Bellator just can’t seem to produce Stars like Pride and Strikeforce and WEC

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Strikeforce gave us Rockhold, Lawler, Woodley, Masvidal, so many huge guys that made waves in the UFC.

Pride gave us everyone man. Werdum, Overeem, Shogun. Everyone from Pride was exciting.

Bellator only gave us Chandler.

MMA in the USA needs more competition!

WSOF is out there but I don’t know any good guys from there.

More competition means more exciting fighters!

I liked the hype that Chandler was coming in with and his performance at the Hooker fight.

I want to see more of that.

Strikeforce gave us Rockhold, Lawler, Woodley, Masvidal, so many huge guys that made waves in the UFC.

Pride gave us everyone man. Werdum, Overeem, Shogun. Everyone from Pride was exciting.

Bellator only gave us Chandler.

MMA in the USA needs more competition!

WSOF is out there but I don’t know any good guys from there.

More competition means more exciting fighters!

I liked the hype that Chandler was coming in with and his performance at the Hooker fight.

I want to see more of that.
Gaethje and Moraes are WSOF alumni not to mention Eddie was champ and he’s from Bellator

"Hold on, let me sign another failed ufc fighter"

6UpKoLZ.png

They have a lot of potential stars. Just badly promoted and fight cards are structured badly. They just blew it with Valerie Loureda and ruined her hype. They ruined a lot of hype of a lot of their potential stars. They don't seem to know how to build stars or keep the hype going over there with the people running Bellator. They are focused on UFC fighters too much and don't build their own fighters. They use UFC branding too much to promote their events and fighters by having former UFC fighters as the main card fighters. Their potential stars badly matched up and put in random spots on the fight cards that most people don't get to watch the fights. Main card choices aren't always the best and could have more spots used to build their potential stars instead.

Chandler is really the only bigish name that comes to mind who originated from Bellator. MVP too I guess. Lima has a fanbase but he's not exactly a big name and EDDIE's origins started in DREAM.
I have hope for Vadim Nemkov there though.

Lima, Patricio, and MVP would do well in ufc. However, they are likely in a position where they make more money being with Bellator. Allowing sponsorships and what not. Being in the ufc doesn't make you a better fighter anyways. Im content with the fighters decisions on where they want to fight. Every organization has a lot of fun to offer. Thats why I watch.

Youre talking about a time when there were only like 20 to 30 ufc cards a year. Right now theres a ufc event every damn weekend. aint nobody got time to watch and follow the UFC let alone a bush league promotion like bellator.

It's hard to watch their cards because they have moved around so much to different channels, many of which are not carried widely like Paramount TV. And, now they are on Showtime, which is a premium channel that costs extra $$$.

You're not really making proper comparisons and also those organizations existed in a very different time.

There are currently many great fighters in a lot of other organizations. You just have to actually watch other organizations.

Yeah, and the standard everyone is using now is you have to be in the ufc to be great. Like Jiri, he was a bum in Rizin, but after winning some fights in the ufc he is one of the greatest LHWs ever. Nothing changed except the location where he beat people.

It's hard to watch their cards because they have moved around so much to different channels, many of which are not carried widely like Paramount TV. And, now they are on Showtime, which is a premium channel that costs extra $$$.
Yeap. I really think that has been an issue, Spike rebranding to Paramount was bad for them too. Although StrikeForce was on Showtime before. So I guess combine the lack of availability with it just being a different time in the sport. The UFC is putting out events 3-4 times a month. It's craziness. And the UFC has feeder leagues, TUF, DWCS to snap up a lot of the potential talent.

AJ McKee probably the most ready for break out but it is a shame Pitbull and Lima don't get more credit.

I think Bellator is a good promotion, and they've done well with producing stars. Chandler is one you already mentioned, but they built up Askren, MVP, Lima, the Pittbull Brothers, and more. They've also done well with some of the talent they brought over from the UFC like Mousasi, MacDonald, Bader, and Daley.

I think Bellator's biggest problem is that the UFC has saturated so much of the North American market that it's hard for them to really break through. The PFL is struggling for a similar reason. They don't have the depth of roster to have an event every weekend like the UFC does. Hopefully, the class action lawsuit succeeds and the Ali Act is extended to MMA; then, that might open up the market more, and greater promotional parity will extend to more compensation for fighters.

Back