Bellator just can’t seem to produce Stars like Pride and Strikeforce and WEC

Practically their entire rosters were transferred to the UFC. If the same thing were to happen to Bellator I’m sure they’d have a handful of champions and a number of solid contenders.

You're not really making proper comparisons and also those organizations existed in a very different time.

There are currently many great fighters in a lot of other organizations. You just have to actually watch other organizations.
This we agree on…

Lima, Patricio, and MVP would do well in ufc. However, they are likely in a position where they make more money being with Bellator. Allowing sponsorships and what not. Being in the ufc doesn't make you a better fighter anyways. Im content with the fighters decisions on where they want to fight. Every organization has a lot of fun to offer. Thats why I watch.
How much do you think they make from sponsors? And their social media followers are a fraction of champions in the ufc, which is another avenue for sponsor pay. Poirier has literally more than 10x as many followers as Lima and maybe 20x pitbull.

Lima and Pitbull are legit. Chandler too but he is OLD for a lw, should have made the move to the UFC at least 4 years ago. Eddie was damn good.

But yeah, they still fall short compared to Sf, Ufc, Pride, WEC.

Lima was on his way before challenging Moussasi

They have never promoted events the way Strikeforce or even Elite XC did. I lose count of the times there have been really good fights on an event and I never even knew about it until the day before.

Yeah, I remember seeing this news! Fun fighter, and He will beat plenty of guys, but I feel like every wrestler beats him down like a Diaz brother.

Paul Daley groundfucked him...........
Need I say more?
How do you think he will fair?
Haha. No doubt. The question is, will the UFC try and obliterate him with grapplers to prove a point, or just give us some entertaining kickboxing matches?

I think it's worth noting that the world shut down for a year and a half, which really hurt regional MMA, and therefore limited opportunities for young prospects to be seen by any organisation

they just seem to coddle fighters who could be stars . they should make bellator branded cherrypickers.

Lima, Patricio, and MVP would do well in ufc. However, they are likely in a position where they make more money being with Bellator. Allowing sponsorships and what not. Being in the ufc doesn't make you a better fighter anyways. Im content with the fighters decisions on where they want to fight. Every organization has a lot of fun to offer. Thats why I watch.
Unless ufc makes a offer they cant refuse

If Bellator was smart they would be scouring the planet for young talent and try to sign them before the UFC does. This whole signing washed up UFC fighters has no future..
I actually think its a better strategy now than it may have been before. The UFC is far more willing to let top guys go, seems like under Endeavor they're really trying to streamline the product for maximum profit which sometimes means letting go elite fighters who are "overpaid" in terms of the value they bring to the company regardless of their skills.

Look at Rumble and Yoel. I get that they're both old but these guys are still else fighters in their respective divisions. But since most fighters don't really move the needle the UFC can afford to let them go.

Haha. No doubt. The question is, will the UFC try and obliterate him with grapplers to prove a point, or just give us some entertaining kickboxing matches?
You know how it works, Sherbrother.
A dominant wrestler for his debut, to prove a point, then a mix match of show fights to show he's talented. Then back to wrestlers when he gets close to the top echelon.

Chandler, Askren, and Alvazez were pretty good names. If you're asking about their current situation only Lima and MVP come to mind.

I like Bellator, I like to tune in and see what’s going on and how they’re doing. The problem is they barely promote so it’s usually the night of a fight and I’m like OH SHIT forgot all about it

Well at least Bellator hasn't gone belly up like Strikeforce or Pride.
I'm surprised they've lasted as long as they have, same as PFL too. They spend a lot without having a lot coming in.

Bellator has some very promising fighters…

Problem is, they prefer to promote the older and more recognizable fighters.

Needs new name . Part of UFCs success and I know a lot don’t believe this ,,Is simply the name . All the American sports have 3 letter acronyms . UFC is easy to remember and just as fans associate basketball with NBA or American football with NFL, fans associate mma with UFC. Bellator just isn’t a good name . PFL sounds better than Bellator . Like wtf is a Bellator ?!

Back