten a ts instead of facing Charles. Teh UFC did him dirty.

He shouldn’t be a fighter imo. I don’t mean he hasn’t got a fighters spirit, he’s 100% a warrior, but I feel like he’s capable of a lot more.
This went unnoticed, but is actually a good post. Well said, I had this feeling about him for a while now. He was racking wins and looking good, but came off as too nice a guy for this sport, too much of a thinker. At least that’s the impression I always got.

This went unnoticed, but is actually a good post. Well said, I had this feeling about him for a while now. He was racking wins and looking good, but came off as too nice a guy for this sport, too much of a thinker. At least that’s the impression I always got.

Yeah he seems different from a lot of fighters you can tell in not only his interviews but his approach to fighting. He’s true kill or be killed. I think he will have more success in whatever he does after fighting than he did being a fighter.

Some brief cliffs;
Looking back on the fight
-How this differs from the Charles loss: had a great camp, felt great on fight night, felt like he was going to do well.

-His coach's advice: No workouts and take time off. Says it’s been tough because he wants to workout. Been sneaking in some push ups.

-His motivation for fighting now: wants to be champion. Period. Says even though he is not a champion, he has the mindset that he is. That is why he takes hard fights because if he was champion, he’d only be fighting #1 contenders.

-What he'll do after fighting: currently expanding his gym. Wants to eventually coach. Go to foreign countries and do religious work. Unfortunately wakes up thinking about fighting, not expanding his gym.

-His health now: 2 concussions in a row. Usually has forgetfulness after a concussion, but hasn’t had that happen after this concussion.

-The division now: not in a position to request who he wants to fight due to losses. Wants to fight guys above him, but will leave it up to the UFC.

-His return plan: rest, pray and meditate. Says he felt great on fight night. Says the danger is he still has the desire, but maybe not the ability. Will figure out if he still has it.
Good man. And you are not so bad yourself, with these cliffs.

So I guess every time Beneil Dariush gets KO'd in the first round, "He didn't show up."??

Well who was that then in the center of the octagon, taking those instructions, and getting knocked out? An imposter?

When he wins that's great, when he whiffs "that was someone else" ...

Dariush is a nice dude, and I was actually rooting for him, but this "I didn't show up" stuff needs to stop.

Him saying, "I was out-fought, out-speeded, and surprised" would be the honest / accurate assessment.
Not everyone blows their opponents or opts for pandering to the fans for fear of posts like this. Some just say how they honestly feel.

Tsarukyan is a tough fight for anyone in the division. I think Dariush can still hang with the top guys.

Back