Bellator just can’t seem to produce Stars like Pride and Strikeforce and WEC

The only fighter I'm prepared to go straight fanboy on here for, presuming he has some measure of success.
I’d love to see it. Hope MVP signs and they give him Chimaev.

I’d love to see it. Hope MVP signs and they give him Chimaev.
There's a LOT of style match-ups that I wouldn't want to see him in(honestly, Chimaev would scare me a little...there's a lot of similarities between him and Lima). But at the same time, there's so many guys that I (unpopularly) think he would make look bad on their feet(I.e Izzy, Wonderboy, Till, etc. Guys that are known for their stand-up)

There's a LOT of style match-ups that I wouldn't want to see him in(honestly, Chimaev would scare me a little...there's a lot of similarities between him and Lima). But at the same time, there's so many guys that I (unpopularly) think he would make look bad on their feet(I.e Izzy, Wonderboy, Till, etc. Guys that are known for their stand-up)
I’ll be honest, I don’t think MVP could handle Wonderboy or Izzy. Izzy is a MW, and Till would likely have some size on MVP as well. It’s just tough to judge because MVP just hasn’t fought elite competition. He has a win over Daley which is still decent even though Daley is past-prime, and of course when MVP fought Lima it didn’t go well. He’s entertaining as fuck though, and I’d love to see him in the UFC. I just want to really find out once and for all how good he is or isn’t.

I’ll be honest, I don’t think MVP could handle Wonderboy or Izzy. Izzy is a MW, and Till would likely have some size on MVP as well. It’s just tough to judge because MVP just hasn’t fought elite competition. He has a win over Daley which is still decent even though Daley is past-prime, and of course when MVP fought Lima it didn’t go well. He’s entertaining as fuck though, and I’d love to see him in the UFC. I just want to really find out once and for all how good he is or isn’t.
I've always made fun of fanboys. And here I am, preparing to be a biased af (if not already) fanboy. This could get weird/interesting. Like, principally, I may have to come behind my exaggerated posts about MVP, and burst my own bubble. Not that I won't have plenty of sherdoggers salivating over the opportunity, likely beating me to the punch.

But none of this really matters if he doesn't win his first couple of fights in the UFC in impressive fashion.

They actually do this, far more than the UFC. It just hasn't panned out, hasn't panned out yet like they hoped.
Quite a few of the young fighters that Bellator signed have certainly panned out.

PATRICIO FREIRE
- debuted in Bellator at age 22
- 24 fights in 11 years in Bellator
- currently a Top 3 featherweight in the world

DOUGLAS LIMA
- debuted in Bellator at age 23
- 18 fights in 10 years in Bellator
- currently a Top 3 welterweight in the world

VADIM NEMKOV
- debuted in Bellator at age 25
- 6 fights in 3 years in Bellator
- currently a Top 3 light heavyweight in the world

AJ MCKEE
- debuted in Bellator at age 20
- 17 fights in 6 years in Bellator
- currently a Top 10 featherweight in the world

YAROSLAV AMOSOV
- debuted in Bellator at age 24
- currently a Top 10 welterweight in the world

MICHAEL PAGE
- 16 fights in 8 years in Bellator
- one of the most exciting MMA fighters in the world

Quite a few of the young fighters that Bellator signed have certainly panned out.

PATRICIO FREIRE
- debuted in Bellator at age 22
- 24 fights in 11 years in Bellator
- currently a Top 3 featherweight in the world

DOUGLAS LIMA
- debuted in Bellator at age 23
- 18 fights in 10 years in Bellator
- currently a Top 3 welterweight in the world

VADIM NEMKOV
- currently a Top 3 light heavyweight in the world

AJ MCKEE
- debuted in Bellator at age 20
- 17 fights in 6 years in Bellator
- currently a Top 10 featherweight in the world

YAROSLAV AMOSOV
- debuted in Bellator at age 24
- currently a Top 10 welterweight in the world

MICHAEL PAGE
- 16 fights in 8 years in Bellator
- one of the most exciting MMA fighters in the world
I'm referring more to all the D1 wrestlers they've signed to development style deals. Bellator has had a good crop of homegrown stars.

It's cause their name is Bellator and they have that ugly round cage

MVP can’t even win himself a Bellator belt, but a Wonderboy matchup would be interesting.

Aaron Pico is fun to watch win/lose in devastating fashion against cans.
Pico vs. Garbrandt would be hilarious.

McKee and Lima are legit talents that could compete with the top UFC contenders.

how did Strikeforce give us Lawler? dude was UFC star before they were a thing, left, bounced around EXC and a couple others, had what, 3-5 run in SF, then returned and went on a tear.

Idk that SF made him a star.

why would mvp leave he over protected in bellator and makes top money for there standards.

in the ufc he not even be top 10. you think mvp beats colby or jorge or maia or edwards or usman or chesia.
Idk. But a lot of fighters opt for the UFC over Bellator.

Strikeforce gave us Rockhold, Lawler, Woodley, Masvidal, so many huge guys that made waves in the UFC.

Pride gave us everyone man. Werdum, Overeem, Shogun. Everyone from Pride was exciting.

Bellator only gave us Chandler.

MMA in the USA needs more competition!

WSOF is out there but I don’t know any good guys from there.

More competition means more exciting fighters!

I liked the hype that Chandler was coming in with and his performance at the Hooker fight.

I want to see more of that.
Lol imagine thinking the only metric for if someone is a star is if they fight in the UFC, then in the same breath say "MMA in the USA needs more competition!". No you just want the UFC to have a larger stranglehold and to buy out all the fighters from other promotions. You should have just titled this "Why doesn't the UFC just sign Patricio Pitbull, Douglas Lima, AJ McKee, etc."

Idk. But a lot of fighters opt for the UFC over Bellator.

how many of them leave bellator when there over protected like mvp is to join the ufc.

you know dillon danis wont cause in bellator he never fight any one who a risk of beating him.

"Hold on, let me sign another failed ufc fighter"

6UpKoLZ.png
I mean UFC signed "failed" Bellator fighter Chandler and gave him a title shot in his second bout

Chandler wasnt a star until after he fought in the UFC.
Lol dude, how is having Bellator on the mind all this time going for you. For anyone not in the know, Bubba was too lazy to google something so he started calling people retards and lazy since he didn't want to do it himself

how many of them leave bellator when there over protected like mvp is to join the ufc.

you know dillon danis wont cause in bellator he never fight any one who a risk of beating him.
I’m not even sure what we’re debating at this point. Maybe he’ll come over maybe he won’t, was my point.

Probably because Bellator, mostly Coker, have terrible matchmaking.

They’ll feed someone like Pico to the wolves right off the bat, but will protect a 34 year old MVP at all costs as if he was still a 24 year old prospect.

MVP isn’t making any of those guys silly. This is the same guy that got wrestlefucked by Paul freaking Daley.

MVP isn’t making any of those guys silly. This is the same guy that got wrestlefucked by Paul freaking Daley.
Hush...let me be a fanboy for once, k?

Back