based on the darn knight trilogy-would nolan have done a better job with watchmen

Snyder did as good a job coming close to the source material as you can

he's made some good films. have you ever seen the prestige? one of my favorite movies of all time.

No comments. The prestige is one of the worst piece of crap i ever saw.

Cloning machine in a 19 century movie. Stupid.

No it was not. Slow motion scenes. Changed ending.

When a moron like Zack Snyder thinks he is smarter than Alan Moore and changes the ending of the novel you know the movies is going to stink.

Wow yeah how could i forget. The worst choice in soundtrack in the history of movies.

You really know when a director is good by his selection of soundtrack. Like Leone and Enio Morricone, or Fellini and Nino Rota.

But Zack ''may he die in a brutal way'' Snyder? He thinks 99 red balloons is a great song.

Gosh how could i forget. Hallelujah in a sex scene. Who ever brought up the stupid concept of comic relief? Imagine if all of sudden when Don Corleone was dying Jerry Lewis appeared for a little comic relief?

Comic relief is rarely a good idea. Specially when your name is not Tarantino.

If you want Watchmen unaltered stick to the graphic novel (btw i thought Moore's ending sucked)

And the soundtrack was phenomenal.

Snyder did as good a job coming close to the source material as you can

No. He changed the ending. Giving Watchmen to Snyder was just like giving Macbeth to Michael Bay. A predictable disaster.

L o fucking l

You have to have a horrible standard of movies to apreciate that kind of crap.

It was as bad as Battlefield earth. Nonsensical, stupid, silly. The only thing decent was the acting.

No it was not. Slow motion scenes. Changed ending.

When a moron like Zack Snyder thinks he is smarter than Alan Moore and changes the ending of the novel you know the movies is going to stink.

Wow yeah how could i forget. The worst choice in soundtrack in the history of movies.

You really know when a director is good by his selection of soundtrack. Like Leone and Enio Morricone, or Fellini and Nino Rota.

But Zack ''may he die in a brutal way'' Snyder? He thinks 99 red balloons is a great song.

I don't think slow motion scenes are necessarily a bad thing... The Comedian being thrown through the window looked amazing in HD, for example.

Also, I understand why the ending was changed. The giant monster attacking New York would probably have looked hokey, and/or added considerably to the budget. Personally, I think the revised ending was more plausible, while being only a minor deviation from the original plot.

Either way, I enjoyed it - it was one of the most faithful comic book adaptations I've ever seen (besides Sin City), and I think Snyder did an admirable job considering that for years many believed Watchmen was one book that was impossible to convert to film.

I also didn't mind (or notice) much of the soundtrack. 99 Red Balloons was actually a fitting choice for the theme of Cold War paranoia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/99_Luftballons

I thought Nolan's most realistic portrayal of life occurred in the Dark Knight when Bruce Whine's back is broken and that guy from that incredibly realistic underground cult punches his vertebrae back into place and then makes Mr. Whine hang from a rope.

That is the general consensus among doctors to be the best method for dealing with a severe back injury.

What exactly was realistic about Nolan's awful Batman trilogy? The only decent scenes over the entire 3 films took place when Heath Ledger was on screen.

I don't think anybody could have made the Watch-Men into a good film. There are already plenty of cliched, emotionally flawed super hero movies as it is.

snyders watchmen is almost perfect.

It also has a better ending than the graphic novel

No it doesn't. If the Russians in Watchmen thought that Nixons personal one-man army nuked one of their cities, nuclear war happens immediately. Dialog over, launch the fuckin missles.

Nolan is the greatest director of our age, you sir don't know good film.

I'm joking, I've personally never really liked a movie he's done.

Nolan wouldn't even be in the top 10 when it comes to directors. The Cohen Brothers are light years ahead of Nolan. Nolan has made some decent films and some horrible films like Batman.

Nolan's a decent mainstream Hollywood director but not even close to the greatest of our age. He'll quickly be forgotten when his career is over.

In wrongly Proclaiming Nolan the greatest director of our age, its obvious that you sir don't know good film.

I thought Snyder did a fantastic job, Nolan is good too but come on, grounded, was Dr. Manhattan grounded?

come to think of it, one should ask himself would Snyder have done a better job with the dark knight than Nolan?

boom!!!!!!!!! blew your mind right there!

*runs away from the haters*

No it doesn't. If the Russians in Watchmen thought that Nixons personal one-man army nuked one of their cities, nuclear war happens immediately. Dialog over, launch the fuckin missles.

The Russians werent the only ones hit

Exactly.

i still don't get why a lot of people don't like Watchmen. Maybe it's cause i didn't read the graphic novel so i don't have the basis for comparison but i thought it was awesome and Snyder did a quite solid job with it.

Nolan wouldn't even be in the top 10 when it comes to directors. The Cohen Brothers are light years ahead of Nolan. Nolan has made some decent films and some horrible films like Batman.

Nolan's a decent mainstream Hollywood director but not even close to the greatest of our age. He'll quickly be forgotten when his career is over.

In wrongly Proclaiming Nolan the greatest director of our age, its obvious that you sir don't know good film.

You obviously only read half of what I said. Re-read what I wrote, all of it.

You obviously only read half of what I said. Re-read what I wrote, all of it.

I apologize. I am a "moran" for not reading your entire post. I'm obviously not a big fan of Nolan myself and I reacted hastily without taking the time to read everything you wrote.

tumblr_m1oh1gjh511r272d0.gif

i still don't get why a lot of people don't like Watchmen. Maybe it's cause i didn't read the graphic novel so i don't have the basis for comparison but i thought it was awesome and Snyder did a quite solid job with it.

Because Alan Moore is a great and perfectionist writer. Everything in watchmen was cautiously planned, to the machiavellian plot to the simmetry in every page.

Snyder is not a good director, he is just like Michael Bay. Explosions, slow motions, over-choreographed fighting scenes, unfitting soundtrack,etc.

A bad director with a brainy source material. I dont think Watchmen is as deep as great novels, but for comic books it is hard to get any deeper.

Now youre doing the opposite of what Nolan worshippers do.

Back