Ben Askren makes Tyron Woodley more relatable

Is that true they wouldn’t let him come out with the flag? That’s super fucked up if it’s true
Woodley specifically said "I'm American too why can't I come out with the flag?"

They were still pushing All American WB angle.

Is that true they wouldn’t let him come out with the flag? That’s super fucked up if it’s true
Woodley specifically said "I'm American too why can't I come out with the flag?"

They were still pushing All American WB angle.

LOL @ you anybody else co-signing this brainfart about how you acknowledge that Woodley is a real human being now and not just the angry caricature that people make jokes about on this forum because he's had a long-term friendship with another fighter who hasn't made any social/political comments that you disagree with.

God you’re a fuckin moron you racist piece of shit.

Now shut your lil mouth up and quit wasting my time

I've liked Tyron for a long time. His style is really interesting to me, an extremely powerful wrestler with KO power who is shockingly passive and overly patient. It causes for a lot of tense, awkward fights. And he is a very smart guy, which is rare in the sport.

kelvin isnt white tyrons a racists aid many bad things about white people yet whites taught him how to wrestle ill never respect him i learnt boxing from 2 black men and am greatful for it but tyrons a typical racist the fact u just got so offended proves you are racist as well

Oh man.... So much wrong with this posts....

1. Hypocrisy - Tyron shouldn't be able to say bad things about certain white people because he was coached by white people. But you can say bad things about Woodley even though you were coached by black people.

giphy.gif

2. No doubt he has had some white wrestling coaches, but his youth head wrestling coach was black. He had him on a champ camp YouTube video where he had his former coach, coach his son in wrestling.

3. I've met a good amount of fighters, and Woodley was one of the nicest (and I'm white). Even though I was drunk and he was on a date with his wife.

You guys that only talk about color don’t even act like Tyron is a person. There’s more to Tyron than his skin color for gods sakes

You're right.

We should talk about Woodley's persistent racism and other personality flaws.

Congrats, you’ve successfully turned this thread into one of politics and race, just like you wanted.

Now gtfo. This is an mma section. Take your bullshit to the War Room.

You can piss off with your MAGA inspired, "let's pretend racism doesn't exist" agenda.

Get enough common sense to know that many people experience it, and when they do, its ok to talk about it . You and your Trumptard buddies are trying to create an environment where its ok for racism to happen, but god forbid anyone talk about.

I can promise you that you're going to fail miserably.

How can you be hating on the man's album if it's ain't even out yet

As a guy that’s gone back and forth on Tryon Woodley, I think having Askren in the UFC makes Tyron look better.

Their friendship shows Woodley is 1) able to make and keep friends 2) able to takes jokes. If you are friends with Askren, you gotta be able to laugh at yourself.

To me, Askren coming in makes Woodley seem more personable and less standoffish, which makes him more likable.

His rap album still sucks though.

Thoughts?
The DC and Cain of WW?

You're right.

We should talk about Woodley's persistent racism and other personality flaws.

DERP I agree BRO!!!!!!!! Tyron is nothing but a bitter disgusting racist, who's never experienced ANY racism in his life as a back guy living in Missouri...……………………..
uwz7JoZ.png Sz3CRQL.gif

As a guy that’s gone back and forth on Tryon Woodley, I think having Askren in the UFC makes Tyron look better.

Their friendship shows Woodley is 1) able to make and keep friends 2) able to takes jokes. If you are friends with Askren, you gotta be able to laugh at yourself.

To me, Askren coming in makes Woodley seem more personable and less standoffish, which makes him more likable.

His rap album still sucks though.

Thoughts?

Agreed

Are you actually implying anyone that dislikes a MMA fighter who happens to be black is racist?

/insert same picture you did.
No, I just asked if you equated trashing to racism. Answering a question with a question is really bad form bud.

<{chips}>

Only to racist alt right incels.

The rest of us always liked Tyron. All American, down to earth, wears his heart on his sleeve.

Gave Gastelum back his missed weight purse because " he knows how hard it is to be an up and coming fighter"

That's all you need to know about the quality of Tyron's character.

What absolute shit argument you have.

One good act does not make up for a person's character. Conor donated for charity before, that doesn't make him less of an asshole for hurting people in a bus or cheating on his girlfriend. Khabib went to see kids on an orphanage, doesn't change the fact that he (and his manager) are fucking the LW division with stupid ideas of boxing/money fights and bad behavior outside the cage.

As for Tyron, he said some stupid stuff before so yeah there's room for disliking him. If you don't then good for you, but don't say shit like 'oh he gave Kelvin his money everyone should love him, if you don't you are racist' - it's a shit argument

What absolute shit argument you have.

One good act does not make up for a person's character. Conor donated for charity before, that doesn't make him less of an asshole for hurting people in a bus or cheating on his girlfriend. Khabib went to see kids on an orphanage, doesn't change the fact that he (and his manager) are fucking the LW division with stupid ideas of boxing/money fights and bad behavior outside the cage.

As for Tyron, he said some stupid stuff before so yeah there's room for disliking him. If you don't then good for you, but don't say shit like 'oh he gave Kelvin his money everyone should love him, if you don't you are racist' - it's a shit argument

You need to learn how to read, that's not what I said.

BTW, don't ever compare Tyron's character to a guy like Conor.

Reading comprehension bro
Alt right is a fictional creation of liberals that pay their friends to yell racist comments while attacking with a noose... lol
Im a Texas white boy that works in the oil biz and ive never met a true racist that are supposed to be all Trump supporters.
Pretty fucking amazing, huh?

Alt right is a fictional creation of liberals that pay their friends to yell racist comments while attacking with a noose... lol
Im a Texas white boy that works in the oil biz and ive never met a true racist that are supposed to be all Trump supporters.
You work in the oilfield and haven’t heard some blatantly racist shit? Haha

So when Obama was elected, you didn't hear a single racist comment in Texas?
200w.gif

You can keep pretending that racism doesn't exist because you're lucky enough to not have to deal with it.

Back in the real world, not only does it exist but it's alive and well.

Back