News Bellator 292: Usman vs. Benson, San Jose, March 10

Vartanyan tried to get signed prior and was willing to take "whatever they offer me" apparently, I was told no visa was the issue. If he was from a different country that brought in views that were relevant to the UFC maybe things would be different. Why they didn't sign Shabliy when he had a visa is still a mystery to me too. Honestly they do avoid signing Russian talent a lot.
I think the UFC just doesn't want him. Whatever Mick or Shelby have against him, it's personal I guess. Same deal as with Albert Tumenov.

I think the UFC just doesn't want him. Whatever Mick or Shelby have against him, it's personal I guess. Same deal as with Albert Tumenov.

I don't think it's personal, they weren't eager to sign Rustam Kerimov and Timur Khizriev is one of the best but Bellator signed him even. If they cared, they'd be trying to sign a lot of guys, Mikaev beating Lavrentyev? immediate sign worthy, Evgeniy? He's been trying to get signed for a couple years now and is so exciting 20-2, where's the contract? Even guys like Salamu and Gasanov are some of the best MW's out there, Raisov is worth signing, there's a long list. They do sign some of these guys but not nearly enough.

I don't think it's personal, they weren't eager to sign Rustam Kerimov and Timur Khizriev is one of the best but Bellator signed him even. If they cared, they'd be trying to sign a lot of guys, Mikaev beating Lavrentyev? immediate sign worthy, Evgeniy? He's been trying to get signed for a couple years now and is so exciting 20-2, where's the contract? Even guys like Salamu and Gasanov are some of the best MW's out there, Raisov is worth signing, there's a long list. They do sign some of these guys but not nearly enough.
I think it must be some Ali thing. If you are Russian and you don't sign with Ali, good luck.

Shara signed with Ali and then the same week he got a UFC contract. It's a farce of a practice and basically some mafioso stuff, but that's the UFC

I think it must be some Ali thing. If you are Russian and you don't sign with Ali, good luck.

Shara signed with Ali and then the same week he got a UFC contract. It's a farce of a practice and basically some mafioso stuff, but that's the UFC

Shara is a whacky looking striker who throws a bunch of spinning shit.

And we see what happens when the UFC loads up on strikers, ala Ciryl Gane

Pereira has never fought a decent takedown artist either, O'Malley, Sandhagen and Chito haven't really passed that test yet get pushed to contention anyways. Poirier was that way for years, had awful takedown defense at 145 and then went without facing a wrestler for forever at LW until Khabib, shocking. They don't want strong grapplers derailing strikers often.

Seronio vs Garcia is off.

Besides AAA and Bagov, Bagov and Vart have serious bad blood and Vartanyan has wanted to get that loss back for some time. Bagov is ontop of his game now too. Dunno how many fights are on Vartanyans contract, I also don't know if he has a visa or not. But yeah, I'd love to see him in Bellator or the UFC.
I am pretty sure everyone in ACA Grand Prix has contracts that end with Grand Prix. Seems like that's how they managed to get Reznikov and Vartanyan -- Artem was open and loud that he is leaving/his contract expired and Eduard left.

I am pretty sure everyone in ACA Grand Prix has contracts that end with Grand Prix. Seems like that's how they managed to get Reznikov and Vartanyan -- Artem was open and loud that he is leaving/his contract expired and Eduard left.

So their contracts end with the GP most likely and they can become free agents? Abdul Aziz Abdulvakhabov seems to have left to PFL. I hope Vartanyan can sign somewhere in US after this (assuming he wins). If the UFC doesn't want ACA fighters Bellator and PFL will sign.

I remember seeing that recently some Brazilian from ACA called out Raisov, like we both fought at FW and now LW, let's fight and Raisov answered that he already has plans for 2 next fights but after that he is ready but he wants fight to be at WW.
Kerimov said that he was in direct contact with Shelby (or Maynard?).

Vartanyan is 31 right now and seems to be of the mind of "UFC or bust". But if he doesnt make the jump to the UFC this year then he will stay forever in Russia, which will be a shame.

TBH I dont think the UFC is interested in paying him a decent contract when they have a loaded division of killers, some of which are making chump-change. He should jump to Bellator and make good money.

I don't think he's bothered about going to Bellator, he can make good money in Russia and I think a lot of fighters don't really see Bellator as much of an upgrade over what they're already doing.

So their contracts end with the GP most likely and they can become free agents? Abdul Aziz Abdulvakhabov seems to have left to PFL. I hope Vartanyan can sign somewhere in US after this (assuming he wins). If the UFC doesn't want ACA fighters Bellator and PFL will sign.

AAA is a weird one, PFL have announced a fight but ACA are saying he's still with them.

I think this is exactly correct. It's all nepotism and quid pro quo between "agents" and the UFC.

I don't think he's bothered about going to Bellator, he can make good money in Russia and I think a lot of fighters don't really see Bellator as much of an upgrade over what they're already doing.
It’s better money then most of the Russian regionals, it’s a slight upgrade. Whether you want to get locked down is another story

It’s better money then most of the Russian regionals, it’s a slight upgrade. Whether you want to get locked down is another story
There are also way bigger challenges in Bellator than ACA.

I guess money and bigger fights are the upgrades. But the options are staying in Russia or move to the UFC and gamble on how good you will perform. You may end up going back broke...or you may make it big. Bellator is the middle of the road option. Or PFL and try to make a million.

Back