based on the darn knight trilogy-would nolan have done a better job with watchmen

How is the Darn Knight? Never heard if that movie. Is he similar to Summerman and Winner woman?

This thread seems like it's fit for a Linkin Park song with how much "angst" there is in here. I think Nolan would have done a better job than Snyder (Watchmen was awful, imo) but I believe Watchmen needed a completely different director to nail the FEEL down of the graphic novel. Snyder's Dawn of the Dead was his best effort, but I do hope his Superman movie does well.

intense is an understatement lol. violence in movies overall doesnt bother me but that scene disturbed the fuck out of me for days as a 13 year old and i dont think ive watched it since.

in fact, i havent watched Saving Private Ryan all through since seeing it in theaters. but ive caught pieces here and there on television.

That was crazy because that one guy didn't help out at all. Make you feel sorry for both the stabbed dude and the helpless.

That was crazy because that one guy didn't help out at all. Make you feel sorry for both the stabbed dude and the helpless.

that's why Upham is one of the p4p most hated film characters ever.

Is The Darn Knight an off shoot of the knights who say ni?

can we do another one!? would Richard Donner have done a better job on Batman (1989) than Tim Burton!?

I heard that, but that doesnt change my opinion about his work. Woody Allen is a freak but still a great director.

I always thought the half sister Natassja Kinski was hot.

nastassja_kinski_gallery_32.jpg

Spielberg is a true scholar.

He makes great movies that cures insomnia such as War Horse, Abe Lincoln and AI.

a.i. was actually a good movie. i guess it doesn't appeal to fans of movies like "bad boys 2" though. :icon_neut

Sorry,but No. The only thing that comes close to getting e-fellated on here as much as The Wire is Nolan,and he doesn't deserve it,frankly.

Watchemen was gonna be a tough movie to make,everyone said it.Snyder did a pretty good job. I was pissed about the ending myself,but then someone made a compelling argument that changed my mind,and yeah,the movie ending does make better sense.

It shouldn't have been a movie to begin with, it should have been a HBO mini-series
But, Snyder did a great job I felt

Now you're doing the opposite of what Nolan worshippers do.

Isn't that stating the obvious? I am doing the opposite of what people that worship Nolan are doing.

People that worship Nolan are building alters in his name and I am attempting to tear them down.

Do you care to explain exactly what you were getting at besides stating the obvious?

Watchmen was a weird,dissapointing movie.Think many could have done a better job with it.It didn't deserve it's box office success either.

Watchmen wasn't a bad movie. I could never bring myself to watch it again because of what was cut out but it was more faithful than 99% of the comic movies out there.
If Snyder was given a trilogy to work with instead of cramming an entire graphic novel in to one film, it would have been perfect. The movie was too long in a lot of people's opinions and that was with a lot cut out. I'm positive they changed the ending and cut out a lot because of budget/time constraints. I would have appreciated more realistic fight scenes but I can live with what was given. The movie was kind of destined for failure but it got a lot of people to read it and that's all that counts.

Sorry,but No. The only thing that comes close to getting e-fellated on here as much as The Wire is Nolan,and he doesn't deserve it,frankly.

Watchemen was gonna be a tough movie to make,everyone said it.Snyder did a pretty good job. I was pissed about the ending myself,but then someone made a compelling argument that changed my mind,and yeah,the movie ending does make better sense.

Great Post! I love the use of the term "e-fellated"

What was the argument? I'm interested in hearing it because I want to enjoy watching the movie. I just love the genetic manipulation aspect and the fact that Ozymandias actually looks like a genius.

No, there was nothing wrong with Watchmen. And yes, I have read the graphic novel.

HAHAHA

The Darn Knight

That shit got me laughing good

I really liked Watchmen... the fight scenes were awesome.

Back