Media Beneil Dariush speaks after Tsarukyan loss: "I just wanna know if I still got it"

svmr_db

Silver Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

YouTube chapters below:

0:00 Intro
0:47 Looking back on the fight
1:53 How this differs from the Charles loss
3:48 Everything heading into this fight
4:18 Figuring out if he's still got it
6:02 Not wanting to fight lesser competition
7:16 Support from the fans
7:55 His coach's advice
10:21 His motivation for fighting now
11:25 What he'll do after fighting
12:47 His health now
13:39 What surprised him about Arman Tsarukyan
16:42 The division now
20:06 His return plan

Respect -
I've always liked Beneil - class act, hell of a fighter.
Perfectly nice guy but a good lesson that if you don't stand for yourself and demand what is owed to you (title shot in this instance) and instead just be content with doing whatever your boss wants for you then you're going to get shafted in general in life.

Hooker is a good match without the crazy athleticism that's been giving Dariush issues. Hooker also has a solid all around skillset. I think Fiziev and Turner are nightmare matchups for a man lacking confidence.

Dariush started fast against Olivera but he gassed pretty quickly and now he got blasted quickly so it'll be interesting to see how he adjusts. He's got a weird mixture of being a bit slow and strong but also having questionable cardio. Maybe take a page out of RDA's book and wrestle more?

Some brief cliffs;
Looking back on the fight
-How this differs from the Charles loss: had a great camp, felt great on fight night, felt like he was going to do well.

-His coach's advice: No workouts and take time off. Says it’s been tough because he wants to workout. Been sneaking in some push ups.

-His motivation for fighting now: wants to be champion. Period. Says even though he is not a champion, he has the mindset that he is. That is why he takes hard fights because if he was champion, he’d only be fighting #1 contenders.

-What he'll do after fighting: currently expanding his gym. Wants to eventually coach. Go to foreign countries and do religious work. Unfortunately wakes up thinking about fighting, not expanding his gym.

-His health now: 2 concussions in a row. Usually has forgetfulness after a concussion, but hasn’t had that happen after this concussion.

-The division now: not in a position to request who he wants to fight due to losses. Wants to fight guys above him, but will leave it up to the UFC.

-His return plan: rest, pray and meditate. Says he felt great on fight night. Says the danger is he still has the desire, but maybe not the ability. Will figure out if he still has it.

Last edited:
Hooker is a good match without the crazy athleticism that's been giving Dariush issues. Hooker also has a solid all around skillset. I think Fiziev and Turner are nightmare matchups for a man lacking confidence.

Dariush started fast against Olivera but he gassed pretty quickly and now he got blasted quickly so it'll be interesting to see how he adjusts. He's got a weird mixture of being a bit slow and strong but also having questionable cardio. Maybe take a page out of RDA's book and wrestle more?
Hooker would be a nice match for both guy's return.

I didn't want to recommend it for dariush since I think he needs a break, but since he wants to know if he's still got it......give him BSD

So I guess every time Beneil Dariush gets KO'd in the first round, "He didn't show up."??

Well who was that then in the center of the octagon, taking those instructions, and getting knocked out? An imposter?

When he wins that's great, when he whiffs "that was someone else" ...

Dariush is a nice dude, and I was actually rooting for him, but this "I didn't show up" stuff needs to stop.

Him saying, "I was out-fought, out-speeded, and surprised" would be the honest / accurate assessment.

I didn't want to recommend it for dariush since I think he needs a break, but since he wants to know if he's still got it......give him BSD
Honestly perfect test for BSD to see if he's just another CDF or if he's truly capable of being something big.

He lost to a top contender.. not some journeyman. Definitely still a top 10 fighter with some left to give...
fighters who can't see a path to a belt have a hard time training every day. why get beat up and risk brain injury is a constant thought

Classy guy. Shame a title fight doesn’t seem to be in the cards.

So I guess every time Beneil Dariush gets KO'd in the first round, "He didn't show up."??

Well who was that then in the center of the octagon, taking those instructions, and getting knocked out? An imposter?

When he wins that's great, when he whiffs "that was someone else" ...

Dariush is a nice dude, and I was actually rooting for him, but this "I didn't show up" stuff needs to stop.

Him saying, "I was out-fought, out-speeded, and surprised" would be the honest / accurate assessment.
You sure do have a lot of opinions.

He should fight Paddy after he beats Tony

Never been a fan but damn did this guy get utterly fucked by the UFC lol

Guys like Colby sit out for half a decade with a ruptured rectum and get a gift title shot then dudes like Dariush go on a 8 fight win streak and just gets thrown to the wolves lol

Back