Ben Henderson: "I was never asked or even told I was fighting Cowboy."

Pretty f'd up if true on UFC's part.

That being said hard to root for either fighter against the other, CFH for taking the fight on two weeks notice and Bendo for saying "fuckit, lets go".

JBG Bless Both men.

Odd.

I think it's unprofessional but if you say you will fight anyone, anytime, anywhere, then what's the point of bringing up how you found out if you say you don't care in the first place.

Courtesy. Have you heard of it?

You make up a terrible hypothetical, just to bash Jones in a thread that has nothing to do with him. Hmmmm...

Hum... it was a joke. And I do think this thread has at least a little bit to deal with him as this thread is about a situation where the UFC puts in replacement opponents when someone drops out and how the original fighter handles/deals with the change of opponents last minute.

Jones is pretty infamous for not wanting to fight a career MW (Sonnen) coming off a KO loss on less than a month notice.

It's possible the UFC had contacted Bendo's manager but his manager hadn't gotten around to telling him. Either way Bendo shouldn't be happy about this; hopefully he's going to get a nice secret bonus check for being such a good sport.

What the hell man that shit is ridiculous. I mean I know a lot of professional sports are like that, guys find out they're being traded on Twitter all the time, but still how hard is it to have someone call Bendo? Lol a monkey could do that job.

Why people so surprised by this

Sheeps

Bendo's a good guy and deserved a call from Dana. It's gonna be a great fight though.

What we learned from the UFC: Popularity is most important. Not rank, history, titles, or anything else. If your name is in peoples mouths you get to do what you want.

I think Benson deserves the same amount of credit and props Cowboy has been getting for taking the short notice fight, and oh, poor job by the UFC management on that case.

What we learned from the UFC: Popularity is most important. Not rank, history, titles, or anything else. If your name is in peoples mouths you get to do what you want.

Never not been the case

ufc 2015: the return of pride

That's harsh for Ben, he's their former champion and was treated like that? Damn.

Not telling him is the least of the problem IMO. It is what it indicates. Looks like the plan was to go public first so it would make Ben look bad if he turned down the fight. Even though he is the exact kind of guy that would agree to do it anyway. I bet with the lawsuit we are going to see all sorts of dirty power plays become the norm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back