News Bellator 292: Usman vs. Benson, San Jose, March 10

fun weekend coming up, good Bellator and UFC cards.

Tofiq vs Shabliy is Bellator's version of Gaethje vs Chandler. It just sucks that Bellator is so bad at promoting because for hardcore MMA fans this is one we have been hoping for for a while. There should be big buzz around it.

Shouldnt be -2000 either. I think Usman should be somewhere around -700 at most.

I'd split the difference, I expected it to be -800 to -1200 for Usman. Super interested in Usman vs Mansour or Shabliy/Tofiq though.

I'd split the difference, I expected it to be -800 to -1200 for Usman. Super interested in Usman vs Mansour or Shabliy/Tofiq though.
IMO, Tofiq and Shabliy are top LW in the world, not just Bellator. The fact that they are mixing it up in the tournament is fucking exciting. I cant believe Bellator isnt making a bigger deal about it.

IMO, Tofiq and Shabliy are top LW in the world, not just Bellator. The fact that they are mixing it up in the tournament is fucking exciting. I cant believe Bellator isnt making a bigger deal about it.

If I had to do a world wide LW grand Prix (excluding the UFC of course) I think 4 or 5 out of Bellators 8 would be in it. This is an amazing GP and I hope it gets more promotion for the semis. I think Shabliy could be a title contender in the UFC, but I've been following Shabliys career before the Vartanyan fight even...Vartanyan is another one of the world's best LWs who would probably fight for a title in the UFC. I do think Tofiq is a step below them though, he's less technical and more limited but still...a ferocious puncher and solid wrestler.

Shabliy vs Tofiq is awesome, I think Usman should have gotten the hardest route in the tournament though since he got the easiest and most undeserved path to the title. As champ he shouldn't be fighting old washed Bendo.

If I had to do a world wide LW grand Prix (excluding the UFC of course) I think 4 or 5 out of Bellators 8 would be in it. This is an amazing GP and I hope it gets more promotion for the semis. I think Shabliy could be a title contender in the UFC, but I've been following Shabliys career before the Vartanyan fight even...Vartanyan is another one of the world's best LWs who would probably fight for a title in the UFC. I do think Tofiq is a step below them though, he's less technical and more limited but still...a ferocious puncher and solid wrestler.

Shabliy vs Tofiq is awesome, I think Usman should have gotten the hardest route in the tournament though since he got the easiest and most undeserved path to the title. As champ he shouldn't be fighting old washed Bendo.
I hope Vartanyan gets picked up by someone after the LW Grand Prix is over

Cleared out ACA besides AAA who I doubt we ever see again, and now onto new pastures

Cleared out ACA besides AAA who I doubt we ever see again, and now onto new pastures

Besides AAA and Bagov, Bagov and Vart have serious bad blood and Vartanyan has wanted to get that loss back for some time. Bagov is ontop of his game now too. Dunno how many fights are on Vartanyans contract, I also don't know if he has a visa or not. But yeah, I'd love to see him in Bellator or the UFC.

Besides AAA and Bagov, Bagov and Vart have serious bad blood and Vartanyan has wanted to get that loss back for some time. Bagov is ontop of his game now too. Dunno how many fights are on Vartanyans contract, I also don't know if he has a visa or not. But yeah, I'd love to see him in Bellator or the UFC.
Is Bagov sticking to WW or LW? I can't get a read on where his next bout is since I see some places say it's LW and others that it's WW

Vartanyan is 31 right now and seems to be of the mind of "UFC or bust". But if he doesnt make the jump to the UFC this year then he will stay forever in Russia, which will be a shame.

TBH I dont think the UFC is interested in paying him a decent contract when they have a loaded division of killers, some of which are making chump-change. He should jump to Bellator and make good money.

Vartanyan is 31 right now and seems to be of the mind of "UFC or bust". But if he doesnt make the jump to the UFC this year then he will stay forever in Russia, which will be a shame.

TBH I dont think the UFC is interested in paying him a decent contract when they have a loaded division of killers, some of which are making chump-change. He should jump to Bellator and make good money.

Vartanyan tried to get signed prior and was willing to take "whatever they offer me" apparently, I was told no visa was the issue. If he was from a different country that brought in views that were relevant to the UFC maybe things would be different. Why they didn't sign Shabliy when he had a visa is still a mystery to me too. Honestly they do avoid signing Russian talent a lot.

Is Bagov sticking to WW or LW? I can't get a read on where his next bout is since I see some places say it's LW and others that it's WW

I think his next fight is at Lightweight, I'd really like to see Vartanyan get that rematch. If he beats Reznikov which I think he will do comfortably, the only fights left for him are Bagov and AAA, I'm sure if AAA is healthy or what's going on either.

Back