Ben Henderson: "I was never asked or even told I was fighting Cowboy."

This is fucked up, but i guess this is a way of getting around people declining to take fights :D No one would say no after it was announced.

I think Lil' Nog said no to such a fight. Was it with Gustafsson? UFC announced a fight and Lil' Nog's people said they were never told, and that Nog wasn't ready.

Definitely not how that should have been handled.

Also thats Joe Silva's job not dana's so not sure why anyone would say fuck Dana for this. But then again Dana gets shit on for everything.

Do you think they don't run the big decisions by Dana first and he found out about it the same time as Henderson???

Please correct me if I am wrong. I was under the impression that fighters signed fight contracts with the details of the fight prior to each bout. In addition to being under contact with the UFC. How can they switch your opponent without your approval? That seems very odd to me, unless it was written to your initial fight agreement that they can change your opponent without your consent.

He should have pulled a Jon Jones (before the Henderson/Sonnen incident) and told the UFC to go **** themselves.

Cerrone should've kept his mouth shut and just turn up at staredown...surprise motherfucker :icon_chee

Seriously this is a joke and sign of disrespect towards Bendo. Nobody even asked him if he wants to take this fight. Laughable

Kinda like what happened to Ronda during TUF when Miesha popped up.

It would make the UFC look bad if they announced the fight and bendo came out and said no one told me about that change I don't want to fight cowboy again.

They have done this countless times, but it's a very smart tactic on their part. The last time I remember was when they first announced Evans vs Glover. Glover said that they never told him about it and that he wasn't even cleared to train yet. In the end Glover agreed to fight and now he pulled out because his injury wasn't fully healed.

All credit to both guys on this and 100 demerits to the UFC for falling on their face with notification. I get that sometimes communications break down in large organizations coping with rapid change, but this could have easily blown up in their faces. It's also not cool to pull the rug out from under a guy who's preparing for combat like this. He might have said no and left them in the lurch.

The UFC is not asking fighters to take short notice fights any longer it seems.

Maybe they don't want to risk losing another big fight card a la UFC 151?

Jones,,,erm....I mean Bendo can't refuse what was never actually offered. Right?

Man that UFC head office is all kinds of messed up these days. It's like monkeys on acid are running the place.

wow thats actually pretty amateur of UFC lol.

Maybe the tenth time ive heard a similar tale.

Originally it got blamed on the fighters manager but its just too frequent for that imo.

"Beat up on Pettis"

LOL

At least he still has confidence.

Also thats Joe Silva's job not dana's so not sure why anyone would say fuck Dana for this. But then again Dana gets shit on for everything.

exactly but i guess he makes the most money too.

"It was actually Cowboy who texted me first saying 'hey bro, nothing personal, it's just business, nothing but love' and I said 'oh cool'. I had no idea what he was talking about.

Lol.

This reminds me when UFC cancelled an event and didn't bother telling Mousasi until after he read about it on facebook. The UFC claimed the time difference was to blame for the lateness of informing fighters of the change. What will they blame this latest bush league move on?

He's the president and sticks his mean mug into every picture, interview, and event for the UFC. Oh but it's not his fault when someone in his company f*cks up. Dana taking care of the fighters instead of the UFC's image again I see.

Odd.

I think it's unprofessional but if you say you will fight anyone, anytime, anywhere, then what's the point of bringing up how you found out if you say you don't care in the first place.

Interesting that these two guys get along well enough to text each other. They don't exactly lead similar lives.

Must just be two WEC vets with mad respect for each other's skills, especially after fighting twice.

Man, would be so great if we could get 3 rounds of what we saw in these two guys' first fight.

lol'd pretty hard at "I had no idea what he was talking about."

Bendo probably thought Cowboy drunk texted him or something.

Back