Being at the UFC live... what's it like?

DivineMind

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Asking 'cause I've never been.. and I'd like to go some day.

Please share your best/worst/mode experience.

Anyone ever run into Just Bleed Guy, Guys Throwin Punches like Rhonda, Big Fat Screaming Neckbeard Redditor, Mike Tyson, etc. in the audience? Are there any chicks or is it a big sausagefest?

Was it worth the money?

Fights are best watched at home with food and drink prepared watchin with people who know when and when not to be loud.

But if a fight is near you I say go at least once. Don't be scared to shimmy on to a closer empty pair of seats. They're always there.

Always be aware of when the crowd gets quiet to unleash the.....
tenor.gif

I've been to 6-7 but haven't attended in years. I love the atmosphere. The feelings you get during the walk-ins, during the fights & the finishes are amazing. Plus all the festivities leading up to the fights. I've posted pics & experiences after attending. Highly recommend going at least once.

EDIT: After some thought, it's actually 8 events. Too lazy to look up numbers but here are the cities:

• Minneapolis: GSP vs Fitch
  • Chicago: Silva vs Cote
  • Milwaukee: Pettis vs Henderson
  • Seattle: Diaz vs Henderson
  • Anaheim: Cain vs JDS I
  • Houston: Cormier vs Gus
  • Houston: Cain vs JDS III
  • Dallas: Pettis vs RDA
  • Bonus: Fedor vs Hendo

Last edited:
I always pick up a hot fake titty milf everytime I take my 6'5 ripped 280 lbs self out to an event, they pay for all of my $15 beers too

Just show them how many likes you have on Sherdog and you're in bro

Oh, and don't forget your Affliction shirt and Ed Hardy cap with at least 50 rhinestones

Ive been to about 20 live mma events and there hasnt been 1 time where I havent ran into a fighter and had a small interaction, so that parts always cool. Id definitely say to go with a friend or 2 for the experience.Buy a t shirt and bring a silver Sharpie maybe you'll get an autograph if that does anything for you.

Drunk tap out boys....if you aint with a group try to be...too many boys thinking they tough guys cuz they can buy a tap out shirt and drink coors light.

Based on the rising price of tickets for any major league sports event and the declining cost of large HD TVs, I think it's almost always better to watch it at home with friends. I have heard too many stories of obnoxious drunks that ruin it for everyone around them. I have decided that a major UFC event isn't worth it. Too many unknowns with the fighters making weight or getting injured before the event, or just stalling for a boring decision. How often do you hear the crowd booing? Do you want to pay to watch that?

Watching at home and going live is two totally different experiences. At home on a big tv, you get the HD camera angles, the commentary team and you can prepare food and shit. Live its the energy, the crowd ( before the pandemic ), the screams, thousand of people going fucking wild when someone get finished, it's really something to experience. Yes you can't see really well, but you can follow with the big screens, oh and the 17$ beer and 10$ pizza slice lol

At home to really see the fight in details and not miss anything, live for screaming your lungs out and vibing with thousand of fans.

It’s ok.

As mentioned above the walkouts and the prefight festivities are great but if you’ve ever heard the term “casual” be prepared to be absolutely surrounded by them.

Tons of rednecks. A fight has broken out in the crowd in all but one I’ve been to.

Like others have said, the atmosphere is great and there's normally meet and greets during the day if you're into shit like that

Views are normally good all round as well. Only real negative is there's always someone trying to start a fight in the toilets, but maybe that's just an England thing

Back