News UFC lawsuit: Dana White threatened rival MMA promoter Scott Coker/Strikeforce to sell

Damn, they have a business expert. Do we have a business expert at sherdog ? We can never afford anything, I'm sick of this life, I should've listened to my sister and married bloody elbow.

We used to. @FrankieNYC

Unfortunately he's no longer with us and no one fulfilled his shoes.

I’m all for some Dana hate but when this is the most you can say about the threats? It’s way more tame than I expected.

“Coker testified that, after negotiations stalled, Dana White threatened that he would “come after [Strikeforce’s] fighters, and he would make our life hard, and, you know, give us a bad time.”

I got into mma in the late 2000s and obviously UFC was the main thing but discovered Strikeforce soon, my first event was Fedor v Werdum. Had some great cards and the HW tourney was epic
The HW tournament turned out to be a train wreck. Fedor losing right away, the strange Overeem, vs Werdum fight, Overeem being released mid tournament, and the winner being someone who wasn't even in the tournament to start. It was a cool concert, but was definitely a huge let down

The courts will determine if "Business as Usual" is business that's legal - not that it's what's fair, but often case of who has the best legal representation and can endure the costs the longest.

"would lead to worse purses for fighters" - this resonates
(20% and Dana is the most regularly promoted and famous face of the UFC.......... has yet to step into the ring - although according to his mom juices like a pro)
Well, I was quoting Dana when he first bought strikeforce and when asked how it will run, he said business as usual. Which it wasn’t.

Back