Ben Askren makes Tyron Woodley more relatable

You mean more relatable to white folk.

No, I mean more relatable to ufc fans of any ethnicitiy.

Why always race with you guys?

Can a black man not be unlikable?

Some of you guys remind me of my rich white neighbor who always praises black people but when I bring a black friend around she gets veeeeeery nervous

To people like you, racists can say whatever they want about black/ Mexican/ asian fighters. But then as soon as said fighter responds to that racism, "waaahhhh they're racebaiting bro!!!!"

Trust me, I know allllll about it.
no its rong to ever bring race into things but i will not sit back and allow tyron to say the things he did i willc all him what he is a dirty racist bigot

also only :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: dorks say bro

Congrats, you’ve successfully turned this thread into one of politics and race, just like you wanted.

Now gtfo. This is an mma section. Take your bullshit to the War Room.
yup im 100% willing to bet hes a indian or paki muslim in england as well ill bet my account here on it

So we're "racist alt right incels" just because we don't like a fighter? That's petty but I'm not surprised

thats sjw leftist tactics if u disagree against anyone of color that isnt asian or white your automatically a racist alt right biggot even against oj

To people like you, racists can say whatever they want about black/ Mexican/ asian fighters. But then as soon as said fighter responds to that racism, "waaahhhh they're racebaiting bro!!!!"

Trust me, I know allllll about it.

This sanctimonious imbecility will get you nowhere except moralizing self-aggrandizement.

I always liked Tyron as well. But it is true that Askren adds to Tyron's relatability, since he is a colorful personality who has an interesting background and story which is integral to Tyron's own in the form of an intimate friendship. This has nothing to do with race, it has to do with narrative context, i.e. if you are writing a story, a character is built from not only their intrinsic traits but their relations to others: their alliances, friendships, animosities, undertakings, etc.

You reducing all of this to an ethnic question shows myopia, and actually a disgusting propensity to capitalize on a real world issue in a lax manner to parade yourself as a paradigm of moral virtue. It's pathetic.

There’s a reason they call him “Funky”

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Ben "Funky" Askren - Boner Jams Pt. 1: Slappin' da (b)ass

T wood is just not that smart. He is a great athlete but socially he can't differentiate Dana not promoting him because his personality is not that exciting, and Dana not promoting him because he is black. Look how many chances Dana gave JJ, cmon now.

Get the fuck outta here with that shit.

God damn, let’s have just one thread that can talk about Tyron and not bring up the fact that he’s black.

You guys that only talk about color don’t even act like Tyron is a person.

There’s more to Tyron than his skin color for gods sakes

Well what about Askren makes Woodley more relatable. Like could you at least elaborate on that?

Only to racist alt right incels.

The rest of us always liked Tyron. All American, down to earth, wears his heart on his sleeve.

Gave Gastelum back his missed weight purse because " he knows how hard it is to be an up and coming fighter"

That's all you need to know about the quality of Tyron's character.
Yet you have no issue trashing an all time great and one of the best role models in MMA history on a daily basis.

Too funny.

Tyron is only real champ in UFC. Fights everyone dana asks nd frequent so I like him. You girls can deal with the drama shit.

Only to racist alt right incels.

The rest of us always liked Tyron. All American, down to earth, wears his heart on his sleeve.

Gave Gastelum back his missed weight purse because " he knows how hard it is to be an up and coming fighter"

That's all you need to know about the quality of Tyron's character.
But, I like Tyron.
Signed,
Racist alt right incel

So until this point OP thought Tyron was unable to keep friends?
nhlto.jpg

Yet you have no issue trashing an all time great and one of the best role models in MMA history on a daily basis.

Too funny.
I want to laugh too.

Are you implying trashing=racism?

{<huh}

Back