Belcher: Okami will be scared

The way he was reacting to those punches made him look like a guy who'd never been hit in his life, it was bad. I don't think he can afford another slow start in this fight.

It was definitely bad, I'd only seen him react that way after Boetsch rocked him, was like he had a KO hangover.

Wait, what TDD? Palhares shot for one takedown and got it easily.

It was part of Belchers gameplan. Seriously the guy puts everything online for people to see. Leading up to the fight against Palhares he gameplanned around getting taken down and working from there. He even had an online seminar for it.

This Okami smashing is going to look horribly one sided

lol @ scared. Okami 30-27, Belcher won't have an answer for Okami's game. I think this will be very similar to the first fight.

Belcher will finish okami in 2nd rd with tko/punches!!!!!!! Too hungry and too focused !!!!!! War Belcher!!:cool:

lol @ scared. Okami 30-27, Belcher won't have an answer for Okami's game. I think this will be very similar to the first fight.

I think Okami is going to be scared. Okami still remembers Belcher's fight with Kang. Or was that Bisping?

Belcher will finish okami in 2nd rd with tko/punches!!!!!!! Too hungry and too focused !!!!!! War Belcher!!:cool:

I agree. "Thunder's" wrestling will go to waste as the fight stays on the feet and Okami loses by a violent, brutal KO.

Alan is no doubt the most overlooked fighter in the UFC!!!! I dont understand it. The guy has mad skills!!! Okami will need medical attention after they fight saturday night!!

I agree. "Thunder's" wrestling will go to waste as the fight stays on the feet and Okami loses by a violent, brutal KO.

Okami is a judoka. Granted he shoots for legs and bullies guys down from bodylock clinch, he is still from a judo background. Judo is not just hip throw and (folkstyle) wrestling is not just leg takedowns. In judo, shoots are legal but I think you have to do it a certain way, such that it conforms to judo belief, if you will. In wrestling, "judo" throws/trips are legal assuming it's not a full-on throw that then makes it an illegal slam.

Okami is a judoka. Granted he shoots for legs and bullies guys down from bodylock clinch, he is still from a judo background. Judo is not just hip throw and (folkstyle) wrestling is not just leg takedowns. In judo, shoots are legal but I think you have to do it a certain way, such that it conforms to judo belief, if you will. In wrestling, "judo" throws/trips are legal assuming it's not a full-on throw that then makes it an illegal slam.

Well thank you for the education. For the most part I am used to talking about Okami as a wrestler. In this I am thinking of Fujita and Sakuraba.

Im taking Belcher, too, but I really wanna see Alan fighting a guy who will smash him in the face a few times - not try leglocks or grinding out a UD, which is Okami's only real chance.

I still remember Jason Day and the wilting that he brought about. Long time ago, but I wanna see someone come in fearless and punch Belcher in the face repeatedly, let's see if he stands up to it.....he probably will, he's improved a ton.

It was part of Belchers gameplan. Seriously the guy puts everything online for people to see. Leading up to the fight against Palhares he gameplanned around getting taken down and working from there. He even had an online seminar for it.

This Okami smashing is going to look horribly one sided

So he showed good TDD by getting taken down.

I an nowhere near drunk enough for that to make sense.

So he showed good TDD by getting taken down.

I an nowhere near drunk enough for that to make sense.

If you live in North America and you're drunk now you must be pretty cool. Is that what I'm supposed to think after reading your post?

fight still feels a pickem one thing I do like about alan is his chin and heart.... and id rate that way above Okami right now.

However Okami just does things so well and controlled, has lovely strikes and long powerful jabs and has never been submitted. I dont see alan throwing leg kicks in fear of a trip or take down by okami and on the feet I feel Okami still has the edge that is if he does not quit mentally like I feel he did against his recent losses.

I hope buddy last fight showed Okami even he has to learn to get rocked and has to simply push thru and recover.

Fights close

I think Belcher is gonna catch Yushin on the way in and finish him with GNP. It should be a fun fight.

This is an awesome fight. Pulling for Belcher but too close to call...

2mxgxf7.gif

This. Big lol at Okami looking competitive at ALL vs Silva

It was definitely bad, I'd only seen him react that way after Boetsch rocked him, was like he had a KO hangover.

It almost looked to me like had lost faith in his chin so after every shot, he'd hesitate and pause as if he wanted to be sure he wasn't hurt before continuing. Getting finished by strikes twice in a row can fuck with a man's confidence.

Back