Being at the UFC live... what's it like?

Watched an event from a skybox, had the best seats in the house. You miss the commentary and you realize a lot of the crowd noises are added in by the truck. It feels like it takes forever between fights because you can't watch interviews or even commercials. It was great to go once but unless it's a huge card I probably wouldn't go out of my way again.

Asking 'cause I've never been.. and I'd like to go some day.

Please share your best/worst/mode experience.

Anyone ever run into Just Bleed Guy, Guys Throwin Punches like Rhonda, Big Fat Screaming Neckbeard Redditor, Mike Tyson, etc. in the audience? Are there any chicks or is it a big sausagefest?

Was it worth the money?
It was Divine..

It's the fucking worst. Everybody thinks they're a fighter. The cage is very small so unless you're really close up it kinda sucks to spectate. You should probably do it once just to say you went, but other than that no thanks.
Pretty much this. I went to one back in the day when they had a ppv in the east coast (NJ) (before NY was sanctioned) And it sucked. I mean, Jersey boys are the worst , then add Jersey boys acting like they are UFC fighters.....

You dont have to listen to the stupid commentary.
So thats a plus.

Asking 'cause I've never been.. and I'd like to go some day.

Please share your best/worst/mode experience.

Anyone ever run into Just Bleed Guy, Guys Throwin Punches like Rhonda, Big Fat Screaming Neckbeard Redditor, Mike Tyson, etc. in the audience? Are there any chicks or is it a big sausagefest?

Was it worth the money?

Its worth it for just the Rick Flair Woos alone. And its a mix of genders, plenty of hot chics be going. So yea bro work on your wooos and shadowboxin might get ya some dates

It was the best live sporting event I've ever been to - including the NBA (Raptors), the NHL (Leafs) and the CFL (doesn't matter).

Nowadays, I imagine it would be COVID-ee.

baseball is fun unless it’s the dodgers. Basketball is fun. I refuse to go to Lakers games now. I use to go to every suns-Lakers game. The last time I went it went double OT. My ex was 7 months pregnant. The lakers won. Their fans started screaming at us while leaving leaving, a POS tried pushing her down the elevator I went after the guy, and security broke it up. LA fans are generally terrible. LA people even ruin all our ski mountains
That’s fucked up man. Glad she and the baby didn’t get hurt. What the fuck is wrong with some people?

Re: there are plenty of chicks but each with a guy (more often a bunch of guys), and overall its probably 90/10 ratio, so unless you come with your girl your chances of meeting a girl are slim to nothing
Even then you still might go home alone...

It's hard to see whats going on inside the cage so you end up watching the big screen most of the time but when something big happens nothing compares to being in the stands when the crowd is going bananas. The constant Woos are incredibly annoying though, you hear it 10x more in the stands than on TV.

baseball is fun unless it’s the dodgers. Basketball is fun. I refuse to go to Lakers games now. I use to go to every suns-Lakers game. The last time I went it went double OT. My ex was 7 months pregnant. The lakers won. Their fans started screaming at us while leaving leaving, a POS tried pushing her down the elevator I went after the guy, and security broke it up. LA fans are generally terrible. LA people even ruin all our ski mountains
giphy.gif

That’s fucked up man. Glad she and the baby didn’t get hurt. What the fuck is wrong with some people?
It’s like that at dodger stadium too. I’ll drive the extra 4 hours to see games in San Francisco. Drive an extra 5 to snow ski in Tahoe. LA sucks

You need to get tickets in the upper part of the lower bowl so you can see the fighters above the cage. Sitting cage side isn't worth it when you have to look through the fence and have ushers constantly haggling you to sit down.

I went to UFC 236 in Atlanta which had Izzy/Gas and Max/Dustin back to back.. let's just say its going to be tough to go to another UFC event that delivered like that ever again.

Never been to a UFC event but attended a few Bellator ones. Saw Fedor, Royce, Millen, Big John.
Watching the fights live is a different experience. But you better be close enough to the cage or else you’ll end up watching the fights on the screens of the arena.
If you can afford it, go at least one time. See what’s it like.

There were 3 drunk guys behind me shouting WOoooOOOOO for like the whole 5 hours???

Was very annoying.
that sounds really inconsiderate of those jackasses. Any normal person would at least have the courtesy to mix it up with "olaaay olay olay olaaaaayyyyyy".

It's just the decent thing to do.

Fights are best watched at home with food and drink prepared watchin with people who know when and when not to be loud.

But if a fight is near you I say go at least once. Don't be scared to shimmy on to a closer empty pair of seats. They're always there.

Always be aware of when the crowd gets quiet to unleash the.....
tenor.gif
RqiC.gif

Piss lines so long you will see three drunk men standing in front of the same urinal, arms over each others shoulders, streaming into the same fixture from 4ft away.

Just stay home, camera angles and replays are way better, the beer is cheaper, and you can smoke all the bud you want. Plus no lines to the pisser.

Back