Belcher's beef with Bisping

Middleweight Alan Belcher (18-6) will have his hands full with Yushin "Thunder" Okami (27-7) next week at UFC 155. But "The Talent" didn't hesitate to talk about his grudge against Michael Bisping (23-4) on MMA Weekly Radio.

From MMA Lives Here

So what's the big deal? Bisping had a choice between Belcher and a ranked opponent, and he chose the ranked opponent

At the time Bisping fought Stann, Belcher was the lower ranked fighter. Bisping made the right choice at the time.

I don't know why people think bisping has a chance against Vitor. I honestly don't see anywhere bisping will have an advantage. I see him getting blitzed and finished in tradition Vitor fashion.

no disrespect to belcher, as i think he is an exciting fighter, but he's always struck me as a bit of a whiner. relax man, keep winning fights and your time will undoubtedly come.

Good. This would be a great fight to set up when Belcher likely gets wrestlefucked by Okami and Bisping gets blitzed and put on ice by Vitor. Belcher is a tough matchup for Bisping stylistically, but if Bisping pulls out his wrestling this is a fairly even fight. I'd love to see this.

Good fight imo, but wtf Belcher focus on you upcoming fight. FOCUS!!! Okami is not to be taken lightly, and belcher should know this having already been grapplefucked by him before...

He can't seriously believe Bisping got to pick his opponent? What grounds does he even have to say this?

You don't believe that Bisping has say worth his matchups at this point, being the biggest British draw? Don't be naive.

Belcher beats Palhares, a mid-tier MW and suddenly it goes all to his head. I don't like Bisping, but I think he would easily piece of Belcher.

Lets not forget that this is the same Belcher who lost to Sexyama not too long along, which was Sexy's only win at MW too.

He doesn't have better striking than the Count... He get's hit way too often. Ed Herman hit him and was doing pretty well against him and his striking is very basic. I just don't see why Belcher's striking gets hyped so much. He is good but not great.

Alan belcher is going to stop okami by the second , bisping would be a tougher fight and would like to see it .

Belcher found a way to insult both Bisping AND Brian Stann in the same sentence. lol

Anyway I just re-watched Palhares vs Belcher and damn, Belcher's BJJ might be a factor in this fight if Yushin tries to hold him down (not that he's a LnP fighter). On the feet, I'd give the edge to Belcher, all Yushin really has is a strong jab and the threat of a takedown.

It's just smart, to generate ionterest, he knows he needs to do this to get the fight with Bisping. I really really really really really really hope he be beats Okami. If he does I really really really want to see him get that next big big big fight. Don't get me wrong Okami is a big fight but not as big as Bisping or Chris right now.

Belcher found a way to insult both Bisping AND Brian Stann in the same sentence. lol

Anyway I just re-watched Palhares vs Belcher and damn, Belcher's BJJ might be a factor in this fight if Yushin tries to hold him down (not that he's a LnP fighter). On the feet, I'd give the edge to Belcher, all Yushin really has is a strong jab and the threat of a takedown.

Okami is basically a 185 lb version of Fitch with some finishes sprinkled in here and there, he won't be active like Palhares was, if Okami gets on top of Belcher he's pretty much stuck.

Even if Vitor gets injured and pulls out, I think they'd put Lombard in before a guy who just had what will be a tough fight 3 weeks before. It would be a good fight but it isn't happening.

Okami is basically a 185 lb version of Fitch with some finishes sprinkled in here and there, he won't be active like Palhares was, if Okami gets on top of Belcher he's pretty much stuck.

no....just not at all

I am a very big Stann fan but Belcher is more rounded. Stann has more power though.

everyone want to kick Bisping's ass...

Lombard now Belcher.Who will step in ?

Back