1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Being at the UFC live... what's it like?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by DivineMind, Apr 15, 2021.

1. DivineMind Black Belt

Asking 'cause I've never been.. and I'd like to go some day.

Please share your best/worst/mode experience.

Anyone ever run into Just Bleed Guy, Guys Throwin Punches like Rhonda, Big Fat Screaming Neckbeard Redditor, Mike Tyson, etc. in the audience? Are there any chicks or is it a big sausagefest?

Was it worth the money?

2. Frank McEdgar =====(SHERDOG)=====

Fights are best watched at home with food and drink prepared watchin with people who know when and when not to be loud.

But if a fight is near you I say go at least once. Don't be scared to shimmy on to a closer empty pair of seats. They're always there.

Always be aware of when the crowd gets quiet to unleash the.....[​IMG]

3. Prologue wiggle wiggle wiggle

The extra local fights you see in the crowd makes the price of the ticket worth it. Is normal in the Hall of the JBG.

<{JustBleed}>

4. Jose Beehive No.1 Soldier Of God Gif User

UFC is dying

Also don't let Dana catch you shimmying about like Ol' Dirty...
    <{danayeah}>

5. xHeadx Brown Belt

I've been to 6-7 but haven't attended in years. I love the atmosphere. The feelings you get during the walk-ins, during the fights & the finishes are amazing. Plus all the festivities leading up to the fights. I've posted pics & experiences after attending. Highly recommend going at least once.

EDIT: After some thought, it's actually 8 events. Too lazy to look up numbers but here are the cities:

• Minneapolis: GSP vs Fitch
    • Chicago: Silva vs Cote
    • Milwaukee: Pettis vs Henderson
    • Seattle: Diaz vs Henderson
    • Anaheim: Cain vs JDS I
    • Houston: Cormier vs Gus
    • Houston: Cain vs JDS III
    • Dallas: Pettis vs RDA
    • Bonus: Fedor vs Hendo

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  6. Post 2 Decision Gold Belt

I always pick up a hot fake titty milf everytime I take my 6'5 ripped 280 lbs self out to an event, they pay for all of my $15 beers too

Just show them how many likes you have on Sherdog and you're in bro

Oh, and don't forget your Affliction shirt and Ed Hardy cap with at least 50 rhinestones

7. IMPmmath Brown Belt

Ive been to about 20 live mma events and there hasnt been 1 time where I havent ran into a fighter and had a small interaction, so that parts always cool. Id definitely say to go with a friend or 2 for the experience.Buy a t shirt and bring a silver Sharpie maybe you'll get an autograph if that does anything for you.

Frank McEdgar and DivineMind like this.
  8. PabloMEX Resident Bang Bro

It's the fucking worst. Everybody thinks they're a fighter. The cage is very small so unless you're really close up it kinda sucks to spectate. You should probably do it once just to say you went, but other than that no thanks.

9. Rkue Purple Belt

Drunk tap out boys....if you aint with a group try to be...too many boys thinking they tough guys cuz they can buy a tap out shirt and drink coors light.

pick999, Dingaling and Kenny Powerth like this.
  10. Get To Da Choppa Brown Belt

It's a great place to hang out with the boys and show your UFC skills in front of the camera
    [​IMG]

11. Viking Power Red Belt

I’ve gone to a few. Just like other pro sports it’s more enjoyable to watch at home on a big tv from a viewing perspective. The atmosphere and energy of a live event though is something special.

12. Kung Fu Kowboy Are you not sports entertained... Staff Member Senior Moderator

Nothing like attending a sporting event... Atmosphere is hard to explain if you have never been. But the best view will be from your tv at home.

13. joenewbie Orange Belt

Based on the rising price of tickets for any major league sports event and the declining cost of large HD TVs, I think it's almost always better to watch it at home with friends. I have heard too many stories of obnoxious drunks that ruin it for everyone around them. I have decided that a major UFC event isn't worth it. Too many unknowns with the fighters making weight or getting injured before the event, or just stalling for a boring decision. How often do you hear the crowd booing? Do you want to pay to watch that?

14. MGS Her name is Dakota Skye

Watching at home and going live is two totally different experiences. At home on a big tv, you get the HD camera angles, the commentary team and you can prepare food and shit. Live its the energy, the crowd ( before the pandemic ), the screams, thousand of people going fucking wild when someone get finished, it's really something to experience. Yes you can't see really well, but you can follow with the big screens, oh and the 17$ beer and 10$ pizza slice lol

At home to really see the fight in details and not miss anything, live for screaming your lungs out and vibing with thousand of fans.

Frank McEdgar likes this.
  15. Pastinaca1 Green Belt

Paying 200 bucks just to hear drunktard fans scream like crazy? No thanks

16. Kenny Powerth Jean Belt (Jelt)

It’s ok.

As mentioned above the walkouts and the prefight festivities are great but if you’ve ever heard the term “casual” be prepared to be absolutely surrounded by them.

Tons of rednecks. A fight has broken out in the crowd in all but one I’ve been to.

DivineMind likes this.
  17. Motleysubs Blue Belt

Hockey is better live, same with baseball. NFL sucks live

18. Randy Fandy Fo Fanders I’m gonna take my pants off and kick your ass.

Every time I show up at a UFC event people think I’m a HW fighter. I guess it’s just because I look so bad ass in my affliction shirt? Idk. But honestly, I’m tired of people asking me for an autograph or asking for a picture. So i stopped going.

19. Gilday Silver Belt

Like others have said, the atmosphere is great and there's normally meet and greets during the day if you're into shit like that

Views are normally good all round as well. Only real negative is there's always someone trying to start a fight in the toilets, but maybe that's just an England thing

20. Randy Fandy Fo Fanders I’m gonna take my pants off and kick your ass.

Hockey is the best sport to attend live because of the nonstop action. Baseball is great to attend live as well because the game is so slow which gives you a lot of time to just get drunk as fuck.

joenewbie and Frank McEdgar like this.