News Bellator Dublin - Feb 25th - Moose Vs Vanderford

I'd like to see Eblen fight a Tokov or continue to hound Salter first before getting a rather fast track to title. He looks beastly and if he runs through Salter or beats Tokov then why not.

The world of 185 is depressing (to me) these days.UFC as well .Darren Till about to headline another " meaningful " 185 fight /night card.

I dont even know how to guage how great Israel Adesanya is as a mmartist.
I kind of want Salter to avoid Eblen, it's an evil matchup. I don't see any method at all for Salter to win.

185 is good in Russia at least.
Where does van Steenis fit in all this? He was getting a promotional push and then just disappeared.

Where does van Steenis fit in all this? He was getting a promotional push and then just disappeared.
Van steenis hasnt reached almost was status ..... given his push. Van Steenis is a moose underling ( dont mean that harshly) and probably the main reason why Mousasi knew Salter couldnt beat him ( minus something crazy happening).

I dont know where he lies in the current middle landscape but I really don't see him doing much ..

It is what it is.

He was booked against Larkin and then dropped out because of a major injury

Vanderford via tko. Later rounds. That man is a cardio machine and has serious power on the ground.

God knows, depends who he gets booked against. I don't think he has the TDD to deal with Vanderford or Eblen.

Van steenis hasnt reached almost was status ..... given his push. Van Steenis is a moose underling ( dont mean that harshly) and probably the main reason why Mousasi knew Salter couldnt beat him ( minus something crazy happening).

I dont know where he lies in the current middle landscape but I really don't see him doing much ..

It is what it is.
van Steenis showed glimpses of great potential. The scrapped fight against Larkin had the makings of a great fight. Also, a fight vs Machida seems like the ideal next step for both of them.

van Steenis showed glimpses of great potential. The scrapped fight against Larkin had the makings of a great fight. Also, a fight vs Machida seems like the ideal next step for both of them.
Idk - Salter, Austin, Costello and Fabian - all have fought tight fights against one another - all recent.

Some sherdogger came on called Van steenis some enormous favorite vs Salter which I laughed when I saw as the fight was like a pk em and played out that way as John won a split. Mousasi had to be super confident ( even more so than the -475 odds) going into that fight because of that fight . Steenis levels below his mentor.

If Machida willing, itd be interesting .Hes not getting younger.

idk - alot of things that I cant guage on division but I should be able to - on paper-

if that makes any sense-

Idk - Salter, Austin, Costello and Fabian - all have fought tight fights against one another - all recent.

Some sherdogger came on called Van steenis some enormous favorite vs Salter which I laughed when I saw as the fight was like a pk em and played out that way as John won a split. Mousasi had to be super confident ( even more so than the -475 odds) going into that fight because of that fight . Steenis levels below his mentor.

If Machida willing, itd be interesting .Hes not getting younger.

idk - alot of things that I cant guage on division but I should be able to - on paper-

if that makes any sense-

I think Costello probably could have beaten Salter if he'd had more urgency IIRC. It was that fight that left me thinking John had absolutely no chance against Moose.

I think Costello probably could have beaten Salter if he'd had more urgency IIRC. It was that fight that left me thinking John had absolutely no chance against Moose.
Yeah - so did Gegard , said as much leading up to fight in one of my posts but didn't harp on it ( just in case - eye wink- I'd be eating sherdog shit sandwiches, and many)

It might be an ammy belt tbf.
It was won in his last bout against a 6-0 guy. The 3-2 record is deceiving since he lost his first two bouts 4-5 years ago against pretty decent guys in Ivan Zidar (now 7-3) and a split to Paweł Polityło, who is now in KSW

It was won in his last bout against a 6-0 guy. The 3-2 record is deceiving since he lost his first two bouts 4-5 years ago against pretty decent guys in Ivan Zidar (now 7-3) and a split to Paweł Polityło, who is now in KSW

Yeah, looking at his ammy record he fought Ciaran Clarke, Shaoib Yousef and Richie Smullen in the ammys and he beat Clarke, so not too bad

all bellator has for Mousasi is wrestlers

Back