• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

beating Volkanovski is a BIG DEAL

ff

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I predicted Volkanovski to beat Islam & he would make easy, but it seems that we witnessed two all time great beat each other, beating Volk is like beating Jon Jones in his prime..
I hope he beat it Yair even though it's gonna be hard as he too southpaw but I trust Volk to beat him and come back to get the lightweight belt.

Well said OP.

I hate how literally no one is giving Islam any credit for what he just did.
He beat a guy that seemed invincible. A guy that was on a double digit win streak, fighting in his prime, and was the P4P King.

Islam won fair and square and deserves waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more credit than he's being given.

Agree 100%.

Volk losing the striking and the wrestling = Volk is amazing, true number 1 p4p
Islam winning the striking and the wrestling against the former number 1 p4p = not impressive

That wasn't beating Volk

Islam was breaking in 5th

volk was on a 21 fight streak or something and got beat. i agree it was a big deal

lets also not forget the max 2 fight where max nearly got the split decision

nope you are right. judges should not be present at fights, Volk wins by the power of the almighty.
Volk ended 5th Rd beating the shit out of Islam who's back was pinned on mat.

Blueprint to Dagestani wrestling has been shown.

Volk ended 5th Rd beating the shit out of Islam who's back was pinned on mat.

Blueprint to Dagestani wrestling has been shown.
what happened for the rest of the 4 rounds? throw it out of the window with the judges, let volk win god damn it. Power of the almighty, sherdog's son has requested....

It’s true. I fell for it myself and Instead of admitting how big of a deal is to beat a monster like Volk, I questioned Islam’s performance. Maybe the massive size difference made me think it would be a mismatch. It was a great contest anyway.

I think Islam won the contest but NOT the fight. Specially with how it ended.

Wish more people would just go with Volk is fucking good rather than Islam sucks. These dudes just had a great, competitive fight. Both guys deserve respect.
Bruh this is Sherdog. Noone is good, everybody sucks. Thats how it goes here.

BS aside, Islam took on the P4P #1 fighter in the world and beating him across five rounds in a fight that truly tested his will and skills. Both guys should leave the arena with their heads held high. Excellent showing by both. Fuck what some neckbearded, basement-dwellers, wiping dried chocolate off their man-titties are saying on some shitty ass forum lol.

Well. Islam called out Volk and mocked him for his hight. Barely surviving getting beat up on your back by " mini volkl" is not a good look.

Wish more people would just go with Volk is fucking good rather than Islam sucks. These dudes just had a great, competitive fight. Both guys deserve respect.
Volk is good, and Islam sucks.

Back