Being at the UFC live... what's it like?

Hockey is better live, same with baseball. NFL sucks live
I’m torn. Depends somewhat on seating. Hockey is great if you’re up at the glass. Baseball is great if you’re behind home plate. Both get worse as you venture away from those prime spots. NFL live is great for the insane energy but pretty shitty no matter where you sit. All my opinion of course.

Like others have said, the atmosphere is great and there's normally meet and greets during the day if you're into shit like that

Views are normally good all round as well. Only real negative is there's always someone trying to start a fight in the toilets, but maybe that's just an England thing
Don’t you mean the loo?

Lots of overpriced beer. Some people smoking weed. its better to watch the fight in the big screen over the octagon instead of looking at the octagon itself.

and about if its worth it, I have no ideia. The 2 times I went, my sponsor at the time paid.

I sat front row for Weidman vs Munoz and 5th row for UFC On Fox 7(Melendez vs Henderson title fight)
Its a great time, lotta hot chicks and a few celebrities, action and excitement everywhere you look, I dont regret spending the money for the best seats, it was well worth it
I took a picture with Dana and sat in front of NFL quarterback Aaron Rodgers at the Weidman fight
I took a pic with Mark Munoz and Bruce Buffer and gave Phil Baroni a fright by drunkenly yelling in his ear and giving him a squishy hand shake with my whiskey covered hand at Fox 7
All in all, a successful evening each time

Last edited:
I can't believe so many people say stay at home or only go once.

I've been in town for 2 events and gone to both, always a great time and I can get tickets for under 100 CAD. Pre-drink a little bit and having a few overpriced beer ain't so bad.

There's an energy to live sports, but the best viewing location is your couch at home with the Sherdog PBP thread up and running.

I've attended a lot of live sporting events in my years, and I'd rank the UFC low on the totem pole. It was very long and drawn out, with little entertainment between fights. Any other sport has cheerleaders, dancers, mascots, monkeys doing slam dunks, you name it. The UFC just has shitty nu metal blaring through speakers and an empty cage for ten minutes after every fight. But when I've gone I always go for the early prelims and everything, and that's probably the mistake. Just like the last few prelim fights to settle in and the main card would have worked better for me.

I did go to the event with CM Punk's fight with Gall and roughly half the crowd was wearing pro wrestling gear. Judging by conversations around me the crowd understanding of MMA was decidedly casual.

I'd honestly say I liked going to regional shows a little more than the UFC in a big arena. The crowd is rowdier and and the MMA is sloppier, but its more fun and intense imo.

Been to 2 events in Chicago (Dillashaw/Barao 2 and Cejudo/Moraes). Chitown has a lot of testosterone in the audience. 1 event in Anaheim (Jones/DC 2). Solid event! And 1 event in Dallas (Stipe/JDS). This was by far the most memorable. I wheel kicked Chase Sherman's Girlfriend in the back of the head, completely unintentional. Her and the nearby patrons showed mercy and let my old fat ass live. So that was by far the least threatening crowd for an old feeble f*** like myself.

@pride_rules , she ate my best like a cupcake! GOAT chin contender!

I started talking shit with some people that was tailgating next to me, they knew a lot about mma, for sure sherdoggers but I didn't wanna ask. Lol.

Next to me was this asian dude who came out of no where mid event and left before the co main event happened... if I had to guess he had some sort of relationship with a fighter. He was pointing people out in the crowd to me, first one he spotted was Arianny, lol. Cool dude knew a lot about mma.

A live event is worth it to experience at least once for the energy in the room, there is something unique about it; especially if you’re lucky enough to be there for a special performance.

However, if you really want to pay attention to a match & really dig into the fine details, nothing beats being at home & studying it on a widescreen.

Asking 'cause I've never been.. and I'd like to go some day.

Please share your best/worst/mode experience.

Anyone ever run into Just Bleed Guy, Guys Throwin Punches like Rhonda, Big Fat Screaming Neckbeard Redditor, Mike Tyson, etc. in the audience? Are there any chicks or is it a big sausagefest?

Was it worth the money?
dont waste your time. it aint worth it son. better watch it from large screen TeeVee!

Asking 'cause I've never been.. and I'd like to go some day.

Please share your best/worst/mode experience.

Anyone ever run into Just Bleed Guy, Guys Throwin Punches like Rhonda, Big Fat Screaming Neckbeard Redditor, Mike Tyson, etc. in the audience? Are there any chicks or is it a big sausagefest?

Was it worth the money?
Depends on so many factors... The sitting arrangement being one of them... Every arena I been to had screens, but if you are watching it on the screen sitting far away - its worse than watching at home.
Overall - the adrenaline rush, the crowd emotions are totally different level.
I always bought diamonds tickets (kinda close) and never regretted it.
Re: there are plenty of chicks but each with a guy (more often a bunch of guys), and overall its probably 90/10 ratio, so unless you come with your girl your chances of meeting a girl are slim to nothing

I’ve been to a few and it’s a cool experience, worth doing once but like a few have said before me it’s better at home .
Again it’s worth doing once , but my advice is don’t go 5 times with 300 $ tickets, go once with 1500 tickets and get close enough to enjoy it , the fence obstructs the view more than you think and you end up watching the screen anyway if you don’t get close

It actually sucks ive been to 3 no was Diego’s cross walk. Front row sucks you can’t see anything further back also sucks compared to watching in a television.

it’s a giant cage. You have 8 post obscuring your vision and a fence.

and anything but heavyweights is a terrible aesthetic.

Neat experience, really gives you a different understanding of just how violent it is in person. However, if you’re really wanting to actually watch the fight closely, it is better on tv. I don’t know if it’s all UFC events or just the one I went to, but it was full of drunk dudes trying to start shit, there was like 5 fights in the crowd. I was a door man at a bar for years and I’ve dealt with far too many of those types of people over the years so that soiled it a bit for me. Overall, if you get a chance it’s worth doing at least once but I wouldn’t go totally out of my way to do it again.

I’m torn. Depends somewhat on seating. Hockey is great if you’re up at the glass. Baseball is great if you’re behind home plate. Both get worse as you venture away from those prime spots. NFL live is great for the insane energy but pretty shitty no matter where you sit. All my opinion of course.
baseball is fun unless it’s the dodgers. Basketball is fun. I refuse to go to Lakers games now. I use to go to every suns-Lakers game. The last time I went it went double OT. My ex was 7 months pregnant. The lakers won. Their fans started screaming at us while leaving leaving, a POS tried pushing her down the elevator I went after the guy, and security broke it up. LA fans are generally terrible. LA people even ruin all our ski mountains

I went to ufc 178 I believe it was and it was awesome Zingano beat the living horse chit out of nunes and when conor knocked out Dustin that place went ape $hit. Over it was an awesome experience and you should go if you ever can. Oh people were booing Romero during stoolgate and when he ko Kennedy I think I was the loudest mofo there cheering for him.

I've been able to watch the following professional sports live: hockey, soccer, football, baseball, basketball, MMA.

Everything, except for MMA, was enjoyable for me. Unless you are cageside, you simply can't enjoy the nuances of the sport. It's too far away. Even if you are in a lower bowl.

All of the other sports almost any seat in the arena is enjoyable.

I actually enjoy regional shows more in-person than the UFC. The UFC is great on TV. I highly recommend going to your local regional shows though. The LFA is really good in-person too.

Back