Ben Henderson: "I was never asked or even told I was fighting Cowboy."

I think this is a larger lesson in life and business. When you are as nice as Bendo and are always willing to play ball people just stop asking for your consent and assume you'll go along with whatever plans they've drawn up for you. The UFC wouldn't pull this shit with Jones because they know he's only looking out for himself (as we all should) and they know he would let the company collapse before putting himself at too great a risk.

In the end Bendo has to learn from this and start sticking for himself. He should have said "I would've fought Cowboy if you asked me to, but since you thought I wasn't important enough to ask I'm not fighting him". Or he should use this as a situation to get paid more. As a matter of fact if the UfC was anything resembling a fair company they would voluntarily give Bendo a nice bonus.

I remember when we used to praise fighters with Bendo's attitude. Now, we're suggesting that they should be more like Jones? What have we become?

haven't they done this before?

real unprofessional

they should atleast apologize to bendo or give him a small bonus and be like hey sorry for the suprise

this + many other reasons why the athletes themselves find it hard to take UFC as a serious sports organization

You don't really have an option to say no when they announce it before asking you. If you do, everyone will call you a puss; you ruined the event blah blah. Props to him for taking the fight.

haha. they forgot to tell the opponent

hilarious.

You don't really have an option to say no when they announce it before asking you. If you do, everyone will call you a puss; you ruined the event blah blah. Props to him for taking the fight.

Pretty much.

The situation went like this.

"Hey fighter A, we announced you will fight fighter B on blank days notice. If you don't agree, we will say you pulled out of the fight, and fans/us will call you a pussy. So sign this contract now."

Pretty much what happened with Jones and Sonnen at 151. Now Bendo is a gamer and is down for this, but this is really stupid for fighters to accept, but they have to given the possible backlash.

If you win, good, more money for you.
If you lose, you lose.

If you don't fight ala Jones, you get blasted and bullied.

He's the face of the organization. He gets the praise when it does well and the blame when it doesn't.

Also thats Joe Silva's job not dana's so not sure why anyone would say fuck Dana for this. But then again Dana gets shit on for everything.

This happens all the fucking time.

Also lol'd at the idea of Henderson beating up Pettis.

serious, this "major league" of mma is so fking unprofessional.

Big fight for Bendo. If he can pull off a win then he'd be back in on the train tracks for some hype.

This is fucked up, but i guess this is a way of getting around people declining to take fights :D No one would say no after it was announced.

Back